Are J. Gordon and M. Bryant roster cloggers?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Are J. Gordon and M. Bryant roster cloggers?

Postby maxhyde » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 pm I wouldn't trade Bryant for 1.05, and I own him in both my leagues...
Thats the spirit...
I think his owners will be torn between getting something like a late 1st for him now or riding it out until his value starts to creep up over the summer.
I like this draft but where I own him I am not going to shop him very hard. See what filters in and if I see something I like I may move on. I will say the NFL's somehwat relaxed weed stance can only help his situation
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 pm

If you're not moving him now, you'll be regretting having not done so a year from now.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:29 pm

skip wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 pm If you're not moving him now, you'll be regretting having not done so a year from now.
I think, like many things, that depends on what you spent to acquire him in the first place.

For example I own 5 shares of Bryant. Of those shares

1 I acquired via waivers (way back in 2014 - so cannot recall why he was in waivers - as it is not an MFL league)

1 I drafted in the 13th round of a startup last year

1 I acquired for a 2016 3rd (the owner used the pick to draft Paxton Lynch)

1 I acquired for a 2016 2nd (the owner used the pick to draft Braxton Miller)

1 I acquired for basically Keenan Allen (about a week before he got suspended)

So of those 5 shares about the only one that I gave up something that currently has more value than Bryant was 1 league - and it is not like Keenan Allen did much more than Bryant last year (athough for obviously different reasons).

Now obviously if you bought Martavis Bryant for either a pick or a player who currently has higher (and more stable value) than sure you can probably feel the pressure - but I also feel that having strong regrets for moves you made or didnt make is pretty much a waste of time and not healthy for you as a dynasty owner. Use your mistakes or bad outcomes as learning experiences instead. M. Bryant can be a useful barometer for your risk/reward comfort level. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:55 am

skip wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 pm If you're not moving him now, you'll be regretting having not done so a year from now.
How the Steelers draft will help you determine their comfort and trust level with Martavis. If they add WR in 1st or 2nd, they're hedging their bets.

I think you wait it out a little longer until he's completely reinstated to try and squeeze every last bit of value before you trade.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:00 am

the clip of the 4.27 he allegedly ran is impressive , and he looked yoked up big time. A big IF ... but if he stays clean look the eff out !
I was a major pessimist however if I had a team that didn't need him I would take a shot if the price wasn't ridiculous , I would be a buyer for a mid 2nd .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 am

I was steadfast on wanting a late 1st for Bryant while he was still suspended. I may end up going down with the ship, but I wouldn't consider selling him now unless I'm safely getting into the top tier of this draft (1.04-1.05).

I don't have much invested in Bryant though, so I'm willing to roll the dice. I have decent confidence that he's turned things around and surrounded himself with the right people, and I'm excited to know that Bryant shockingly never consistently lifted before this past year.

He's going to beast IMO , and I think the Steelers produce two fantasy WR1s this year if Ben plays 13 games or more.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 am

Still I think the program is a bigger challenge for some of these guys than they think. I doubt you are getting that kind of return until he is actually on the field producing.

Myself I will settle for anything after that 1st tier of rookies until about 1.11-12 depending on my options. Figure Bryant is a decent enough player and the Steelers are needy at WR so he could build value quickly early in the season
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

GingerSupremacy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby GingerSupremacy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:22 pm

So what I'm hearing is I shouldn't have taken him in the 4th round of my startup last year.
12 team PPR - 22 man rosters - cuts down to 16 prior to rookie draft - 2016 Startup
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, WR/TE/RB, K, DEF
.5 PPC for QB's - 6pts./TD

QB - Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes
RB - Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Gordon, Rex Burkhead, Adrian Peterson, Jonathan Stewart
WR/TE - Rob Gronkowski, Keenan Allen, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon, Josh Doctson, Chris Godwin, Carlos Henderson

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Be fine probably because he did as much as Treadwell and Doctson did for their owners last year
No further behind than those guys and now I think ahead because we have seen Bryant as a #1 WR for the Steelers in the playoff game a couple years ago. Tiny sample size but he did OK against a great defense and kept the Steelers in the game

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Very much worth holding on imo. The new beefed up version of Martavis is Megatron-like. If he can stay focused he can be awesome

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:39 am

With Daryl Washington also being let back into the league, who hasn't played since 2013, it seems highly likely that Gordon is reinstated as well. There is chatter going around that Browns are currently trying to trade Gordon before the draft tonight. It is highly possible they already know what is the decision on Gordon. Might be a good time to trade a 3r or 4th round pick to get Gordon or pick him up on waiver. Also Josh Gordon's recent Instagram posts make a whole lot more sense now.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs