Lynch the new GM of the 49ers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Lynch the new GM of the 49ers

Postby onetwothree » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:55 pm

I thought they were talking about some different John Lynch. Maybe a Jon Lynch.

Assume Shanahan had input so it's odd he'd hitch his wagon to a complete unknown. Maybe he changes his mind in a week. Then again, just about everyone else turned them down so at some point you hire anyone with a familiar name.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:15 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:46 pm
Fan of Lynch, player and commentator, and hope he shows some chops.
Hey, they couldn't get worse...right?

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 pm

Madadamus wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 pm I don't understand why people are laughing at this. Peyton Manning was linked as a possible GM for the Colts. If he were to get that position would we be all saying the same thing?
Manning is/was a true student of the game. He use to study the incoming crop of rookies each year and tell his coaches who he likes. He may not have any experience with the cap, but I have a feeling he would be a quick study.
The standard is the standard.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:23 am

df_sarc wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 pm Me 'OMG'
Girlfriend 'what?'
'They hired John Lynch as the San Fran GM'
'Who's John Lynch?'
'An ex player'
'Whats wrong with that? they do that in hockey all the time'
'You don't understand, he has zero job experience in every facet of his job'
'I'm sure they have a better idea than you'
'well, the thing is, they quite clearly don't'
Hahaha that's great
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:01 am

What does this mean for Deandre Smelter? #neverletgo
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_m ... _football)

Definition of a NFL GM according to wikipedia ...

"The general manager will in many cases have oversight of the entire football department, typically reporting to the team president/CEO and/or owner. However, some teams have the GM act in advisory role with the head coach having oversight of the football operations (including the GM)."

Maybe Shannahan will be the real GM ...
This is what I think is happening. Shanahan told them he wanted control of personnel decisions so they hired a guy that would bend to that prerogative. The fact that it's John Lynch is hilarious though. So is the thought of Coogs running an NFL organization (almost as crazy as the thought of reality star Donald Trump running a country, oh wait.....).

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:01 am

Coogan Football wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:11 pm I had to literally go to NFL.com to see if this was real.....Lol wow

Between my 10 years of experience officiating highschool football, my 12,000 posts on here and then spending the last week at the Senior Bowl scouting players I think that I'm almost as deserving of this job as Lynch is...This is truly hilarious, sorry for you 49er fans.
sources tell me you were nearly the hire but a few things cost you the job
the 12,000 posts and 333,000 emojis were nearly enough however when they reviewed your nellie agholor can't miss posts and then read that you called chad kelly a douche one day and got his autograph for your ebay store the next day it was THAT off putting inconsistency that tilted the scales towards the likely HOF smart guy with real football experience and more than 8 hours of scouting chops.
my guess is he is better than sashi or grigson or baalke right out of the box , this is a dude from a privileged background that could have taken the easy path in life but instead busted his bleep as a player and then as an announcer and should have been fox's top guy but aikman for some reason is there littering the air waves with his perma concussed half asleep observations. It will not surprise me at all if he is really successful .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:24 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:01 am
Coogan Football wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:11 pm I had to literally go to NFL.com to see if this was real.....Lol wow

Between my 10 years of experience officiating highschool football, my 12,000 posts on here and then spending the last week at the Senior Bowl scouting players I think that I'm almost as deserving of this job as Lynch is...This is truly hilarious, sorry for you 49er fans.
sources tell me you were nearly the hire but a few things cost you the job
the 12,000 posts and 333,000 emojis were nearly enough however when they reviewed your nellie agholor can't miss posts and then read that you called chad kelly a douche one day and got his autograph for your ebay store the next day it was THAT off putting inconsistency that tilted the scales towards the likely HOF smart guy with real football experience and more than 8 hours of scouting chops.
my guess is he is better than sashi or grigson or baalke right out of the box , this is a dude from a privileged background that could have taken the easy path in life but instead busted his bleep as a player and then as an announcer and should have been fox's top guy but aikman for some reason is there littering the air waves with his perma concussed half asleep observations. It will not surprise me at all if he is really successful .
He could be successful and this would still have been a poorly managed hire if only because they gave him a six year deal. It's things like this that have the Niners slightly edge out the Colts for worst ownership in the NFL. The Colts talk about doing things like this, but the Niners actually do it.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:47 am

I would nominate the Bears for worst ownership. They are the least successful big-market team in sports (now that the Cubs have finally won).
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:01 am

Bruiser wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:47 am I would nominate the Bears for worst ownership. They are the least successful big-market team in sports (now that the Cubs have finally won).
I'd nominate Dan Snyder. He refuses to rename a franchise that is named after a derogatory slang term for an entire race of people. A few years back I referenced this with my fantasy team name the Chattanooga Blackskins, the next year I was the Bangkok Yellowskins. :wall:

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:37 am

all those are fine ... but if someone named a team the walla walla whiteskins , I would pee my pants and burst into tears running for my safespace cause my feelings are hurt and my snowflake could melt
cause I learned long ago

sticks and stones cant break my safespace protected bones but mean old words can really really hurt me
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:07 am

Defender wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 pm
Madadamus wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 pm I don't understand why people are laughing at this. Peyton Manning was linked as a possible GM for the Colts. If he were to get that position would we be all saying the same thing?
Manning is/was a true student of the game. He use to study the incoming crop of rookies each year and tell his coaches who he likes. He may not have any experience with the cap, but I have a feeling he would be a quick study.
How do you know Lynch isn't? The hubris around here is getting unbearable. Did anyone on this fantasy football forum interview John Lynch? Does anyone actually know his experience? Just lame to make all the comments bashing this guy without having any real knowledge about who he is other than he was an ex player and commentator.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:21 am

I read somewhere don't remember where that lynch called shanahan to offer his services and that was the biggest factor because then shanny pushed for it.

Not sure if there is truth to it or who knows what was said, but them looking to grab Shanny for six years also suggests they are a package deal.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:17 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:07 am
Defender wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 pm
How do you know Lynch isn't? The hubris around here is getting unbearable. Did anyone on this fantasy football forum interview John Lynch? Does anyone actually know his experience? Just lame to make all the comments bashing this guy without having any real knowledge about who he is other than he was an ex player and commentator.
I was thinking the same thing. What if this guy (Center/Gaurd) was a GM in 20 years... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Urschel

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:37 pm

SF needed someone that Shanahan would "get along" with. I'm sure he had input as the last thing you want to have to start a tenure is friction with the front office.