Lynch the new GM of the 49ers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gateway400
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Lynch the new GM of the 49ers

Postby gateway400 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Lynch is going to make a big splash in FA and steal Kirk Cousins from the Redskins and sign Alshon Jeffery to form a Cousins, Alshon, Hyde trio....lol....oh wait...that roster is so decimated Im not sure that would even help them compete. They have to view Lynch as a stop gap....surely. :crazy:
1/2 ppr, 1ppr for TE, $200 Salary Cap, 10 teams, Start 1-2 QB, 1-4 RB, 2-7 WR, 1-4 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB: B. Mayfield($4-13), J. Garoppollo($1-7)
RB: L. Bowden ($1), JD McKissick($1)
WR: K. Golladay($2-6), C. Sutton($4-8), C. Davis($12-9), M. Williams($9-7), A. Lazard($5-5), K. Cole($8), D. Duverney($4-5), V. Jefferson($3-5), D. Peoples-Jones($3)
TE: M. Gesicki ($4-4), A. Hooper($1-4), O.J. Howard ($7-5), T. Conklin($1)
K: C. Boswell($1)
Def: Football Team D($1)

Taxi Squad (7 players max): J. Jefferson($4), C. Claypool($4), N. Fant($4), M. Pittman($4), D. Mims($4), B. Edwards($4), J. Stidham($1)

Draft Picks: 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th picks 2022: 6 - 1sts & 5 - 2nds

Trophy Room:
2020: 8th Place
2019: 5th Place Blew up team for tons of picks!
2018: 1st Place! CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 3peat! :dance:
2017: 1st Place! Championship!!
2016: 1st Place! Championship!
2015: 3rd Place
2014: 4th Place
2013: 8th Place

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:56 pm

At least it's refreshing to see teams going into the deep, deep unknown with these hires....instead of regurgitating the same old names. Sure, it isn't going to work for every team (LA, LA2, BUF, SF) but you'd have to imagine that some of these reaches will pan out....

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:40 pm

Rowsdower wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:56 pm At least it's refreshing to see teams going into the deep, deep unknown with these hires....instead of regurgitating the same old names. Sure, it isn't going to work for every team (LA, LA2, BUF, SF) but you'd have to imagine that some of these reaches will pan out....
The name is fairly deep unknown, but this seems an awful lot like an attempt to emulate the Broncos hiring of John Elway, and players turning general managers is nothing new. The thing is, Elway had experience as a co-owner in the Arena League. Guys like Reggie McKenzie & Ozzie Newsome worked in front offices for several years before becoming GMs themselves. This feels a lot more like Detroit hiring Matt Millen...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Im failing to see the big deal here. It's not like they hired Jeff Fischer or something.

Lynch will have his training wheels on for three years, learning. While shanahan turns this team around, Lynch will get all the credit.

I hate the niners, but this is a good move.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Bruiser wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:15 pm :lol: Coogan just casually dropped his post count as a qualification for an NFL front office job. ROFLMFAO
:lol: It does seem like a ridiculous hire though. Maybe it's really a reality tv in disguise. "Give a former player/tv analyst a first time job as a GM and see what happens..." The big reveal will be at the end of the season saying it was a big goof like Joaquin Phoenix's rap career.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:33 pm

49ers fan and had to look it up before accepting it was true also. I loved him as a player, but GM?? That being said, nobody left would make me happy and if they're going to suck still I'd rather take a shot on a guy I like.
Shanahan seems like he'd have a lot of say in everything and maybe they are those two guys that on their own would struggle, but together make one of those great tandems. If not, at this point does it change anything? Not really. The previous team awarded a doucher the character award for being a doucher. I like a lot of players left but I'd be happier to lose games with people I like than rooting for them to lose.
So basically I have to continue the streak of not putting 49ers on my roster, aside from trying to keep Smelter hope alive.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 am

Chip kelly would have been the worst hire ever yeah john lynch has no experience as gm but the guy deserves a chance
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:57 am

Unicorn92 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 am Chip kelly would have been the worst hire ever yeah john lynch has no experience as gm but the guy deserves a chance
I'm assuming what you meant is something like "let's see this play out before we cast judgement on him." To that, I completely agree. He is the appointed official, so let's let him roll with it and see what he can do, despite lack of experience for the job.
To imply that he deserves the chance equates to me saying I deserve the chance to pilot the next NASA mission. Those that do have usually never flown a rocket before, so why not me? The thing is, I've never flown anything. I've never taken a single pilot lesson. Those that get the chance have been around the piloting business for a long time and have proven they are familiar with all the variables and working parts.
Maybe he's fully qualified to do what they want. Maybe all they want is a good judge of character and talent to help make decisions, and will have him delegate everything else out. He's not experienced with cap management, contract negotiating, or personelle management in general, is he? I suppose that can all somewhat be a team effort.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Ahhh guys u forgot about the Clowns....i mean browns....absolutely the worst run franchise and I'm a fan

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 am

Bruiser wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:47 am I would nominate the Bears for worst ownership. They are the least successful big-market team in sports (now that the Cubs have finally won).
many interesting posts in this thread but isn't this one the most accurate ?

your football family feels for your today bruiser ! :(
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 am

Congrats 9ers fans. Looks like you got a guy that gets it. Lynch killed his first 1st round. Played it masterfully got 2 top 10 players for D and still came out ahead in picks
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:58 am

maxhyde wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 am Congrats 9ers fans. Looks like you got a guy that gets it. Lynch killed his first 1st round. Played it masterfully got 2 top 10 players for D and still came out ahead in picks
Lynch credited Paraag Marathe with the Bears trade.

I think the big thing is that he knows what he doesn't know and is willing to collaborate with the rest of the front office unlike Baalke who was paranoid and was focused on hoarding more power.

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:49 pm

onetwothree wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:58 am
maxhyde wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 am Congrats 9ers fans. Looks like you got a guy that gets it. Lynch killed his first 1st round. Played it masterfully got 2 top 10 players for D and still came out ahead in picks
Lynch credited Paraag Marathe with the Bears trade.

I think the big thing is that he knows what he doesn't know and is willing to collaborate with the rest of the front office unlike Baalke who was paranoid and was focused on hoarding more power.
Passing the credit is great too, given that he likely needed to give final approval and could have taken credit. A good leadership trait.