Bradford

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bradford

Postby pierson242 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:53 am

Valhalla I'll give you credit, this is a very well written thread. As I clicked on it I had my thoughts on Bradford and how he's a good QB who with a good team around him could be a playoff winning QB. He's smart accurate doesn't make mistakes manages the clock well isn't flashy but wins games. After reading your points my opinions shifted to maybe liking him more. He's never going to be an elite QB but with a healthy Tread Diggs plus Theilen and Rudy and a fresh backfield and monster D, and assuming the line is anything at all better than last year I think he's in for a very good season and has a chance to bring the Vikings to the playoffs. He manages the game well, has pretty good football IQ and gets the job done. He won't blow anyone away in fantasy but in real life I agree. He is a good NFL QB
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Minnesota homer here, and Bradford is a better QB than Teddy even before the injury, in my opinion. But there are plenty of local fans who still think Bridgewater is the superior player.

I don't really get it. I mean, Teddy is younger and therefore has the perception of higher upside, but I just don't agree.

The argument is that Bradford is 30 and at that age is what he is. Again, I don't agree. QB in the NFL isn't like other positions where players peak. QB is so cerebral and dependent on outside factors that it's possible to put it all together at Bradford's age.

Bradford played in St. Louis where Jeff Fisher (now unemployed) was his coach and he had the likes of Greg Salas, Brian Quick and Austin Pettis as weapons. Injuries were the main issue. Then he went to Philadelphia to play for Chip (now unemployed) and his offense which Bradford was a terrible fit for anyway. Not to mention Chip got rid of a bunch their good players prior to the season.

I'm not saying Bradford is elite. He's not. But give him protection, weapons and a good scheme that he plays well in, and he is at least in that Flacco/Tannehill/Alex Smith tier of guys, probably better.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Factory of Sadness wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:05 am Bradford is a fascinating player I think. There's no position like QB where it is so hard to separate talent from scheme, play-calling and surrounding cast. He did a pretty extraordinary job for the Vikings this year. He is a former number one pick, hasn't shown himself to be mentally frail or regressed as a passer in any way- he's just played on shitty offenses. If Bradford was throwing to Julio in a Kyle Shanahan lead O, how much worse than Ryan would he be? If Ryan played for Jeff Fisher, how good would he look?

The lingering worry is YPA and the fact that he hasn't historically thrown TDs. Before Diggs got nicked up and the O-line utterly collapsed though, he was looking dangerous with the deep ball. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that he is very, very good if ever the Vikes surround him with talent.

He's brave, incredibly accurate and smart. Bellichick could win Superbowls with him. Shanahan or Payton could get 5000 yards out of him. It's the wonderful chicken and egg of QB of course. Is Dak better than Goff? Personally I doubt it. Goff showed a hell of a lot more in College. Rams O-line vs Cowboys O-line? Britt and nothing versus Dez and Beasley? High school level scheme vs intelligently constructed O...

Even in the Steelers/Pats game, as great as Brady is - and I'd never dream of comparing Bradford to Brady- how many tight windows did he have to hit? Two? Most plays had two or three guys wide open because Bellichick/McDaniels designed a brilliant game-plan and Tomlin was undressed on the big stage. Ryan played great, stood in there and made a couple of terrific throws under pressure, but again, scheme and talent gave him a lot of wide-open looks. Bradford has never been given anything to help. A 49er with Shanahan in a year's time, or the replacement for Brees or Brady in two and he'd look incredible.

I'm sure this sounds laughable to many, but I think he has the potential to be a top 5 or 6 QB talent- in a world without Brees, Brady, Rivers etc. Whether we ever see it come to fruition will depend on where he goes next.
I just re-read this post while skimming back through this thread and found myself nodding along in agreement with your general views. Pretty much the same "unpopular" views on multiple players

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:45 am

Anyone's opinion open to changing on Bradford? Any eyes opened after watching him on the big stage? I know, just one game, except it hasn't been just one game. That's the QB many of us saw all of last year, only operating behind a line that was worse than moldy Swiss cheese. His numbers have always made him look like purely a check-down artist, but he's ALWAYS been in a system of necessary nonstop quick passes due to the OL play he has dealt with. This OL and supporting cast (if they stay healthy) is pretty easily the best he's ever had, and it's still a bad OL. It's just not absolute bottom of the league bad...so far...

So who was a Bradford hater based on his career numbers and is maybe reconsidering him/his career path after watching Monday night?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 am

There was another great Bradford discussion this offseason, but it got locked...heated topic

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:58 am

Bradford made some impressive throws last night. I always felt he was better than his numbers showed, he had a pretty good rookie season before his teams went haywire.

When Minny traded for him I thought they were making a huge mistake. Maybe they knew what they were doing all along? If the offense continues to play like it did yesterday, they could be a force to reckon with.

I know it was against the Saints D, who have been horrible, but you look for teams to do well against horrible defenses.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:02 pm

I may be completely off in the total number, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the stat line I saw at one point during the game is Bradford was 9 for 9 on passes of 20 yards or more.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Watched him for years in StL- always seemed to give you hope at the start of the season, then fade, a lot probably had to do with team in general. still, don't want him as my #1 QB, but as a #2 or 3 would feel good
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Never Veto wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:02 pm I may be completely off in the total number, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the stat line I saw at one point during the game is Bradford was 9 for 9 on passes of 20 yards or more.
Just did a quick search because I didn't believe it either. All I could find was "Bradford completed eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, tying a career high."

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:13 pm
Never Veto wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:02 pm I may be completely off in the total number, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the stat line I saw at one point during the game is Bradford was 9 for 9 on passes of 20 yards or more.
Just did a quick search because I didn't believe it either. All I could find was "Bradford completed eight passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, tying a career high."
Okay thanks for looking that up. I think the improved O-Line is going to help tremendously if they can stay healthy, along with that Cook looks like the real deal, and Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph are all great options. Just need Treadwell to start making some noise. I won't get my hopes up and think they are an offensive juggernaut, but if they can put up some point like last night, they have the D to be very good.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:27 pm

It's possible that now that he finally has a good offense around him he can excel and I did find myself second guessing my previous opinions of him. However, 2 things keep popping up. 1. It was against the Saints Defense. Lets see him do it against a better opponent before coming to conclusions. 2., and it's a big 2, he still remains a huge injury risk to me. A big reason for that is something people praise him for (at least that idiot i hate on TV did), that he is willing to step up to make the big throw in the face of a huge hit. That being said, even as a Teddy believer, I think it's clear that Bradford gives them a better chance to win games immediately. And their window for titles is right now.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm

We got to see what Sammy & the Vikings are capable of when there is a clean pocket. The good news for us fantasy players is that this coming Sunday we will get to see what the Vikings do on the road against the Steelers. There shouldn't be much left to guess or wonder about after week 2. Either the OL gives Bradford some time to execute, or they crumple and we have 200 yards of check-down passing.

I'm hoping the OL holds up reasonably well and we see something like 300 yards, 2 TDs and maybe a pick.
Why?
Because the Vikings challenging Green Bay would make the NFC Central a very entertaining divsion to watch this year.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Been watching Bradford since his OU days as I am a big Boomer Sooner fan. Ever since then it has been the same, he will look great in easy games and be good to great more often than not in those middle of the road games/competitive games at home. So he is average to slightly above average, which is nothing to hang your head about. It is just watching him time and time again disappear during crunch time and choke during some crucial games that I know better than to say, this is it. He is what he is at this point, but in the end it will revert back to the norm, just like year in and out the Vikes do. Fool me once......
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Goff and Bradford were on waivers and I'm making a claim for Bradford Vahalla. It's on you if he stinks it up lol.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:24 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 pm Goff and Bradford were on waivers and I'm making a claim for Bradford Vahalla. It's on you if he stinks it up lol.
I believe that's the right call. Goff now has the system advantage but I'd rather bet on the talent, which I believe is bradford