Sell Your Chargers Now!?!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Sell Your Chargers Now!?!

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Sell your L.A. Chargers players.

We saw what happened to the L.A. Rams the year after they moved - name one player on the Rams that has more value today than they did a year ago ... even Kenny Britts stock hasnt climbed that much (cant even crack top 100) and he might not even stick with the Rams. :wink:

And now the Chargers are moving to L.A. to play 3 years in a small stadium that will likely be filled by the fans of their opponents (as Chargers fans are leaving the organization by the boatload) with a new coach / scheme / etc. Then they get to play 2nd fiddle to the Rams. They get to be the Clippers to the Lakers, the Jets to the Giants, the White Sox to the Cubs, heck the Angels to the Dodgers.

For those owners that tend to follow a buy low sell high philosophy I think that this off-season is a good time to sell your Chargers because their value is likely only going to go down the longer 2017 progresses. It is going to be a mess. Probably better to Get out sooner than later.
Last edited by ArrylT on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Sell Your Chargers Now!?!

Postby Madadamus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:42 pm

I don't really buy it. The Rams were a pretty bad offense in 2015. The Chargers are a bad team but they've always produced offensively. I understand there is a new coaching staff, but I don't really think a change of scenery will have that much effect on the players.

Personally, I think Melvin Gordon is a sell. They didn't have much behind him after Woodhead went down and he wasn't the most effective runner. His numbers were volume related, and I expect they bring in another RB to take some of the load off of him.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm

I honestly cannot recall a team that had a successful first season after relocating. That alone is a red flag for success - and yes while teams can be bad and still have fantasy value - toss in the fact that it is to a city that is fickle (and has plenty of other sporting opportunities), the organization itself is not one of the best & this is going to be a distraction for the players & team for a while ... I'll gladly be willing to be proven wrong, but I am predicting that the value of the majority of Chargers players will be less a year from now (including any rookies drafted). Production = value, and odds are it will not be a pretty season for the Chargers.

Don't forget Rivers already has previously been unhappy with the prospect of moving. Maybe it is just smoke or maybe Rivers will retire sooner rather than later ...

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 pm

After seeing this thread I just sold Melvin Gordon for the 2017 3.08....This class is gonna be GOOD!!!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 pm After seeing this thread I just sold Melvin Gordon for the 2017 3.08....This class is gonna be GOOD!!!
Probably a smart move...I mean why would they draft offensive line help to improve their team when they can just draft another high RB to run behind a bad line?

This thread is stupid!
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Paying $650m to move to LA is stupid. There's a bunch of cities / regions who would have dropped their skirts for an NFL franchise (San Antonio, Oklahoma, etc.).

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:47 am

Coogan Football wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 pm After seeing this thread I just sold Melvin Gordon for the 2017 3.08....This class is gonna be GOOD!!!
You're joking?
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:59 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm I honestly cannot recall a team that had a successful first season after relocating. That alone is a red flag for success - and yes while teams can be bad and still have fantasy value - toss in the fact that it is to a city that is fickle (and has plenty of other sporting opportunities), the organization itself is not one of the best & this is going to be a distraction for the players & team for a while ... I'll gladly be willing to be proven wrong, but I am predicting that the value of the majority of Chargers players will be less a year from now (including any rookies drafted). Production = value, and odds are it will not be a pretty season for the Chargers.

Don't forget Rivers already has previously been unhappy with the prospect of moving. Maybe it is just smoke or maybe Rivers will retire sooner rather than later ...
Good teams don't typically relocate in the NFL because they generally have fan support.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:19 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:21 pm Paying $650m to move to LA is stupid. There's a bunch of cities / regions who would have dropped their skirts for an NFL franchise (San Antonio, Oklahoma, etc.).
I think there's a fee for any team to move to any city, so those other skirt dropping cities would've made the franchise incur the same fee.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:22 am

I concur ^^ the fee goes to the league it is not like the "new city" is charging a toll booth fee to come to town .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:35 am

The Chargers have a hell of a lot more talent than the Rams do. I wouldn't understand selling a player because his team relocated.

that one guy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby that one guy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:46 am

Totally using the move in all my trade offer comments:

"Have you seen their airport? Gross! LAX is just short for laxative. 3.09 for M Gordon?"

"You know Kanye is in LA, too? 2.12 and M Sanu for K Allen?"

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:51 am

I am not saying to sell for pennies on the dollar or that the Chargers do not have any talent - when it is obvious they do - however I think a strong argument could be made that the talent level on the Chargers is closer to the Rams than it is to say the Colts / Patriots / Packers. This may improve their bottom line but will it really help them to attract good FA, and will all the distractions really not have an effect?

We can say the Rams sucked in 2016 because it was the Rams/Fisher/etc, but why did every previous year the Rams go 8-8/7-9 with similar talent (if less). Its not like the rest of the NFL suddenly got that much better - teams improved (Falcons) while others treaded water (Saints) & others stunk (49ers).

And like ericanadian said - good teams do not tend to have to relocate. The Chargers organization is troubled, and now is going to relocate to a less than friendly enviornment & then move in a couple of years to another stadium. I seriously believe this will have a lasting negative impact on the franchise and that will have a lasting negative impact on the short, and perhaps mid-length outlook of the fantasy values of Chargers players.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:32 am

Very silly thought process to be honest.

:whistle:

The Chargers are more talented overall than the Rams are, or am I way off on my talent analysis? You site things that are not necessarily connected. The record of the Rams prior to moving vs after they moved was influenced by so many more influential variables than just the move itself it should go without saying.

Sell your Chargers because they are moving...... This may be the single worst bit of dynasty football team management advice I have ever read on this site. It is simple minded and basically without any merit what so ever. I mean, I'm not even understanding the reasoning behind the original post. I find it strange that it was even conceived in someones head.

But, because I'm gullible and I by into things like this on a whim, I just dropped Melvin Gordon flat out in two of my leagues - cuz he sucks and is volume dependent. Dropped P.Rivers cuz well in one league, as, he is old anyway, and he isn't going to like the move and, well, he is playing second fiddle to J.Goff in LA. Oh, and sold K.Allen for a 2.09.

Thanks for the am entertainment. :clap:

:crazy:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:36 am

They're moving 2 hours up the 5 freeway. Not like they're uprooting their lives and moving across state lines.