Sell Your Chargers Now!?!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Sell Your Chargers Now!?!

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm

lol run along little fever go save a polar bear from drowning or plant some trees you have nothing to add that I need to hear.I am done listening to your arrogant delusional blather .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 pm

I thought he meant "S" bomb as in referring to the team as San Diego Chargers instead of Los Angeles Chargers...

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:53 am

Are you kidding? Just a Bit of a snarky response there. Comical how you post in response to "My arrogant delusional blather".... Wowsers. Sounds to me like the pot calling the kettle black... What a thing to say. Frankly quite surprised our moderators let that garbage fly on this forum. Typical for you however.

From the uninformed and completely incorrect jibberish you tried to spread on the topic of global warming, to this direct personal insult to my response to more of your meaningless jibberish.... wow. Sensitive aren't we... You are an individual I simply would not bother with outside of these forums. I frankly feel you bring down the quality of forum contributions too frequently. You seem to live on these forums by quite the double standard.

I have little time for people that behave, think, and communicate as you so often choose to, and your snarky, disillusioned, misinformed, and over-opinionated approach.

In closing, your childlike response to me is very teenager like. You were put in your place as your comment meant so very little, it deserved to be responded to. You (in your uncalled for rude response above), reacted like I'd expect a spoiled bratty kid would react to something that they were embarrassed by. I'll leave you with that. Take from it what you can forum superstar.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:40 pm

If swearing is cool, then you can consider me Miles Davis.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Hey Coogs, My wife swears like a trucker! I find it amusing at times. She cracks me up!

anyway...

In the attempt at getting back on track and toward the football comment, you know, the comment on the press conference, you are certainly welcome to your opinion CC. WE all are. But, c'mon.... it is simply a stretch to think that because a coach swears in a conference it is a reflection of an entire franchise. Don'tcha think? I call em as I see em and that my friend was a stretch.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:34 pm

It's disappointing to see personal attacks on this site. If there's a statistical case for franchise moves impacting fantasy stats, I'm all ears, bring on the stats. I think the stats posted so far show this isn't the case.

Besides that point, there's the various obvious implication that the Chargers have a lot of young players that we fantasy players talk about (Melvin Gordon, Tyrell Williams, Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, Joey Bosa) who are all playing on their rookie contracts. These guys want to get paid. I don't think the city or venue really affects that monetary motivational drive.

I would be much more interested in hearing opinions about how the hiring of Lynn could affect fantasy outcomes. That's a clear change we know can make a difference. Along those lines, as a Henry and Tyrell owner, I'm pleased to see Wisenhunt is staying on as the OC. One other tidbit: in my opinion, I'd like to see the Chargers draft a QB this year, just in case Rivers loses interest in playing in LA.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:36 pm

I call it a further omen of doom for those in bolt nation . If a mess like buffalo passes on an in house guy then the chargers should have run as fast as possible after fulfilling the rooney rule.
In a sort of related note I read somewhere the jags satisfied the rooney rule by interviewing coughlin cause he is an oldster , than I find that ironically funny as S**T as anthony lynn might have said.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:06 pm

rschroeder1 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:34 pm If there's a statistical case for franchise moves impacting fantasy stats, I'm all ears, bring on the stats. I think the stats posted so far show this isn't the case.

Besides that point, there's the various obvious implication that the Chargers have a lot of young players that we fantasy players talk about (Melvin Gordon, Tyrell Williams, Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, Joey Bosa) who are all playing on their rookie contracts. These guys want to get paid. I don't think the city or venue really affects that monetary motivational drive.

I would be much more interested in hearing opinions about how the hiring of Lynn could affect fantasy outcomes. That's a clear change we know can make a difference. Along those lines, as a Henry and Tyrell owner, I'm pleased to see Wisenhunt is staying on as the OC. One other tidbit: in my opinion, I'd like to see the Chargers draft a QB this year, just in case Rivers loses interest in playing in LA.
Technically the statistics posted have only shown that many players whose teams have relocated have still been able to produce good fantasy seasons. That in turn would indeed imply that those players dynasty values did not decline. However there have been no recent studies that show this to be true. No one has posted information showing that Player Xs ADP or price tag in a trade increased. ;)

But of course most of these moves occured 20 or more years ago, and in a different era, not only in the NFL but in communication.

And the only team to recently relocate had pretty much all its players see a decline in dynasty value. Many of whom are also young and on rookie contracts and looking to make it big. Alas it can be readily argued that this is a case of the Rams having had poor coaching / offensive scheme / etc more so than the move & all that was impacted

Personally, I believe that there are always a variety of factors that impact how a team does. And one of the most important factors tends to be continuity - in an organization and in its coaching & philosophy - as evidenced by the success of the Steelers / Patriots / Packers and so forth.

So I feel that the move from St. Louis had a role to play in how the Rams performed. Maybe most people feel otherwise, and unfortunately there is not really any way to prove empirically, other than regular season stats which seems to suggest that many teams players did not have much of a way in a decline. Although on a team success perspective none of the teams that moved had what could be considered a successful season.

In the end I've already shared my thoughts on why I feel most Chargers could end up a year from now having less dynasty value, but nonetheless you make an excellent point and I would certainly not disagree that the odds are more likely than I originally anticipated on them having good productive seasons.

I still remain unconvinced. Maybe I have no statistical evidence to back it up, but I think there remains plenty of reason to be concerned and plenty of red flags that suggest to me, if no one else, that the move to LA will not be a successful one, at first. Sort of like lots of little reports over the off-season give us indications that Player X or Y is set to have a breakout year, or could have a rough year. Many of them on their own dont amount for much, but the volume and drumbeat can be looked back upon to see in hindsight ...

Whether I am wrong or not, I will find out in a year. I certainly would have no issue with that, as I own plenty of shares of Chargers players and would rather have them be successful than not. But if an owner in one of my leagues and offers up a fair price for one of them, (lets say M. Gordon for 1.04 as an example) where as before I might have sided for either rejecting or asking for more, now I would lean towards accepting.

Anyways thanks for your contributions. :)

And yes I agree, the Chargers drafting another QB just in case would be a good idea imo too. :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:31 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:06 pm Technically the statistics posted have only shown that many players whose teams have relocated have still been able to produce good fantasy seasons. That in turn would indeed imply that those players dynasty values did not decline. However there have been no recent studies that show this to be true. No one has posted information showing that Player Xs ADP or price tag in a trade increased. ;)
This is a very fair point; figuring out dynasty value would be tough. I guess I would hope that the "we moved" factor is starting to disappear after year 1, i.e. the team is settling in. With the Chargers, you could make a fair case (this is purely my opinion) that the permanence of their home in LA is not strong.

Your post brings up a good clarification that needs to be made to my original post: the stats don't show a correlation with fantasy performance the next year due to team move, but the stats also don't disprove that there is a correlation or factor at play. Unknown unknowns, as Mr. Rumsfeld would say.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm of the opinion of valuing the players according to the same variables that I am all the other franchises. New coach being one of the bigger ones. The only extra variable I can think of is the sliver of possibility Rivers isn't on board. I think that's small though, but that's the only thing I can think of factoring in. I'm not buying the rest...unless we think that playing in tiny little StubHub Center will hurt their confidence ;)

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:42 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:30 pm The only extra variable I can think of is the sliver of possibility Rivers isn't on board. I think that's small though, but that's the only thing I can think of factoring in.
That's where I am at too. I do remember a while back him being against a move, and I know he came out in a press conference accepting the move, I still feel there might be something there. It may be very minimal, a ploy to get more money for his enormous family ( :P ), or there may be something to it.. Either way a coaching change or player change due to the move would be what I would be concerned about when a franchise relocates.. I think at the end of the day the SDC are going to be fine being the LAC, fantasy implications included.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 pm

:mrgreen:

Just appearing to issue an I was obviously wrong with my take and looking to eat some crow (preferably with some nice garnish please).

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:49 pm

The only sell was Tyrell, I guess.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:51 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:49 pm The only sell was Tyrell, I guess.
Yep and that is more a return of Keenan Allen and perhaps future of Mike Williams thing ...

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm

I'd move from Gordon if I could a good deal also, his inefficiency on early downs will only eventually lead to another back .. Of course a guy like Forte was terribly inefficient on early downs too and was very good fantasy back .. But I would want to pivot from him as soon as I can ...
@PlankMelody