Saquan Barkley

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Saquan Barkley

Postby steelman » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:15 am

It is way too early to key in on any individual player for 2018, unless you're in a devy league. Too much can change. Remember when Marqis Lee was a stud but stayed in college one more year and completely fell off? If you're trading for 2018 picks, you should really be doing so because you like the draft as a whole, or like the top X number of players, not because you are targeting a specific player.

Just my opinion

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:31 am

Barkley looked like a stud as a freshman and backed it up this year. I might prefer him over Fournette if I didn't have to wait an extra year.
He is gone in all my devy leagues except the ones we select draft eligible devy's only
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:15 am

Nick Chubb says hello.

Predicting a rookie who is still playing college ball for at last another year is a very dangerous game.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Phaded wrote:Nick Chubb says hello.

Predicting a rookie who is still playing college ball for at last another year is a very dangerous game.
Yup. Like any game of risk. Still we all take them every year with every player acquisition. Injury isn't something you can predict accurately. Also Chubb's value was affected but Gurley's was not. Some guys are that good

I think the gambling component is part of the fun
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

DonJulio
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DonJulio » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Bruiser wrote:
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Bruiser wrote:I love Barkley.... Roto forum would delete this thread. They are total censors over there.
Because he's still a student?
In my experience at Roto, they are absolute Nazis about censorship over there. If you say something that agrees with or contradicts their paid content they will delete it and give a bot-reply when pressed for a reason. Weird. Wild. Stuff. Not kidding.
When you say Roto forum, are you referring to World or Viz?

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Phaded wrote:Nick Chubb says hello.

This is very true but Chubb and Gurley for that matter haven't put as much run on film as Barkley who as a true Freshman and Sophomore has dominated without the benefits of a fully scholarship complimented team. His o-line has been inferior compared to guys like Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Chubb, Elliott, etc... Injuries can obviously change everything but aside from maybe Elliott, I'd say Saquan is the best college rb prospect I've seen in the last 5 years.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:52 pm

People were saying Chubb was better than Zeke.

I'm just saying - predicting it at this point is a very dangerous idea.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Phaded wrote:People were saying Chubb was better than Zeke.

No more dangerous than any other player transaction if you are realistically assessing the players talent/potential.I am with you the risk is higher with any player not entering the NFL but it is an advantage to constantly assess how guys might stack up against each other. I mean how would you know whether to trade KeenanAllen for Michael Thomas or not if you weren't doing that? Or not to trade Cooks for Cooper? or vice-versa? I mean I get college and the pros aren't exactly a level playing field but people play devy because it is fun to try.

For example, this year a question I imagine will come up a few times before the draft, is it worth it to trade Gurley for Fournette? I probably wouldn't but I wouldn't fault someone for thinking they are pretty close and there is a chance Fournette is in a better situation than the Rams.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:19 am

Shcritters wrote:FYI, I am being a little facetious... but Barkley looks like a future stud.
Ahh sorry, my bad lol

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:50 am

maxhyde wrote:
Phaded wrote:People were saying Chubb was better than Zeke.

No more dangerous than any other player transaction if you are realistically assessing the players talent/potential.I am with you the risk is higher with any player not entering the NFL but it is an advantage to constantly assess how guys might stack up against each other. I mean how would you know whether to trade KeenanAllen for Michael Thomas or not if you weren't doing that? Or not to trade Cooks for Cooper? or vice-versa? I mean I get college and the pros aren't exactly a level playing field but people play devy because it is fun to try.

For example, this year a question I imagine will come up a few times before the draft, is it worth it to trade Gurley for Fournette? I probably wouldn't but I wouldn't fault someone for thinking they are pretty close and there is a chance Fournette is in a better situation than the Rams.
Fournette is only 1 year younger than Gurley, and if he lands in a semi-favorable landing spot, I would gladly trade Gurley for him. Both are top talents, and if I can get the same talent in a better situation I'd do that all day, every day. It's not like we're discussing Matt Jones pre-2016 (favorable position/not equal talent).
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:56 am

Barkley no doubt looks outstanding. I think anyone who gets him, Fournette, or Cook are feeling incredibly good about themselves. At this point, not knowing landing spots, it is incredibly difficult to decide between them, but would be happy with any. Hopefully Chubb can come back to form and jump back into the discussion and balance the top end in 2018 just like we have this year.