Interesting new league idea

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Interesting new league idea

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Cult of Dionysus' recent thread inspired me to get the ball rolling on a long-time idea that I've had of a league with owners and coaches. It's still in it's infancy, but I've laid out some basic ground rules that I'd love input on.

If you like the idea and you're interested, PM me, and let's keep the comments to league suggestions and ideas.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TdB ... sp=sharing

EDIT: to those who have messaged me, when I have a larger interest, I'll send a group message. I'm at four owners including me, right now.
Last edited by JoshGordonsDealer on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Interesting new league idea

Postby moishetreats » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:17 pm

If an owner fires a coach, is the coach out of the league? How does the owner find a new coach?

Super cool concept.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:22 pm

moishetreats wrote:If an owner fires a coach, is the coach out of the league? How does the owner find a new coach?

Super cool concept.
I imagine the coach can still be "hired" by someone else. It would be cool to set up a sort of lobby for potential coaches, to have some on reserve. I'd be perfectly fine with unemployed coaches talking to owners.

I also would have rules in place for coaches to hire assistants to handle certain responsibilities (if they so choose).

If there are a lot of coaches interested, there could be two per team, as mentioned earlier.

--

I'd be ok with coordinators or coaches and assistants being friends, but I'd prefer owners and coaches not be friends. I'd like it to be an environment in which losing a job is possible.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:54 pm

I would be extremely interested in this as an owner if it isn't IDP, auction, or salary based. I understand if that eliminates me, but not ready to dip into those facets of fantasy.

amazehayes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby amazehayes » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:33 pm

This is a really cool idea.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:09 pm

pokerface40 wrote:I would be extremely interested in this as an owner if it isn't IDP, auction, or salary based. I understand if that eliminates me, but not ready to dip into those facets of fantasy.
Generally, I'm leaning IDP.

That said, part of the beauty of this is that you'd be matched with a coach before the draft. As an owner, if you're not confident about your IDP skills, you can "hire" a "defensive minded" coach and basically allow him to advise you on all IDP related decisions.

I understand if you're still out, but it's a cool thought!

amazehayes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby amazehayes » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:42 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:
pokerface40 wrote:I would be extremely interested in this as an owner if it isn't IDP, auction, or salary based. I understand if that eliminates me, but not ready to dip into those facets of fantasy.
Generally, I'm leaning IDP.

That said, part of the beauty of this is that you'd be matched with a coach before the draft. As an owner, if you're not confident about your IDP skills, you can "hire" a "defensive minded" coach and basically allow him to advise you on all IDP related decisions.

I understand if you're still out, but it's a cool thought!
Would there be a way we could do maybe offensive and defensive coordinators?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Cool. I PMd you.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:06 pm

amazehayes wrote:
Would there be a way we could do maybe offensive and defensive coordinators?
Basically, yes! I'm updating the document as I respond, I'd encourage you to check it out again. Perhaps I posted this thread prematurely!

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:42 pm

To make this work best, you want to make it as dynamic as possible so that there arw clear roles and multiple elemtns tbat can be assigned. Salary cap, idp, etc. Also have three start up drafts/auctions for rookies, vets and idp. That way multiple managers can put their print on their team. For example, the defensive coordinator could be responsible for drafting and playing idps. While the GM handles the overall salaries and contracts of idps and offensive players.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:To make this work best, you want to make it as dynamic as possible so that there arw clear roles and multiple elemtns tbat can be assigned. Salary cap, idp, etc. Also have three start up drafts/auctions for rookies, vets and idp. That way multiple managers can put their print on their team. For example, the defensive coordinator could be responsible for drafting and playing idps. While the GM handles the overall salaries and contracts of idps and offensive players.
I've really been thinking about salary, but I think I'd be out of my element commish-ing and setting up the league.

I agree with you, though.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:22 pm

While I'm not able to take on any more leagues, I would be open to help with the bylaws and set up the site on mlf. You can follow the link in my Sig to see what the league would look like, with a different set of banners.

I've got a set of bylaws for a salary cap keeper league that would be a good basis for this concept. Would need to add idp and some co-managing provisions....but that's pretty easy.

Can send it to you late tomorrow for your review.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:While I'm not able to take on any more leagues, I would be open to help with the bylaws and set up the site on mlf. You can follow the link in my Sig to see what the league would look like, with a different set of banners.

I've got a set of bylaws for a salary cap keeper league that would be a good basis for this concept. Would need to add idp and some co-managing provisions....but that's pretty easy.

Can send it to you late tomorrow for your review.
Thanks so much!! That would be immensely helpful.

I'll PM you my email address, as I imagine I'll need to change a lot of numbers as well.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm interested as well.

As far as the whole thing with pairing owners and coaches I say we could make it public on here and let the owners "draft" their coaching staff and we use our forum handles that way the owners will know who they would have to choose from.

Super cool concept to be apart of without having to take on the entire role of running the whole team and whatnot.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Coogan Football wrote:I'm interested as well.

As far as the whole thing with pairing owners and coaches I say we could make it public on here and let the owners "draft" their coaching staff and we use our forum handles that way the owners will know who they would have to choose from.

Super cool concept to be apart of without having to take on the entire role of running the whole team and whatnot.
This is another concept I'd considered, with the drafting.

My one concern is that it would simply lead to co-owning. By "hiring" coaches, i hope to create inherently different roles.

The owner needs the coach to be active to win money.

The coach needs to win if he wants to keep his "job"