Interesting new league idea

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Interesting new league idea

Postby thebeast » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 pm

It's a very interesting concept. I think it will be challenging with the low stakes. I think a real high stakes league setup this way with a significant prize pool would do well. I'm talking $10,000+ to the winners. I'd be interested to track the leagues progress though.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 pm

I set up the MFL page for this potential new league and I've sent PMs asking for email addresses for those that want to be actual franchise owners, not just coaches/coordinators.

If you would like to actually own a franchise and I haven't messaged you then list your email address and I'll send you an invite.

*This is for franchise owners only right now, coaches/coordinators will be later*
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 pm

I thought JGD is setting up the league?

Seems like there's multiple chefs stirring the pot on this one. It's January folks. Focus on getting a GREAT set of Bylaws done. Focus on getting an EXPERIENCED commissioner to agree to take this thing on.

Don't worry about sign-ups or league site. That's putting the cart before horse. Or, for the current generation, the LIKE before the picture or tweet.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 pm I thought JGD is setting up the league?

Seems like there's multiple chefs stirring the pot on this one. It's January folks. Focus on getting a GREAT set of Bylaws done. Focus on getting an EXPERIENCED commissioner to agree to take this thing on.

Don't worry about sign-ups or league site. That's putting the cart before horse. Or, for the current generation, the LIKE before the picture or tweet.
JGD and I are doing it together. He's got the rules/bylaws stuff and I'm just adding everything into the league site.

The reason I set up the league site up now is to see who is actually serious about doing this and gauging how many owners we are gonna have. By getting the initial franchise owners in place early in the process it will also allow us to possibly vote on the league settings and everything that comes with it.

It's not like we are aiming to do the startup next week...

PS, it doesn't take 4 months to put together bylaws when you can pick and choose from stuff you find on here.

Edit: I'm sure going with a neutral common would be ideal, I personally just haven't heard of anybody interested as of yet.
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

steelereign
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby steelereign » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:05 am

Want to throw my hat into the ring to be an owner. I've got a small group of guys that are ready to become my coaches if you add me to your list. I've been playing fantasy football since 1990 and started a Dynasty League in 1994 that is still going strong.

If you have any further questions for me, or would like any additional info, just hit me up.

Thanks,
Dan
12 Team, Non-PPR with 21m Salary Cap, 30-man Roster Limit, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1K/1DEF
Hagerstown Hellcats
QB: Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Todd Gurley, J. Charles, CJ Anderson, Carlos Hyde, James White
WR: Amari Cooper, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, Philip Dorsett, Chris Conley, Tyreek Hill, Martavis Bryant, Willie Snead, Josh Doctson
TE: Jordan Reed, AJ Derby, Antonio Gates, Hunter Henry, Jesse James
K: Novak
DEF/ST: Steelers

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:51 am

This is a very interesting idea, but i think the buyin needs to be larger, as many have said before. At 100 buyin with 16 owners, the prize pool is 1600. Most of my leagues the winner only gets like 25-40% of the prize pool, so lets just say the champion gets 50% or 800. If you divide that by 3 (Owner/OC/DC) into a split of 400/200/200, the owner can only really make money if they come first, and even then it's not that much. If second gets 25% or 400 then the split would be 200/100/100? hardly seems worth it to be an owner if coming second you only get 100 extra, but that's just me. The risk vs reward seems small as an owner, and the amount of work you have to put in as a OC/DC doesn't seem worth it either.

I am by no means trying to knock on the league, it is a really cool idea, I was just wondering if someone had thought of this yet? I know many posters have said that the buyin should be larger, just haven't seen many responses to it so far.

akbfrosty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby akbfrosty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:35 am

thebeast wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 pm It's a very interesting concept. I think it will be challenging with the low stakes. I think a real high stakes league setup this way with a significant prize pool would do well. I'm talking $10,000+ to the winners. I'd be interested to track the leagues progress though.
I'll agree with this. The idea is certainly fun, but the whole "owner" aspect is being ignored. Having owners who are already ingrained in dynasty seems to eliminate positions. I think the GM/HC/OC/DC's would come from the dynasty world, but I think you could pitch this as an idea to high-rollers as a chance to run something of an organization.

"Can't afford an NFL team? Try owning a fantasy team in a high-stakes franchise league! Hire the right GM and coaches, and watch your franchise march to fantasy glory!"

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:38 am

I don't really get the angle of "if there's less money people don't care". Everyone involved here is the sort of person that reads dynasty forums in January. We're all pretty obsessive. I know I don't put in less effort to cheaper leagues. I want to do well everywhere.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 am

TomK27 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:38 am I don't really get the angle of "if there's less money people don't care". Everyone involved here is the sort of person that reads dynasty forums in January. We're all pretty obsessive. I know I don't put in less effort to cheaper leagues. I want to do well everywhere.
Pretty much.

I'm certainly not in a place financially to drop 1k on a league, and as this is my baby...

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:02 am

So, I have registered with MFL and have entered the league as the owner of Franchise 4, now known as the Minnesota Snowmen!

I'm curious about how owners will be able to link up with potential GMs, coaches, etc. as I have many FF friends I could bring into the fold but no one I know has much experience with IDP or salary cap so I will be in the market for at least one person with such knowledge to help steer the ship.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

sglieden
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby sglieden » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:02 am

TomK27 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:38 am I don't really get the angle of "if there's less money people don't care". Everyone involved here is the sort of person that reads dynasty forums in January. We're all pretty obsessive. I know I don't put in less effort to cheaper leagues. I want to do well everywhere.

Preach

robbie80robbie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby robbie80robbie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:04 am

A friend of mine and I are interested in being a coach owner combo if thats possible and a spot is still available

robbie80robbie@yahoo.com
I have too many teams to list...

"i never worry about what people think..they don't do it often.."

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 am

Howdy all!

Coogan and I had some silly miscommunications and he jumped the gun a bit.

No owners have been decided yet, and no owners will be decided until the bylaws are fully intact (we're awhile away from that) and until the site is fully operational. I have been keeping a running list of people with interest and when I'm confident I've set the league up, I will send out emails/PMs asking for a brief résumé for owners. With so many moving parts in the league, I want to do my due diligence in ensuring that everyone in the league will be involved and dedicated.

Thanks for your patience, interest, and input as this ball has begun rolling; I look forward to making this happen.

All the best,
JGD

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:52 am

My PMs don't work so I'm not sure what was sent to me.

Anyway, this sounds awesome. Love the creativity and the broad lineup requirements. Count me in.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:58 pm

I'm gonna tweak a few things and get one of these going myself. This idea is awesome and there's no reason we can't get a few leagues like this going, if anything we can run it as a 1-year trial and see how the structure works with having so many people including in running each team.

If you are a veteran on here and want to take on ownership of a franchise then send me a PM with your email or list it below.

*I also need a few owners to participate in running the league, my idea is to have 2 others help me and run this collectively- as a democracy so to speak.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat