Interesting new league idea

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Interesting new league idea

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 am

No appetite for QB Hits if this is on MFL? Only ask given they have a true NFL impact and value. Have you used and found the defensive scoring setup to be good in prior leagues?

Note that in the Starting Roster section you have DL twice. One should be DB.

Any interest in having the Owner also hire a 'Coach' who will have scoring?

I'll ignore any offense questions since i'll be a Defensive Coordinator. Thanks for setting this up. Do you have the information for people so that they can be contacted when the setup has occurred, or how will people know when the 'next steps' are occurring? Will there be a separate thread with who is what and their contact info? Will Owners reach out directly to people? Lots of people involved, so will sit idle until next steps occur, but just wondering how will know what they are.

TheLinnDynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TheLinnDynasty » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:00 am

I would be very interested in a coaching spot if anyone needed a filler. I haven't done salary cap leagues so I'm not an ideal owner but I am extremely active so an assistant coach/coordinator spot would be of interest and fit my skill set while learning some of the salary cap ins and outs.

Anyway, keep me in mind when it gets to that stage. I can be found here on the boards via DM or email me at linnjacob5712@gmail.com
Jock Jams
12 Team Dynasty League .5pt PPR, IDP, Superflex
League Champion: 2013, 2014, 2016
League Runner-up: 2015

ChocolateCityCurse
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ChocolateCityCurse » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:16 am

Yessssss please
The act of players getting yards and touchdowns to help your Fantasy team’s score accumulate is all luck.
The acts of acquiring players and choosing which ones to start is all skill.
- David Richard

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:16 am

FiremanEd wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 am No appetite for QB Hits if this is on MFL? Only ask given they have a true NFL impact and value. Have you used and found the defensive scoring setup to be good in prior leagues?
I hadn't, but that can be arranged. Good call.
FiremanEd wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 amNote that in the Starting Roster section you have DL twice. One should be DB.
Thanks!
FiremanEd wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 amAny interest in having the Owner also hire a 'Coach' who will have scoring?
Not particularly, but I'd considered it.
FiremanEd wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 amI'll ignore any offense questions since i'll be a Defensive Coordinator. Thanks for setting this up. Do you have the information for people so that they can be contacted when the setup has occurred, or how will people know when the 'next steps' are occurring? Will there be a separate thread with who is what and their contact info? Will Owners reach out directly to people? Lots of people involved, so will sit idle until next steps occur, but just wondering how will know what they are.
Once we have owners set up, I will post again letting people know. Personally, I'll be "hiring" from this board, people I've not worked with before. Other's my use the "Owners needed" forum, or other Dynasty resources.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:33 pm

I have something like this in the works, although it's not gonna be salary cap. Check out this link or shoot me a PM if you're interested.

I'm thinking​ on MFL, $20/team, full IDP with large rosters and 12-14 teams.

So far I have about 8 people on board.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134730
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

SlimDikinz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby SlimDikinz » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:43 pm

It's cool but don't like the fact you play for free every year since you get paid $100 to be the commmish

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 pm

No one gets paid to be the comish whatsoever. This league has been a long time in the works and we think we have something that could be a lot of fun, even if it is an oversimplified version.
Please do not get me wrong, this has been tweaked and modified and into something much simpler than the kick bleep idea for a league that is JoshGordonsDealer's brain child, and I am in NO way trying to take anything away from him, his idea or this thread and I hope I'm not offending anyone. In fact, I'm still highly interested in operating as a DC in that league if it ever gets rolling. We've basically started a 16 team IDP co-league that simply requires at least two owners to divide responsibilities regarding league functions and specifically between offense and defense. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to get them the bylaws to see if it is something that might be a good fit. It's filled with forum users so it should be a blast.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Just was thinking back about this thread and some of the ideas that floated around in it, and JGD's attempt to get this off the ground.

By way of a summary, the idea was to have a league with owners, general manages and coaches in a complex salary cap contract league with IDP and all the bells and whistles. The really ground-breaking thing was that owners could assign gm duties (drafting, auctioning, trading) and coaching duties (waiver wire and selecting starters) to themselves or different people. So as an example, Owner A could assign offensive gm and offensive coaching duties to themselves (Owner A) and delegate defensive gm and coaching duties to another guy, who specializes in IDP. I guess in the most extreme version, you could have a team consisting of 5 different guys, each focused on just one element of team management. The commercial arrangement amongst management could be whatever the owner negotiated with his partners or "hires". For example, guys could partner as owners and split league fees 50/50. Or a guy could own the whole team and provide a 25% "salary" to someone to run the IDP side (meaning if the team wins anything, the IDP gm/coach gets 25% of winnings).

Unfortunately, the complexity of the concept and the fact that two different groups began forming leagues (JGD on the one hand and Coogster on the other) . . . led to the idea fizzling.

SnidelyWhiplash
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SnidelyWhiplash » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:01 am

It's an excellent idea. I only read the first few pages but the idea has legs.
12 team superflex /.5ppr/ 25 man rosters/3 IR
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,Superflex, DST
QB: Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Kamara, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson,
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Lockett, A.J. Brown, McLaurin, Davis
TE: Jonnu, Ebron
DST: Chargers

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:37 am

I know I keep bringing up this thread, but the idea keeps sticking in my head.

Maybe instead of doing a huge 16 or 32 team league, it would make sense to keep it small, say 10 teams, with extremely deep rosters. That way, the ownership / general manager / coaching pools wouldn't be too diluted...

Short summary:

Team owners: responsible to pay league fees and hire managers and coaches. Could be a partnership, with two co-owners.
Offensive & Defensive Managers: responsible for drafting, trading and in-season free agency. "Hired" with a share of potential winnings.
Coaches: responsible for setting starting lineups. "Hired" with a share of potential winnings.

League could also award a few small monetary bonuses for a variety of things (best draft pick, highest score, etc.).

Needless to say, one person can hold multiple hats. Hell, a Jerry Jones type owner can hold all the hats on his team, if he wishes. But a guy like me, who doesn't like IDP, could "hire" a defensive manager/defensive coach to handle that part of the team.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Nothing wrong with revisiting and reviewing an older idea, especially one that likely had unexpected reasons why it did not work the first time around. Sometimes also timing is key. Movies/Books/Songs are written that are ahead of their time, so get poo-poo'd or fail at the time - but we look back years later and consider them classics or successes now. So maybe the idea just needs the right time & committed owners/Commissioner to succeed. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..