Ladarius Green...?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Ladarius Green...?

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:38 pm

I haven't seen much on the forums, but Green has been a darling for a while and he just had a massive coming out party... do we think he can keep it up?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ladarius Green...?

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:44 pm

As an owner who has had him stashed in both of my leagues - I sure hope so.

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:45 pm

If he can stay healthy. Sold him before the season for what turned out to be the 9th pick in a 16 team league. I'm still happy with it.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Was nice to see the big game. At least that establishes he is capable of doing so. I'll definitely be watching closely for the remainder of the season to see if he can replicate his recent success. I don't have any insight into his capability other than we know his talent offers upside, but I will say that the receiver situation in PIT is certainly murky. No one knows if Bryant will be able to stay clean, Wheaton is a bust and probably gone. Coates can't catch, and though he's dealt with injury he is certainly a bust candidate. The rest of the options (Heyward-Bey, Rogers, ect.) aren't anything special. I'd say the most intriguing thing about Green now is that he's got a good chance of being the number two target behind Brown, which combined with his legitimate talent makes him a potential high end TE1. Other than Bryant Green's biggest threat to productivity probably lies in the draft.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:24 pm

I have been holding him everywhere so it was nice to see. That said, I watched a bunch of his catches in that game and got the sense that they did not really game plan for him. It will be interesting to see how he does these next few weeks. He certainly has the talent to put up serious numbers. At a minimum, he is a real threat to score anytime they are in the red zone.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Novacane wrote:I have been holding him everywhere so it was nice to see. That said, I watched a bunch of his catches in that game and got the sense that they did not really game plan for him. It will be interesting to see how he does these next few weeks. He certainly has the talent to put up serious numbers. At a minimum, he is a real threat to score anytime they are in the red zone.
I do agree with this but at the same time they have to stop bell and brown first. Green will always have nice matchups. I want to keep seeing ben look for him.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:50 pm

I'm an owner and was ecstatic to see him have a breakout game, but I did notice that he seemed a step slower and a little more lumbering. I think he's still favoring his ankle and even said after the game that he wasn't all the way back and was running slower because of it. His catches seemed pretty open. I'm concerned he may be less effective with a little more attention, but still very excited about his upside in that offense, especially next year when he's (closer to?) 100%.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:50 pm

With Gronk out and Reed hurting I sure hope he continues producing....
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:12 am

Heath Miller was the trusted target of Roeth. As was Hines, and is AB.

What we know is that if Roeth trusts you, he will feed you. Hopefully Green does his homework, is where hes supposed to be, and catches what comes to him.

Im confidant if those things occur, Greens natural athleticism can propel him to some great games and tremendous years

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:00 am

By typical fantasy TE1 standards, the sky is the limit for Green in Pittsburgh's offense. It's a great situation for him. While he doesn't have the hips or Gronkian play-strength to be a TE that can shake / bully double-teams, with Brown on the field obviously Green's unlikely see many of those. Bell also just about requires a linebacker or strong-safety to spy him in coverage, further creating space for Green in the middle of the field. Four of Green's six catches were 3rd down conversions. That's no fluke; Brown draws safety help on the perimeter, Bell maybe runs a short route into the flat drawing the strong-safety or one of the linebackers, and then who's left to stay on Green's hip? Most of the time it's only gonna be some physically out-matched, late reacting cornerback, if anyone at all.

Green has the ball-skills of a (good) wide-receiver, together with an exceptional catch-radius and elite speed-score. He did seem a bit slower than usual last week, though; more like a 4.65 40 guy than the 4.5 flat guy I usually see on his tape. Fortunately, he remains a 6'6" monster with 10+ inch hands and 34.5 inch arms, so he's still easy to throw open for a good QB.

But as others have said, health's the key. He's yet to prove he can stay healthy as a featured, high snap-count player. Even if he finishes this year strong, doubts will persist until he does it for 15-16 games. We'll see.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:27 am

I hope that Green finishes the year super strong. Maybe helps the Steelers make a deep push in the playoffs.

He will then be my #1 sell pre-draft next year. I don't trust his health or his concussion situation.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 am

balaberda wrote:I hope that Green finishes the year super strong. Maybe helps the Steelers make a deep push in the playoffs.

He will then be my #1 sell pre-draft next year. I don't trust his health or his concussion situation.
^This. Esp if Martavis manages to get back on the field next season.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:38 am

Has anyone seen anything definitive on why Green was out? I know it was initially rumored to be concussion related, but Green categorically denied that. I have also read that it was his ankle, but I simply have never seen anything confirmed.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:42 am

I've been holding him for so long, it's very satisfying to see him produce.
But if any of this concussion/retirement talk was semi real, it's scary because he's 1 hit away from me holding him this long and then retiring and being worth nothing.

I'd be selling if the right offer came my way, but in the offense he's in and athletic profile, he's a nice player to have that's for sure
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:24 am

dm1129 wrote:Has anyone seen anything definitive on why Green was out? I know it was initially rumored to be concussion related, but Green categorically denied that. I have also read that it was his ankle, but I simply have never seen anything confirmed.
It's said to be his ankle and healing from offseason surgery. The headaches were a rumor that I believe Green denied, which certainly doesn't mean they weren't true, but there's been nothing conclusive on that. Otherwise he's just been working his way back from ankle injury, and according to him he is still not all the way back - said he still doesn't have all his explosiveness back yet.