No
100%

Total votes: 37

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Forcing a tie - playoffs

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:57 pm

KCLep20 wrote:Good lord you guys take this too seriously.

We all pow-wow'd and agreed to set a lineup. i was just seeing what the consensus was, you guys really get bent out of shape for a seasonal league.
You should both be tarred and feathered for this unspeakable act...and then beaten with paddles.

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:01 pm

We all pow-wow'd and agreed to set a lineup. i was just seeing what the consensus was, you guys really get bent out of shape for a seasonal league.
Not sure what seasonal means but cmon you should just know this is wrong. There shouldn't be a need for a pow wow. I'd want no part of a league where someone would even consider this.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:50 pm

If I was in your league and knew that:

1. The commissioner came up with the idea.
2. You both agreed to it.

I'd ask for my money back and quit, regardless of you deciding to set a lineup afterwards.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Says the guy who colluded with his commish and started no players just to get into the playoffs. Total losers.

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Well, if you don't take it that seriously, why collude? Why not just start your best lineups and see what happens? If you aren't taking it seriously, does it matter if you lose? I know I posted that gif to be funny on the previous page, but the fact that you agreed to collude and then came to a message board to post about it seeking the opinions of others shows that you do take this serious to a point. Otherwise you'd just be like, "Whatever, it's just a seasonal league. I'll put my lineup back and not worry about it."

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 pm

You asked for our opinions and you got them.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 pm

skip wrote:

You asked for our opinions and you got them.
X2
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:00 am

it has been said that integrity or character is what you do when no one is watching , if you do this is the clear light of day then what happens when no one is watching ? Just last week dak was made into a hero for picking up an errant garbage throw and putting it in the trash . I would not attempt this type of shenanigans but were I to try I for sure would never cop to it in public to attempt to assuage my conscience.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:16 am

I wasn't going to comment as I thought most everyone else covered how this should be weighed in on. Then I saw you had over 1700 posts on here. How is that possible? I think we have a solid community here of stand up, logical, integrity driven dynasty degenerates. You sir have brought upon you any grief and discrimination brought upon you. Maybe we need to implement penalties to forum members. I say your 'All-Pro' status gets revoked and you start over. Because this is an insult of a question posed to a close-knit forum of the dynasty community. Shame!

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:09 am

You should have agreed to do it and then at 12:59 submit a lineup and double-cross the commish.

Just kidding, but he'd have deserved it for coming up with the idea.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:42 am

Whew, this has been an aggressive topic. Very clearly a shady thing to do that would make me consider leaving the league, but I think we're going too far questioning this guy's character. Let's simmer down here.

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:23 am

dynastyninja wrote:Whew, this has been an aggressive topic. Very clearly a shady thing to do that would make me consider leaving the league, but I think we're going too far questioning this guy's character. Let's simmer down here.
Can we question his inability to be reflective or something? Obviously oblivious.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:48 am

Jason wrote:You should have agreed to do it and then at 12:59 submit a lineup and double-cross the commish.

now this idea I love ! thread winner !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:00 am

clarion contrarion wrote:
Jason wrote:You should have agreed to do it and then at 12:59 submit a lineup and double-cross the commish.

now this idea I love ! thread winner !
Definitely a big winner here... :clap: :clap: :clap:

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:25 am

dynastyninja wrote:Whew, this has been an aggressive topic. Very clearly a shady thing to do that would make me consider leaving the league, but I think we're going too far questioning this guy's character. Let's simmer down here.
This ^

I'm completely fine with people condemning the move to sit all our players, whether you want to call it collusion or morally wrong. We viewed it as a strategy that was well within the rules, although yes, shady. However, making a strategic move in a fantasy football league should not be worthy of condemning someone's character IMO. Clearly many of you feel otherwise.

The commish and I had agreed that if anyone got seriously bent out of shape we would go ahead and set a lineup, I came here just to see how far on the scare of acceptable to absolutely not our move would be viewed.

As for my standing on this board, I do consider myself a member of this board and come here frequently. If asking a question that pisses some people off gets you re-set or has repurcussions, wouldn't that discourage people from having open & honest conversations? Ive never been one to only voice my opinion when it satisfies the masses, and anyone arguing for that should seriously reconsider their own character.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely