The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:28 am

there's a reason the most rec he caught in a single game at WEST ALABAMA was six.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:00 am

thebeast wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:
thebeast wrote:Wow - people refuse to believe what they see. Hill is what the Chiefs wanted out of DeAnthony Thomas (an offensive weapon) and is everything Tavon should have been. He is winning in so many different ways and has been so efficient with his limited, albeit growing opportunities, that his floor appears to get higher every week when they're adding in touches from the back field.
He's similar to what Tavon was last season.
He's producing more than Tavon this year and he's a rookie and Tavon is in his 4th year so I don't get the comparison. Even if their number were similar last year, Tavon was in his third year. Tavon is a gadget player, Hill is beating guys on go route, crossing routes, gadget plays, in every way.
These are literally all things Tavon did as a rookie and still does, though in less volume:

Go routes
Quick slants
Screens

I do think Hill has upside if he can learn the receiver position, but currently he looks like a gadget player.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:04 am

Litesout13 wrote:
Neight wrote:I bet I can guess who added Hill from waivers and now is building their team around him based on reading this thread.

Liking a 5th round pick who strangled his ex over Cooks hahaha
What does that have to do with anything??
You're right this has nothing to do with whether or not he will keep his composure off the field. Gadget player with questionable ethics and behavior, what was I thinking? Throw 1st rounders at his owner if you don't own him because his value is only going up from here.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:26 am

ImaRounder wrote:there's a reason the most rec he caught in a single game at WEST ALABAMA was six.
Yes there is - because he was primarily a running back.

When at Oklahoma State he caught 6 passes against Florida State. He caught 6 passes against Oklahoma as well.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:00 am

ImaRounder wrote:week 1- 1 rec
week 2 - 2
week 3 - 3
week 4 - 5
week -5- 2
week 6 - 1
week 7 - 5
week 8 - 3
week 9- 10
week 10 - 4
week 11 - 9

producing what? getting more involved because Maclin is out, Charles is out, Ware is showing signs of concussion, and Defenses have started to key in on Kelce. yes more and more involved is alluding to my point, recency. good luck with hill.
Did you even watch the game, or last weeks game, or week 9's game or are you just looking at numbers? His efficiency is due to him making plays. Argue against the guy all you want - you'll be the one to miss out as he still doesn't cost much.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:10 am

to each their own, just not my cup of tea, I guess.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:17 pm

I get the feeling a few people in here haven't actually watched the game tape and are just basing their "gadget" comments off numbers and a few ESPN highlights. It's early, but I disagree with the gadget comments.

I own Tavon Austin in a few leagues and love watching him play. He's as explosive as they come. With that said, Tavon is not a good WR....he's just an explosive playmaker/football player. Tyreek actually looks like he can catch properly and has some wide receiver skills. He just also happens to have the athletic ability to do all of the "gadget" work as well. Again, watch the tape, this is not a case where not a handful of highlights and stat box scouting will do the player justice.

I have absolutely no idea what price I'd pay to get him, or what it would take for me to trade him away, but this is getting interesting.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Seventy5 wrote:I get the feeling a few people in here haven't actually watched the game tape and are just basing their "gadget" comments off numbers and a few ESPN highlights. It's early, but I disagree with the gadget comments.

I own Tavon Austin in a few leagues and love watching him play. He's as explosive as they come. With that said, Tavon is not a good WR....he's just an explosive playmaker/football player. Tyreek actually looks like he can catch properly and has some wide receiver skills. He just also happens to have the athletic ability to do all of the "gadget" work as well. Again, watch the tape, this is not a case where not a handful of highlights and stat box scouting will do the player justice.

I have absolutely no idea what price I'd pay to get him, or what it would take for me to trade him away, but this is getting interesting.
I've watched him at Oklahoma State and caught his recent stretch of games as well. He may be a bit better receiver than Austin, but if that's the bar, then it's not saying much. They're still doing similar things. He's not a very polished receiver and doesn't do much in route versatility either.

Because of that, it's best to move him around and let him be faster than everyone. Outside, slot, RB, a little wildcat...get the ball in his hands because he's fast as hell. He's a gadget player until he can add more substance as a receiver. If he lives up to that upside, then we could be talking about a really dynamic player.

But until then I don't think the gadget calls are off base.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Seventy5 wrote:I get the feeling a few people in here haven't actually watched the game tape and are just basing their "gadget" comments off numbers and a few ESPN highlights. It's early, but I disagree with the gadget comments.

I've watched him at Oklahoma State and caught his recent stretch of games as well. He may be a bit better receiver than Austin, but if that's the bar, then it's not saying much. They're still doing similar things. He's not a very polished receiver and doesn't do much in route versatility either.

Because of that, it's best to move him around and let him be faster than everyone. Outside, slot, RB, a little wildcat...get the ball in his hands because he's fast as hell. He's a gadget player until he can add more substance as a receiver. If he lives up to that upside, then we could be talking about a really dynamic player.

But until then I don't think the gadget calls are off base.
I'll backtrack a little and agree with what you said.

He's far from being a polished wide receiver, but I believe he's flashed potenential to develop into something more than a gadget player. I've never really come away from watching Tavon and thought the same.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:07 pm

All these Tavon Austin comparisons and Hill is going to have more points this rookie fantasy season than ANY of Tavon Austin's seasons.

I'm the worst when it comes to undersized non prototypical receivers, I'm EXTREMELY biased, and have NEVER owned such a receiver or wanted to. HOWEVER, Hill, if you actually watch him play, instead of just making your decision based on his size/weight and judging a book by it's cover like I prematurely did, you will see, he passes the eyeball test.

I'm not one to crown the next AB/OBJ, especially not on a team led by Alex Smith, BUT, his motions, his first step, his fluidity, his ability to find/follow the ball with his eyes while burning every such way looks EXACTLY like how AB runs.

I dont in any way, think hes the next AB, and even after saying this, dont think he's even able to be a wr1 like OBJ and AB are with their size, BUT, even though I dont THINK that, I can not DENY not only the production(catch rate, target share, usage during clutch moments, catches for a 1st down which surpass DJAx and gronk to name a couple), but I also can't deny that he is just passing the eyeball test for me with flying colors, and that has always proven the most successful tool I've used. TY hilton passed it early for me, but due to his size I strayed away. Since then I have passed up on many more smaller receivers and wondered why anyone even liked them(see john brown), but Hill, unlike the others, is passing the eyeball test like TY hilton did, but i dont want to miss out like I did back then, so I grabbed him off waievers week 10 after the panthers game, and unlike what seems to be the common conclussion of "SELL SELL SELL", I have the mind set of "HOLD HOLD HOLD" because of the simple fact he passes the eyeball test. Lets see what happens here.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Neight wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:
Neight wrote:I bet I can guess who added Hill from waivers and now is building their team around him based on reading this thread.

Liking a 5th round pick who strangled his ex over Cooks hahaha
What does that have to do with anything??
You're right this has nothing to do with whether or not he will keep his composure off the field. Gadget player with questionable ethics and behavior, what was I thinking? Throw 1st rounders at his owner if you don't own him because his value is only going up from here.
Never said anything about throwing 1sts, or really gave my opinion on him at all.

But dont know why people continuously bring up something that happened 2 years ago. Do you think you are the first to come across this news? Do you think everyone is unaware of his past? Are you trying to get on some moral high horse thinking you are this great guy because you wont own him on your fantasy team?? Lol its fantasy football bud. He had once incident 2 years ago that he took full responsibility and been a model citizen since then.

Maybe talk about actual football and how his game translates to fantasy
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:36 pm

ImaRounder wrote:there's a reason the most rec he caught in a single game at WEST ALABAMA was six.
He didnt play much WR there or even at OK State. He lined up in the back field a lot and was used as a gadget player. This is the first year they are using him primarily as a WR and simply filtering in a few gadget type of plays.

If you watch him play, he is gaining more and more understanding of the position and looks better at running routes each week and has solid hands to boot.

Im not going to sit here and tout him as a WR1 by any means. Could very well end up being nothing more than a WR3 type of guy. But he seems to have a rhythm with Alex Smith. He can get open quick which plays to his style of QB play. Continued development could see him turn into a slightly lesser version of DeSean Jackson in the Reid offense
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)

TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
He didnt play much WR there or even at OK State. He lined up in the back field a lot and was used as a gadget player. This is the first year they are using him primarily as a WR and simply filtering in a few gadget type of plays.

If you watch him play, he is gaining more and more understanding of the position and looks better at running routes each week and has solid hands to boot.

Im not going to sit here and tout him as a WR1 by any means. Could very well end up being nothing more than a WR3 type of guy. But he seems to have a rhythm with Alex Smith. He can get open quick which plays to his style of QB play. Continued development could see him turn into a slightly lesser version of DeSean Jackson in the Reid offense
I can see that, but desean did catch his fair share of deep balls which boosted his numbers quite a bit. I'm not a hill basher by any means. I've just seen a little too many of the same style guys have a couple great games and then teams start prepping for said players and they are obsolete. I think team's running all these rpo's will inevitably help guys like hill in ppr but as far as me buying him as a wr2, that's not where I stand.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:45 pm

and I only bring up the deep ball because alex smith doesn't have one.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:06 pm

ImaRounder wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:

I can see that, but desean did catch his fair share of deep balls which boosted his numbers quite a bit. I'm not a hill basher by any means. I've just seen a little too many of the same style guys have a couple great games and then teams start prepping for said players and they are obsolete. I think team's running all these rpo's will inevitably help guys like hill in ppr but as far as me buying him as a wr2, that's not where I stand.
Im not there yet either. I want to see a bit more before I jump on him. But I am open to the idea that he could be that type of a player