Commish Goes Rogue

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Commish Goes Rogue

Postby skip » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:45 am

SoShady wrote:No this is not a pay league. So i'm not tied to it other than liking my team through the initial 9 rounds. It seems like the co commish is very level headed. So maybe he can smooth over all the chaos the commish caused. Myself and another owner are saying we should throw out the results of last night and setup a draft date a couple days from now. Will be interesting if they do that or what happens with the rookie draft. We had another guy drop out this morning.
My guess is you will lose several and the commissioner has no business running the league. If you decide to move forward, I'd "mutiny" the commish and set up an entirely new league with the remaining owners, recruit some others, then start over again. I can't speak for anyone else, but I generally don't care for taking over existing teams or trying to fix someone else's draft mess.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Postby operwapitsai » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:47 am

One mistake is playing an online league for free. In a league with strangers, people flake at the first signs of trouble in, especially when there is zero incentive to stay. Fine and dandy if you cant/dont want to pay up for a fantasy league, but maybe one with say, a $5 buy in should settle things and provide some continuity.
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, J. Graham

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo, J. Love
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Ridley, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin, NC Lamb, K. Cupp, M. Williams, M. Brown
TE: H. Henrey, T. Higbee

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Best league EVER! Management is top notch!

signed
Your friendly 14 year old FleaFlicker commish, ajfmrf

SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoShady » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Yeah skip for awhile I was moving toward taking over dead teams hoping the leagues were solid and in place. For the most part that has been a good strategy over time.

I used to play more toward the money side. But went away from it. This past year I got stiffed out of $100 in my hockey league. It was a free league with a prize. But the commish kept stringing me out. Then finally quit responding close to draft time. After the NHL season started I sent him a final email and left. Funny enough his co commish ended up in one of my new leagues. He was a total dick and even took an attitude with me for asking for my winnings. So this year I joined one money league for basketball and my first leaguesafe league.

Valhalla he even got upset because one of the teams was changing his team name to many times for his liking.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:29 pm

free leagues are solely there to be fun. this isnt fun. its a toxic environment. why in the world would you consider staying is beyond me
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

LibertyCountyBrawler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LibertyCountyBrawler » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Start your own league Shady.
Liberty County Brawlers - Dynasty Brew League
2016 Season - 10-3
12 team - 30 Man Roster + 2 IR, PPR
1QB-2RB-2 WR-1 TE-1FLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB-1DFLEX
2017 Draft picks - 1, 2, 3, 4 (late), 4(early), 5
QB – RODGERS, CARR
RB – D. JOHNSON, J. WHITE, W. SMALLWOOD, E. LACY, R. KELLEY, K. FARROW
WR – JULIO JONES, A. JEFFREY, R. COBB, J. MATTHEWS, J. CROWDER, T. HILL, JJ. NELSON, B. TREGGS, D. INMAN, K. ALLEN
TE – Z. ERTZ, D. PITTA, A. SEFERIAN-JENKINS, J. JAMES, CJ FIEDOROWICZ, L. THOMAS
K – B. MCMANUS
DB – T. JEFFERSON, M. JENKINS
DL – D. HUNTER, J. BOSA, J.J. WATT
LB – K. ALEXANDER, T. DAVIS, T. SMITH, D. BUCANNON

Liberty County Brawlers - Jardel League
2016 Season - 9-4
10 Team - 20 Man Roster - PPR - 7 KEEPER
1 QB-2RB-4 WR-1 TE-1 RB/WR/TE
QB – D. CARR, J. WINSTON
RB – D. JOHNSON, T. WEST, T. RIDDICK, C. HYDE, J. LANGFORD, D. HENRY, R. KELLEY
WR – D. THOMAS, R. COBB, W. FULLER, A. COOPER, T. AUSTIN, T. LOCKETT, M. SANU, J. LANDRY, J. GORDON
TE – D. WALKER, T. KELCE

amazehayes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby amazehayes » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:28 pm

If you ever want to start a dynasty league with you and whoever else y'all got I'd be down for a startup league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:30 pm

I'd almost stay in the league just to screw with the Commish, it would probably be pretty fun to watch them implode even more.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:33 am

Never Veto wrote:I'd almost stay in the league just to screw with the Commish, it would probably be pretty fun to watch them implode even more.
This. And who plays in random free leagues?

Ps - i don't agree that "making trade talks public" is a huge no-no. Although recognize that many sensative people do with no justification.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoShady » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 am

I have my own money and free league that I run. I even took over a league for a deadbeat commish this year who wouldn't run his league/replace dead teams. I have found that joining leagues recruited through fleaflicker has resulted in a ton of poor commissioners and a lot of dead teams. Versus finding leagues through DLF seem to be much more reliable.

On the league front they have decided they are throwing out the results of the unannounced live draft. We will be drafting from round 9 live on Tuesday. Seems like the co commish has the league running smoothly now.

Pork Sword
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Pork Sword » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:49 pm

For now. Just understand the irrational douchebag commish won't change his ways. He'll flip out again. I'm with the post above, I'd only "stay" if it included a mutiny on the commish. Seems like the co-commish has his head on straight and would become the defacto commish. Just get with the other owners and feel them out if they're on board with the move. Replace the rest. GL