Make your case for best stash of the 2017 offseason

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Make your case for best stash of the 2017 offseason

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:15 am

Pretty basic question, who's your favorite stash for the offseason and why?

It could be a bump up the depth chart due to FAs leaving, boucing back after injury, or just a player that others are sleeping on. But who's your fav?

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Make your case for best stash of the 2017 offseason

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:23 am

My fav stash this yr is John Brown. Even though it might not seem like it, this guy is primed to have a seriously good return on investment based on his current value. This is because his current value is quite depressed at the moment, and you can get him for cheap cheap cheap. The reason it's depressed seems to be from a lack of targets and his health problems surrounding his sickle cell trait.

However in 2017, the Cards may experience a large amount of turnover in there wr core this offseason. Is this the year we see Fitz retire? does Floyd chase the money somewhere else? I personally think both those things happen, which creates a lot more opportunity for targets in 2017. In addition, hopefully he will have his sickle cell situation being managed more adequately, and as such won't have full or portions of games being missed.

The only negative I see is the potential for Palmers arm to go straight manning style and fall right off a cliff. But with DJ being there main weapon, the play action game should open up leaving opp for John Brown down the field.

With his opp to the be WR1 on the Cards and the small price John Brown is currently costing, he could double or even triple your investment. Stash him now and laugh all the way to the bank next season

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:28 am

I think the obvious choices here are tread, doctson and Sammy Watkins. to dig a little deeper I'd probably include some guys like roger lewis who has struggled with drops but can stretch the field. I think this will be Antonio gates' last year so hunter henry could explode next year.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:39 am

Cordarrelle Patterson. I was critical of him when he entered the league as I thought he was a poor WR. However, he has shown progress to me. I still do not view him as a 'good WR' and he will never be a WR1, but he is my favorite stash because if he goes to a team with an innovative offense(PIT or NE) he could surprise a lot of people. He is one of the most dangerous players in the NFL when in space. He has been absolutely misused and ignored for a very long time in MIN. If he does go to the right situation, combined with his improved WR skills, I think he could be something and his price is minimal.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:41 am

Just referencing FA, here's a list, http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

RB - appears to be pretty thin/old from that list.
WR - you have guys like Alshon, Britt, Floyd
QB - I think I'm most intrigued by, it would be nice to find and scoop the next Tyrod, Hoyer in HOU, Oz (i.e. just meaning mainly backups who went to new teams with the opp to win the job). Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Geno, Mallett, Glennon, Nassib plus some others, makes you wonder if any team will take their chance with seasoned backups or hope that this QB class pans out.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Philip Dorsett. He's done almost nothing so far, and should be fairly cheap. That being said, he is a really good football player. He may not do much for the next year or 2, but he's extremely talented and was a 1st rounder for a reason (As a colts fan I HATE that we spent a First on him, but that doesn't change the fact that he's got some real game)

Also, Perriman. Similar price to Dorsett most likely and honestly the same argument for the most part
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Kevin White (and Cam Meredith but I feel as though White is currently slightly undervalued while is Cam slightly overvalued). Something has got to give in CHI. Good chance Jay and Alshon are gone which would mean the dawn of a new age in Chicago. If Hoyer becomes the starter it could give Meredith's value a bump. Regardless there should be increased opportunity for both of them going into their 3rd season as pros

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Perriman Cpatt Dwayne Washington

LibertyCountyBrawler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LibertyCountyBrawler » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:49 pm

I love this topic. Last year I grabbed Jamison Crowder, Smelter, Latimer, C Michael and a handful of other nobody's. Crowder is the only one on my team at this point, it worked out to my benefit.

I'm looking to acquire Kevin White if possible in my dynasty league. I think when Alshon leaves it could leave a bright opportunity for him.

I grabbed C. Patterson as I think he could benefit from a new coordinator in Minnesota or a new team.

I grabbed J.J. Nelson for the same reasons named above for J Brown. With Fitz possible retirement and Floyd possibly leaving for the money.

I'm holding on to Wendell Smallwood. I think he's a player if given the chance.

Also out of Philly the receiver Bryce Treggs. Has the speed to be a deep threat, has shown bright spots in the past 2 games of stretching the field. Could be a homerun hitter next season.

Holding Tyreek Hill as well, though not sure you would call him a sleeper.
Liberty County Brawlers - Dynasty Brew League
2016 Season - 10-3
12 team - 30 Man Roster + 2 IR, PPR
1QB-2RB-2 WR-1 TE-1FLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB-1DFLEX
2017 Draft picks - 1, 2, 3, 4 (late), 4(early), 5
QB – RODGERS, CARR
RB – D. JOHNSON, J. WHITE, W. SMALLWOOD, E. LACY, R. KELLEY, K. FARROW
WR – JULIO JONES, A. JEFFREY, R. COBB, J. MATTHEWS, J. CROWDER, T. HILL, JJ. NELSON, B. TREGGS, D. INMAN, K. ALLEN
TE – Z. ERTZ, D. PITTA, A. SEFERIAN-JENKINS, J. JAMES, CJ FIEDOROWICZ, L. THOMAS
K – B. MCMANUS
DB – T. JEFFERSON, M. JENKINS
DL – D. HUNTER, J. BOSA, J.J. WATT
LB – K. ALEXANDER, T. DAVIS, T. SMITH, D. BUCANNON

Liberty County Brawlers - Jardel League
2016 Season - 9-4
10 Team - 20 Man Roster - PPR - 7 KEEPER
1 QB-2RB-4 WR-1 TE-1 RB/WR/TE
QB – D. CARR, J. WINSTON
RB – D. JOHNSON, T. WEST, T. RIDDICK, C. HYDE, J. LANGFORD, D. HENRY, R. KELLEY
WR – D. THOMAS, R. COBB, W. FULLER, A. COOPER, T. AUSTIN, T. LOCKETT, M. SANU, J. LANDRY, J. GORDON
TE – D. WALKER, T. KELCE

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Rex Burkhead.

Because I love me a white receiving back underdog.

On a more serious note, he's free (more than likely). Probably leaves Cincy and could see him being a Woodhead back for a team (not just cause he's white, but he's actually a great receiver).

Of course, if he re signs with Cincy this would all be moot.

But he has the skillset to be a top 12 RB in PPR.

norsberry
Rookie
Rookie

Postby norsberry » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Jerrick McKinnon

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Tie between Tyler Lockett and Devin Funchess.

Two talented WR's who got a lot of noise in the offseason, but have got lost in the shuffle and haven't lived up to the heavy and premature expectations. You can probably obtain either for a late 1st or early 2nd at this point. I like both to breakout in 2017 as WR2's.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Josh Doctson - For hype, not for production. After the Redskins let Djax and Garcon go, it'll leave Crowder (the guy you really want), and Reed. The community will continue to disrespect Crowder, and people will start pining over Doctson, who, like the majority of young WR's, will not be able to meet the lofty expectations and will disappoint in 2017. I will be trying to flip Doctson where I own him when he starts making nice plays in shorts next summer.

Cameron Meredith - For actual production, and because he is cheap. Kevin White is headed down bust street, and as Sigmund Bloom would say, you can tell a story of how Meredith ends up being thrust into a WR1 role, a la Tyrell Williams in San Diego. Maybe it's due to another Kevin White injury, or White just being unproductive.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Jason3123 wrote:Josh Doctson - For hype, not for production. After the Redskins let Djax and Garcon go, it'll leave Crowder (the guy you really want), and Reed. The community will continue to disrespect Crowder, and people will start pining over Doctson, who, like the majority of young WR's, will not be able to meet the lofty expectations and will disappoint in 2017. I will be trying to flip Doctson where I own him when he starts making nice plays in shorts next summer.
Did you draft Doctson? If so, what has changed your opinion on him? I am assuming you didn't draft him top 5 with the intentions of hoping to flip him a year later.

I drafted him, and obviously have him stashed. However, I still believe he is a hold rather than a sell high (when the opportunity arises).

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:23 pm

titans44 wrote:
Jason3123 wrote:Josh Doctson - For hype, not for production. After the Redskins let Djax and Garcon go, it'll leave Crowder (the guy you really want), and Reed. The community will continue to disrespect Crowder, and people will start pining over Doctson, who, like the majority of young WR's, will not be able to meet the lofty expectations and will disappoint in 2017. I will be trying to flip Doctson where I own him when he starts making nice plays in shorts next summer.
Did you draft Doctson? If so, what has changed your opinion on him? I am assuming you didn't draft him top 5 with the intentions of hoping to flip him a year later.

I drafted him, and obviously have him stashed. However, I still believe he is a hold rather than a sell high (when the opportunity arises).
Doctson was my #1 WR coming out, but missing the entire year is a massive red flag IMO. There are not many successful WR's (any?) who missed their entire first season. Also why I bailed on Kevin White. The only thing giving me hope on Doctson is that he actually played in 2 games lol.