Michael Floyd

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Michael Floyd

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:46 pm

I know Floyd has his share of truthers and doubters. I just want to hear from both sides after his spectacular game, albeit vs SF. Regardless, Floyd made some highlight reel plays and has always had the ability, but he's been very inconsistent and has disappeared for stretches of games. Thoughts about Floyd for the rest of the season as well as potential landing spots next year if he leaves ARI?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Michael Floyd

Postby jimmycricket14 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:53 pm

He is maddening. He looked completely incompetent for the whole first half of the season but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns it around and looks like he is primed to break out again down the stretch similar to last year. Hard to trust him after how poorly he played at the beginning of the year but he does have the physical traits of a WR1. Buy now if you can and sell in the offseason because I have a feeling his value is going to rebound if he leaves AZ but he isn't really a guy I want on my squad

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:58 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:I know Floyd has his share of truthers and doubters. I just want to hear from both sides after his spectacular game, albeit vs SF. Regardless, Floyd made some highlight reel plays and has always had the ability, but he's been very inconsistent and has disappeared for stretches of games. Thoughts about Floyd for the rest of the season as well as potential landing spots next year if he leaves ARI?
I think you described him perfectly. Very talented, can make highlight reel plays but has been very inconsistent, and is in a situation where if he isnt consistent he can be ignored due to the depth of talent on the team.

I have always been a truther when it comes to his talent, but I am a doubter when it comes to him fulfilling it. I no longer believe Floyd will be a WR 1 or 2. I think he can still be a WR1 or 2 on a flex basis occasionally, but will he ever be trustworthy enough to put in there on a regular basis? I am not so sure.

Toss in that he is a buzzworthy name for 2017 free agency and I see a player who is being sold/bought more on hype than actual results. In my next post I am going to see exactly how many exciting spots there are for him to land pre-NFL Draft - assuming he doesnt stick in Arizona. And exactly how many of them are going to pay him to be their #1? My guess would be 0. So he is going to be a #2 or #3 - and how many situations are there that will be good enough to be both relevant as a #2/3 AND are perceived to be by the dynasty community?

If you are a contender - I suppose you can flip him for an asset you can use now - but I just dont see why rebuilding teams would buy Floyd who will be 27 going on 28 next season, and will have a total of 1 WR 2/3 season under his belt, I just dont see him as an asset to build around. Ideally he is a player teams planning to contend next year should be buying on the cheap to use as a bye week flex play, or to flip in the off-season for something else.

But thats just my 2 cents *shrugs*.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Future Situations for Michael Floyd: AFC

Excitement rating on 1-10
I admit straight up I am not certain on the contract length of all of the players

N.E - Unless he is cheap, I do not see them investing - and if he is cheap then that means pretty much every other team passed on him and ergo the Patriots are hoping to strike gold with little investment. And then there is Gronk, Bennett, Edelman & Hogan - not to mention Mitchell and any other flavors of the week
ER: 3-4

Miami - Already has Landry, Parker, Carroo, Stills & QB that isnt able to support all of them.
ER: 1

Buffalo - They can barely support 1 WR as fantasy relevant and we are supposed to believe they can support 2+?
ER: 2

N.Y. Jets - At least a year away imo from having a decent qb from a fantasy perspective (since I think Fitz is gone after this year). Decent situation with Decker & Marshall on the wrong side of 30 - but Enunwa looks like he will have a role for the next few years. And if they are in rebuild mode after fools gold Fitzpatrick are they really going to splurge on a WR in FA?
ER: 3

Baltimore - Murky situation, so I could see then wanting another WR with Steve Smith retiring (if he ever does!). But Wallace seems to have been brought back to life and they still have a couple more years to get Perriman up to snuff. Flacco would have to prove he can feed more than 1 WR regularly, and Balt likes to use their TEs.
ER: 4-5

Pittsburgh - Sounds exciting - I assume Floyd would be a good fit for Big Ben but thats for Steelers fans to decide. But what if they actually decide to pay Leveon Bell? Or extend Antonio Brown (UFA after 2017). Or Bryant comes back. Or they draft another WR - which they seem to do every year?

Cincinnati - It is feast or famine in Cincy after AJ Green & Eifert/Bernard getting plenty of receptions. Floyd would likely beat out Lafell or Boyd, but would his role be any different than it is now in AZ?
ER: 4

Cleveland - This could be exciting - but Floyd is pretty much the same age as Pryor with one difference - Pryor has been consistent all year long. It seems to me they would be better served to re-sign Pryor, than sign Floyd to replace him at a cost that could be more expensive. Last big WR signing didnt really turn out for them. ;)
ER: 5-6

Houston - If Osweiler cant feed Hopkins regularly, and they also have Fuller & Miller & Strong - would Floyd some how step in and be a day 1 ready WR2? I dont think so.

Tennessee - K. Wright could be gone next year - so that just leaves Sharpe & Matthews. Could be a nice possibility.
ER: 6

Indy Colts - Dont we just love seeing WRs go to the Colts - yet it continues to be the Hilton show, with Moncrief possibly ready to break out finally. No other WR has really shown anything these past few years. Their money is likely better spent on O-Line than on another WR.
ER: 5

Jacksonville - It is getting pretty crowded there now that M. Lee is actually playing to some potential. Floyd pedigree might push Hurns out the door but still can Floyd being WR2 to ARob be more appealing than it is right now to Flitzgerald? I dont think so.

Denver - They just resigned D. Thomas a year or so ago, and I believe Sanders was taken care of too. No room for Floyd to be anything other than 3rd wheel imho.

Kansas City - I think we all agree that Alex Smith is a better NFL QB than fantasy QB - and Nick Foles as heir apparent? They could use another real WR but gadget WRs like Hill, and D'Anthony Thomas seems more their speed.

Oakland - I think Cooper & Crabtree are entrenched for the near future in Oakland. I think they will spend on more D, and hopefully keep that O-Line intact. So again Floyd to Oakland while it sounds good doesnt suggest any more consistency than in Arizona right now

San Diego - This could be the best location in the AFC, unless Tyrell Williams becomes entrenched. K. Allen & M. Floyd could be the Chargers answer to Oakland & Denvers 1-2 WR punches.
ER: 8

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Future Situations for Michael Floyd: NFC

Washington - With DJax & Garcon likely on the way out this looks promising. But we still have Doctson, and Crowder in the slot, and J. Reed at TE. So not perfect, but decent imo.
ER: 6

Philadelphia - I'm not a fan of Agholor, and if DGB doesnt progress, then Floyd to Philly to be 1B to Matthews 1A could be a good idea. Not sure it happens since Philly doesnt have a recent history of signing WR - of course it was C.K. who let Maclin & DJax go so who knows ...
ER: 7

Dallas - We shall assume Prescott continues to progress and is the starter from here on out. Question is, can he support another WR after Dez and Beasley the slot stud? I think it is less appealing than Wash or Philly but maybe because I expect Jerry Jones to make big splashes more likely?
ER: 5

NY Giants - I think Beckham & Shepard have Manning locked up until Manning retires.

Detroit - Not sure if there is room after Tate & Jones - both of whom are locked in through 2017 to good contracts. Floyd isnt a Boldin type WR so I dont see him fitting in - plus you still have Ebron & Riddick eating up the rest of the receptions.

Minnesota - Who is the QB next year? Who is the RB? Maybe Treadwell doesnt become a stud - but surely he will at least be WR2 after Diggs next year - and why would Minny add another WR in FA with so many other questions?

Green Bay - The NFC version of the Colts, except that Adams seems to have arrived, and Cobb is locked in for several more years, and they like to draft WR - not make splashes in FA. Oh and dont forget Nelson either (signed through 2018).

Chicago - It is like Jeffrey is doing everything he can to get out of Chicago :lol: but I dont blame him with Cutler as your QB. Maybe Hoyer is back next year, but this team looks like a mess, and while Floyd could step in to be a WR1 I would bet they draft another WR to go with Kevin White and/or sign Meredith to a better deal, than go big on Floyd. If we knew who the QB was the ER would be higher.

Tampa Bay - Floyd might make a nice WR2 here. They have signed big name WRs before. But I bet Evans owners hope not. ;)
ER: 6-7

New Orleans - Too many mouths - Brees career too short

Carolina - Maybe replaces Ginn, but I expect that is why they have Funchess. Funchess & Benjamin to continue to develop and bond with Newton seems more likely than parachuting in Floyd,

Atlanta - Sanu & Gabriel already look to be the answer to who will roll with Julio Jones. Floyd could be a better version, but would he be a better deal?

Seattle - Way too crowded with Baldwin, Graham, Lockett - Wilson a great QB but not so great at feeding WRs.

Arizona - Maybe he finally inherits the mantle from Fitzgerald - although Arians seems to love his other WRs like the Browns & JJ Nelson. Toss in Palmer retirement uncertainty and we have the reason most people are exciting to see Floyd hit FA, not stick in AZ
ER: 3-4

SF - Is it ok if I go with 1 word answer of Yuck?

LA - Well if Keenum can feed Britt, then maybe he can feed Floyd - or wait will it be Goff? Oh and everyone seems to hate Fisher. Floyd to LA probably doesnt excite anyone.
ER - 2-3

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:05 pm

All in all I see 4 situations that Floyd could land in that suggest strong uptick in value next year

1 - SD
2 - Washington
3 - Philly
4 - TB

With perhaps Cleveland & Tenn as other appealing landing spots (if the dynasty community can look at either as appealing from a fantasy perspective).

Others could as well depending on what happens in off-season, and with draft - but right now a 1/8 shot at Floyd gaining real value doesnt seem like such a great move to me - but I am a doubter - so I will leave it for the believers to give reasons why other situations will be good.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:09 pm

I see SD and Tampa as the most appealing landing spots for FA receivers this year (or draft picks)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:15 pm

So SD has Keenan (presumably) and Tyrell... I'm not exactly sure where a #3 option fits in when they also have Travis Benjamin who just signed this off season. I don't see the Chargers in the market for a free agent unless they don't trust Keenan's health heading into 2017.

I think I might throw up inside if Cleveland considers someone like Michael Floyd. We already get plenty enough inconsistent play on that team.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Unless Allen is not physically able to come back next year I do not see SD bringing in another WR. Benjamin serves his role and I think many owners are overlooking Tyrell Williams.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:21 pm

My bad - I didnt know Benjamin was on a 4 year deal - I thought it was a 1 year prove it for some reason. Yeah that would dampen the excitement of Floyd going there. I am not a T. Williams believer, but I can certainly respect the idea of him having a role next season also.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:29 pm

ArrylT wrote:I am not a T. Williams believer, but I can certainly respect the idea of him having a role next season also.
All he's done this season is produce and I don't see that changing. He's the "Stefon Diggs" of the San Diego Chargers.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:40 pm

skip wrote:
ArrylT wrote:I am not a T. Williams believer, but I can certainly respect the idea of him having a role next season also.
All he's done this season is produce and I don't see that changing. He's the "Stefon Diggs" of the San Diego Chargers.
I guess if Diggs was a UDFA. Anyways I just dont believe in him long term (to me he is more like a 1 year wonder like Harry Douglas 2013, Brendan Lafell 2014 or Kamar Aiken 2015 based on optimal situation) but as I said I can respect that others do - and either way that would dampen a Floyd to SD scenario.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:21 pm

This is what Floyd does, disappoints for half the season until you give up on him, then he strings a nice stretch together in the second half of the season that makes some hold out hope for the following season.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:36 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:This is what Floyd does, disappoints for half the season until you give up on him, then he strings a nice stretch together in the second half of the season that makes some hold out hope for the following season.
I am desperate enough in more than a few leagues with the Jeffery news to take a swing on Floyd as a stop gap at the right price
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:53 pm

What do y'all think of TEN or PHI? I think both have young QBs with lots of upside, and both need a physical prototypical WR1. I don't think Sharpe or Matthews is a long-term answer in TEN, and I also don't particularly believe in DGB or Agholor ever being more than a complementary receiver in the PHI offense.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd