Michael Floyd

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Michael Floyd

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am

Looking pretty bad for a rebound. Set off his alcohol monitor 5 times in the last week, two of the readings were .044, and .055.

Floyd claims it was "herbal tea" as the culprit. Guessing he's about done.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/16/michael-f ... se-arrest/
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 am

Poor choices costing millions

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:31 am

Sad, clearly he has a big problem. He was a hold for me until this. Cut him for Aiken.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 am

Those darn herbal teas.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:40 am

Not to worry, Floyd supporters...all he needs to do is post a work out video next off season and get a little publicity about some help he's giving to a high school football team or a charity and he'll be back to being projected as a huge star in the NFL.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:56 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am Looking pretty bad for a rebound. Set off his alcohol monitor 5 times in the last week, two of the readings were .044, and .055
I guess it's better then the .217 he blew on his DUI?
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Neight wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:56 am I guess it's better then the .217 he blew on his DUI?
Floyd is always improving

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:28 pm
Neight wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:56 am I guess it's better then the .217 he blew on his DUI?
Is he though? .217 is more impressive than .044 and .055 (does that even count as a drink?). Seems like everything is getting worse.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:55 am

Goddard wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:29 pm
Valhalla wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:28 pm
Is he though? .217 is more impressive than .044 and .055 (does that even count as a drink?). Seems like everything is getting worse.
.217 is some beast mode stuff (no, not THAT Beast Mode) that would turn even some hardened alcoholics green with envy. .044-.055 is amateur hour and something you see teenagers achieving by sneaking a few of their mom's wine coolers. Floyd has been failing as an NFL WR, and now he's failing as a drinker. If you're going to violate the terms of your community control and flush your career down the toilet, at least do it right. Tisk tisk Michael Floyd....
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 am

I don't own him anywhere and I don't particularly care for him as a Vikings fan...

But I read that he went the first 90 of 96 days without registering anything in his BAC. According to that article he was being tested several times a day and it would seemingly be tough to hide even a trace amount of alcohol with that amount of testing. To me, this doesn't seem like an alcoholic to me.

It suggests to me one of three things:
1) He didn't do his due diligence and did indulge in the tea without knowing of the alcohol content. Ignorance is not an excuse, and he should be responsible for whatever he puts into his body...especially if he is on house arrest for alcohol related offenses.

2) He knew the tea was alcoholic and thought his house arrest was finished. He was clean for 90 days and perhaps he thought his punishment was for 90 days. Again, the ignorance and responsibility argument apply and he should be held accountable. And probably should take some math classes or work on his organizational skills.

3) He lacks maturity and just didn't care. Probably the worst of the three as he was given a 2nd and 3rd chance (and probably a 4th chance by not milling himself or someone else with his extreme DUI) by the Pats and Vikes and he potentially threw it away.

It's possible that he is an alcoholic. It's possible he just doesn't care. And it's possible it was an honest mistake. I hope for his sake that it was just a mistake and he can correct himself.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 am

slaughterrt wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 am I don't own him anywhere and I don't particularly care for him as a Vikings fan...

But I read that he went the first 90 of 96 days without registering anything in his BAC. According to that article he was being tested several times a day and it would seemingly be tough to hide even a trace amount of alcohol with that amount of testing. To me, this doesn't seem like an alcoholic to me.

It suggests to me one of three things:
1) He didn't do his due diligence and did indulge in the tea without knowing of the alcohol content. Ignorance is not an excuse, and he should be responsible for whatever he puts into his body...especially if he is on house arrest for alcohol related offenses.

2) He knew the tea was alcoholic and thought his house arrest was finished. He was clean for 90 days and perhaps he thought his punishment was for 90 days. Again, the ignorance and responsibility argument apply and he should be held accountable. And probably should take some math classes or work on his organizational skills.

3) He lacks maturity and just didn't care. Probably the worst of the three as he was given a 2nd and 3rd chance (and probably a 4th chance by not milling himself or someone else with his extreme DUI) by the Pats and Vikes and he potentially threw it away.

It's possible that he is an alcoholic. It's possible he just doesn't care. And it's possible it was an honest mistake. I hope for his sake that it was just a mistake and he can correct himself.
1) Seems unlikely, why wasn't he drinking this tea (which he seemed to be downing on consecutive days in large amounts at the end) during the first 90 days if he was unaware of the alchohol content? Sure, it's possible that he just discovered this tea, but what turd introduced him to alchoholic tea at the tail end of his recovery and didn't tell him about it?

2) Seems impossible as he was taking BAC tests which aren't really something that happens without your knowledge.

3) Seems most likely to me along with him being an alchoholic. Holding off for 90 days is meaningless to me. Some alchoholics go years without and then fall of the wagon and do so hard. The fact that he went from no problems immediately to repeated problems suggests alchoholic to me unless you believe he was truly unaware of the the content of the tea.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:31 pm

I have room on the bench and minimal activity in the summertime.. Holding for now to see if this all "blows" over.
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Yeah he did not know some "tea"had alcohol in it because alcohol is so easily masked and/or if it is just some fruity, cheerleader beer, a lot of dudes and athletes are guzzling that on a regular basis. I surely have never met one in my years.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:43 pm

I wonder if Floyd is legitimately an alcoholic.

Well, either way, he should be dead to us in fantasy at this point. Whether it's character defect or mental illness (aside from alcoholism, could be depression... heck, could even be early symptoms of CTE), the odds of him mattering again in the NFL are wafer-thin.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:29 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:43 pm I wonder if Floyd is legitimately an alcoholic.

Well, either way, he should be dead to us in fantasy at this point. Whether it's character defect or mental illness (aside from alcoholism, could be depression... heck, could even be early symptoms of CTE), the odds of him mattering again in the NFL are wafer-thin.
I didn't realize he had several prior DUI incidences in college. Seems like it is a real possibility that he is an alcoholic.

That being said...stupid on his part...with all the money he has he could just hire a driver or uber.