DeMarco Murray Price Check!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DeMarco Murray Price Check!

Postby DJB » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Still holding. Need continued production. Still feel like Titans want to run him into the ground which is good for my fantasy team
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:22 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:59 pm Let today be a lesson for those crowning Henry as an elite RB before he gets his first start.
:lol: Live it up I guess. Murray owners should just be happy it was Murray in on that 75 yard run with the entire left side sealed off.

As an owner of both, I am pretty sure I am going to start the wrong one every week (as I did today).
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:22 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:59 pm Let today be a lesson for those crowning Henry as an elite RB before he gets his first start.
:lol: Live it up I guess. Murray owners should just be happy it was Murray in on that 75 yard run with the entire left side sealed off.

As an owner of both, I am pretty sure I am going to start the wrong one every week (as I did today).
You can be pretty safe in starting Murray going forward. He'll get more carries as his health resumes and Henry will resume is backup role
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:40 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 pm
jtd1387 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:22 pm

You can be pretty safe in starting Murray going forward. He'll get more carries as his health resumes and Henry will resume is backup role
Disagree. This has been trending toward an even split since the last 3rd of last year. Most weeks Henry has looked better, but Murray will still demand a lot of work. Both will be RB2s over the rest of the season, but more likely one is putting up an RB1/2 week while the other is putting up an RB3/4 week, and then vice versa the following week.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:06 pm

I agree. I even benched Murray in the two leagues that I own him in, stupid decision by me, partly because I didn't think he would get that much work. I don't think Murray is going away this season, of course, barring actually missing games.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:06 pm
I agree. I even benched Murray in the two leagues that I own him in, stupid decision by me, partly because I didn't think he would get that much work. I don't think Murray is going away this season, of course, barring actually missing games.
Well, the information before the game was that if Murray played, he would be behind Henry (at least that was the last info I had - I am overseas, so I don't see Sunday AM news before the games start). With that info, Henry was definitely the smarter play.

Instead, Murray got the start and the majority of work early. Most Henry owners were predicting that if Henry got a chance to lead the backfield, he would blow up. As he didn't get the chance to lead the backfield, this doesn't seem like a very good "I told you so."

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 am

X2
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 am

If Henry owners want to be bitter with me I'll wear it. His career certainly isn't over and he could still even be the lead back this year due to a Murray injury, but people do this every year: they want a younger player they invested in and believe strongly in to take over a lead role and it doesn't happen. It was the same story with John Brown and Fitz, and Cobb and Nelson, Cooper and Crabtree, heck even Garappolo and Brady, and so so many more. Good players don't just disappear because they're a year older, and younger players don't become studs simply because they were drafted highly. Every situation is unique, but you can usually count on the proven commodity, so I'm glad to see this refrain shine through yet again.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:39 am

I regret trading 2 1sts for Murray in July, but if he is going to continue to get the workload he did last night, then all will be ok. Not many RB's are going to get the workload he gets, with the receiving skills he has, safe floor PPR RB2 with RB1 upside weekly. I think you can only count those type of RBs on a single hand, or maybe two now with this rookie class.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:17 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 am If Henry owners want to be bitter with me I'll wear it. His career certainly isn't over and he could still even be the lead back this year due to a Murray injury, but people do this every year: they want a younger player they invested in and believe strongly in to take over a lead role and it doesn't happen. It was the same story with John Brown and Fitz, and Cobb and Nelson, Cooper and Crabtree, heck even Garappolo and Brady, and so so many more. Good players don't just disappear because they're a year older, and younger players don't become studs simply because they were drafted highly. Every situation is unique, but you can usually count on the proven commodity, so I'm glad to see this refrain shine through yet again.
No one is bitter, I just don't think it proves what you think it proves. Everyone knew that if Murray was good to go he would start. He is a vet and he hasn't done anything to lose his job. The fact he ended up being able to play effectively Sunday when he was expected to be out or limited is not the statement you are saying it is.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Well I finally traded DeMarco on Wednesday. I still love the guy, he was one of my original picks in the inaugrual draft back in 2014, before his epic final season in Dallas. I feel, that I have enough depth at RB moving forward to win this year (currently 3-0). Here are the details of the trade:

DeMarco Murray and my 2019 3rd Round Pick FOR a 2019 1st Round Pick.

The team I dealt him to is 2-1 and without a 1st round pick for 2018. But, his team is getting old, FAST. His bench is atrocious and lacks youth.

Aaron Rodgers, Stefon Diggs, and Zach Ertz will help in the 2018-2019 season.

His other starters are Jordy, Fitz, Dez, Edelman, Lamar Miller, and now DeMarco. I feel that all 6 are in danger of a drastic decline in the 2018 season. Fitzgerald could be retired. Edelman could be out of N.E. Lamar and DeMarco could lose a ton of snaps to Foreman and Henry, respectively. Dez could continue to regress. And Jordy will be 33.

Judging upon the rest of the league, I highly doubt his team will compete in the 2018-2019 season. It should be a top 5 pick.

P.S. One very important side-note. I tried to trade Murray in the summer. I live around the Philadelphia area, and most of the league is comprised of Eagle fans who are still bitter over Murray's 2015 season with the Eagles. By far, the most difficult starter I ever tried to trade.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:32 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm Well I finally traded DeMarco on Wednesday. I still love the guy, he was one of my original picks in the inaugrual draft back in 2014, before his epic final season in Dallas. I feel, that I have enough depth at RB moving forward to win this year (currently 3-0). Here are the details of the trade:

The team I dealt him to is 2-1 and without a 1st round pick for 2018. But, his team is getting old, FAST. His bench is atrocious and lacks youth.

His other starters are Jordy, Fitz, Dez, Edelman, Lamar Miller, and now DeMarco. I feel that all 6 are in danger of a drastic decline in the 2018 season. Fitzgerald could be retired. Edelman could be out of N.E. Lamar and DeMarco could lose a ton of snaps to Foreman and Henry, respectively. Dez could continue to regress. And Jordy will be 33.

Judging upon the rest of the league, I highly doubt his team will compete in the 2018-2019 season. It should be a top 5 pick.

P.S. One very important side-note. I tried to trade Murray in the summer. I live around the Philadelphia area, and most of the league is comprised of Eagle fans who are still bitter over Murray's 2015 season with the Eagles. By far, the most difficult starter I ever tried to trade.
I understand the logic in speculating how good that 2019 pick might be, but man... it's a 2019 pick. That, combined with the fact that YOU had to add a 3rd on top... I feel like you basically sold Murray for a 2018 3rd rounder :/
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:55 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:32 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm Well I finally traded DeMarco on Wednesday. I still love the guy, he was one of my original picks in the inaugrual draft back in 2014, before his epic final season in Dallas. I feel, that I have enough depth at RB moving forward to win this year (currently 3-0). Here are the details of the trade:

I understand the logic in speculating how good that 2019 pick might be, but man... it's a 2019 pick. That, combined with the fact that YOU had to add a 3rd on top... I feel like you basically sold Murray for a 2018 3rd rounder :/
I dunno, I don't think a 1st in 2019 should be so devalued that the difference between it and an '18 3rd is only another 3rd. That's essentially what you're saying here right?

I like Murray a lot, and I own a lot of shares of him. I bought up a lot of him when most left him for dead when he was a bad fit in Chip's system in PHI. Sometimes you have to get creative and take picks a couple years away if you want a chance to get what you believe to be decent return for a player.

Given Murray's age, usage, and the presumption that he's an injury concern, it's going to be difficult to find a lot of owners who would be willing to give up a 1st for Murray. It would be easier if he was producing like he was in '16, but that's not the case so far. Plus Henry isn't going anywhere. I don't want to draw too many conclusions from 3 games this season since it's a small sample size and Murray has been hampered by an injury, but so far he hasn't been used close to the same way he was last season and he's not been nearly as productive. His 75 yard TD last week masked what was otherwise a lackluster game. I know you can't discount long plays, but you can't necessarily count on them on a weekly basis either.

Throwing out the week 2 where he got hurt (had 10 touches that game), he 14 touches week 1 and 15 touches week 3, with only 4 receptions total over 3 games. Things may change as the season goes on, but as a Murray owner that scares me a bit, especially the lack of involvement in the passing game. Murray was a bonafide stud RB1 in 2016, but I worry that he's more of a big play dependent RB2 this year. For all of these reasons, I think getting any 1st for him right now would be difficult in most situations. If I wasn't contending, or I was contending but didn't "need" Murray, then I'd have made the same move that TheRookiePro made. I'd rather take 80 cents on the dollar for a declining asset today then to wait a few more months and be left holding an asset that's worth 60 cents.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:51 am

If you have Murray and you're contending, you really don't have any other choice but to ride it out. His value will be in the pits next offseason at age 30. And at some point, they are probably going to give more carries to Henry.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:05 am

jtd1387 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:17 am
jcc6fd wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:06 am If Henry owners want to be bitter with me I'll wear it. His career certainly isn't over and he could still even be the lead back this year due to a Murray injury, but people do this every year: they want a younger player they invested in and believe strongly in to take over a lead role and it doesn't happen. It was the same story with John Brown and Fitz, and Cobb and Nelson, Cooper and Crabtree, heck even Garappolo and Brady, and so so many more. Good players don't just disappear because they're a year older, and younger players don't become studs simply because they were drafted highly. Every situation is unique, but you can usually count on the proven commodity, so I'm glad to see this refrain shine through yet again.
No one is bitter, I just don't think it proves what you think it proves. Everyone knew that if Murray was good to go he would start. He is a vet and he hasn't done anything to lose his job. The fact he ended up being able to play effectively Sunday when he was expected to be out or limited is not the statement you are saying it is.
First I have a hard time believing no one is bitter. If all the folks who were saying Henry would become the starter last week (his owners) were still here posting about it, I'd be willing to bet some bitterness would be leaking through. They were incredibly bold in their prediction of him seizing the lead role. Some said Murray was in Forte territory. That was ridiculous and it was all based on their assumption that Henry was taking over and Murray was fine for. They were wrong and short sided. Week 3 did prove that.

Secondly, you're right that Murray was not supposed to play week 3, and those who started Henry were justified in being surprised by that fact. I was surprised too. My point wasn't that one week proved Henry is forever a backup. My point is that even in a week where the proven vet was injured he still maintained his role. Murray could have sat last week but it would have just delayed the inevitable of him returning to start in week 4. Instead we got a much swifter answer to the starter delimma, no matter how unexpected. What this proves is that people were too quick to assume Henry was going to take the reigns.

I did come off a bit rude, and part of me meant to be braggadocious because I got this one right, but I sincerely wasn't trying to say those who believe in Henry are completely foolish. I was trying to say that those who were trading multiple 1sts for a guy who had a higher chance of remaining a backup than being not only a lead back but being worthy of stud prices should have known that proven commodities aren't unseated that easily; that expectations on Henry being more than a highly involved backup in 2017 were unfair and would lead to disappointment. That was in part proven week 3. My bet is it will continue to be proven as long as the Titans remain competitive this year.

If you want to trade multiple firsts for a 25 year old RB who hasn't started and has no clear path to starting that's fine. I'll make that trade and then package those for an early first and take someone drafted to be a starter, instead of clinging to the idea that an early 2015 first round pick has to be a stud, when the whole class simply wasn't good.