David Johnson - Code Red Panic? - Traded to Houston

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
timmahawk
Starter
Starter

Re: David Johnson worth in picks?

Postby timmahawk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:11 pm

slaughterrt wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. Actually I just took over a team that is quite awful and needs a big rebuild. The good thing is that the only two pieces worth a damn are DJ and Zeke. Both of whom I enjoy having but realistically I am looking at 2018 competing unless I get a haul or hit on a bunch of picks. I have a guy interested in DJ who has sent me a few offers but none that excite me. He does have 4 2017 1sts which intrigue me. Predicted picks would be 1.3, 1.5, and a couple late 1sts. Offered him DJ for all 4 1sts and got rejected. I wasn't shocked that it got declined, but I'm not sure what I should realistically expect. I'm certainly not against holding him but I've never been one to build around RBs (even RBs as good as these guys).

What would be a better offer? The two earlies and a late?
I just saw Zeke get traded for 3 '17 1sts and 1 '18 1st. So this is not out of line at all.

I'd def be targeting the 1.3, 1.5 and a few other pieces, maybe swap a late 17 for his 18 if you can. If he is stuck on keeping the picks, and you don't like the young WR's that he has, you might be better off dealing with another owner.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Coming out of the gate and hemorrhaging that many picks on David Johnson would be insane; although his play has warranted the hype, I just don't see how one can spend so much on such a volatile position. Could he be the next AP or phenomenal RB, absolutely, but you'd never find me sniffing such a price if I was trying to buy.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:24 pm

"Picks" is a very hard thing to say because like someone said a first is such a variance in value.

We talking Leonard fournette, dalvin cook and mike Williams territory? Or more Royce freeman, Courtland Sutton territory?

If it's a top 3 first, your certainly not going to get anyone on the planet to add three additional firsts to that.
If we are talking like 6,8,10,12 maybe someone would be dumb enough to overpay.

I would say David Johnson is worth 3 mid firsts. (5-9 range) I think that is very fair to say at this point. Would I pay that? Probably not. But I absolutely would want that if I was a seller.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:40 pm

slaughterrt wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. Actually I just took over a team that is quite awful and needs a big rebuild. The good thing is that the only two pieces worth a damn are DJ and Zeke. Both of whom I enjoy having but realistically I am looking at 2018 competing unless I get a haul or hit on a bunch of picks. I have a guy interested in DJ who has sent me a few offers but none that excite me. He does have 4 2017 1sts which intrigue me. Predicted picks would be 1.3, 1.5, and a couple late 1sts. Offered him DJ for all 4 1sts and got rejected. I wasn't shocked that it got declined, but I'm not sure what I should realistically expect. I'm certainly not against holding him but I've never been one to build around RBs (even RBs as good as these guys).

At the risk of turning this into an advice topic, I'd pause this discussion and check on the IR WRs.

Maybe the Watkins and/or Keenan Allen owner are contending and could use some punch at RB. They may even add pieces to get David Johnson. That, IMO, adds up better for you long term than just rookie picks.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:11 pm

DynoScout wrote:

At the risk of turning this into an advice topic, I'd pause this discussion and check on the IR WRs.

Maybe the Watkins and/or Keenan Allen owner are contending and could use some punch at RB. They may even add pieces to get David Johnson. That, IMO, adds up better for you long term than just rookie picks.
This. I would shoot for guys like Watkins, Arob, and Hopkins as their values have declined some. DJ and Zeke are both studs imo so you should be able to get one of those WRs +. In terms of picks I'd probably have to say at least 4 1st round picks
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:47 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote:4
No player in dynasty is worth 4 first round picks. And even then, those type of trades just don't happen much especially for an RB. Johnson is definitely in stud territory and worth 3 firsts right now, but why even trade him at this point? He's proving to be a consistent positonal advantage.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
No player in dynasty is worth 4 first round picks. And even then, those type of trades just don't happen much especially for an RB.
How can you say that no player is worth 4 picks, when we as a community admit that even 3 picks wouldn't pry away a large handful of studs? Most people on here would say that OBJ, Evans, Zeke, DJ, Gronk, Cooper, and maybe AJG, Bell, Hopkins, and ARob are all worth 3 firsts. So why is it crazy to say that the cream of that very creamy crop would command value in the way of 4 Firsts?

Value is relative to what someone will pay in each league AND what someone will sell him for. 4 may seem excessive but it's absolutely a fair appraisal of one of the best backs in football right now
Last edited by lukkynumber13 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Int he offseason i used the Kevin White hype to my advantage and packaged him and a 1st rounder for DJ, never liked White i only drafted him with the hopes of trading him to an owner that did and it worked out perfectly.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:39 am

Jason3123 wrote:
You would never get that.
Nor would I be looking to trade David Johnson for all picks so it would work out as planned
Phaded wrote:I would be surprised if you could get a young stud WR plus a 1st; but if you could - that would be a great idea.
Whomever you prefer of them.

I think aiming for a young stud WR is a good idea though.
This is where I would stray to as well. Get a quality player and a pick or 2. Shoot for some of the under-performing players like ARob/Nuk or Watkins and some extra. Maybe 1 1st with Nuk/ARob/Watkins because production actually matters now and Johnson is producing as well as anyone in the game.

I would feel better about a return that included a player we are reasonably sure of when dealing Johnson
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:42 pm

uhm .. yeah, I'm not selling DJ
@PlankMelody

vikesguy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vikesguy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Would you trade david johnson for watkins+oakland backfield?
10 team 1PPR 32 man roster-- starting requirements 1QB+1superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/K/Def

QBs- zach wilson, Justin fields, jalen hurts
Rbs- Antonio gibson, ettiene, dobbins/ gus
WRs- higgins, Metcalf, jeudy, devonta smith, waddle, elijah moore, bateman, gabriel davis
TEs- kittle, pitts, jonnu Smith
2022 1st

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:54 pm

vikesguy wrote:Would you trade david johnson for watkins+oakland backfield?
No chance.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flschbrger » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:40 am

Just for reference I was offered Alshon and (what will most likely be a top 3) 1st

I quickly shot it down
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:30 pm

I don't own DJ anywhere. I do, however, own zeke who I would value equal to DJ. Where I have him I am a contender and consider zeke a big part of my championship hopes so in straight picks I would likely turn down 4 1sts. On the other hand if I could get a back who is producing well this year plus a shot at the 1.1 and another 1st I would insta accept. Even a productive back and a couple mid 1sts would make me think about it.
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Would you trade David Johnson for #1

Postby skip » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:38 pm

This discussion has already taken place with both Bell (1.01/1.02) and Zeke (1.01/1.03) and in both cases the greater percentage of votes was for the player over the pair of picks. DJ is on par with both of these backs. Just the 1.01 is not enough.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.