General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Laquon Treadwell

Postby PingPwng » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:39 am

Giants wrote:
sloth8u wrote:
Giants wrote:Would you guys give Ward for Treadwell and Kevin White? I'm having a hard time with this one....
Yes, I would give ward, june, wally, and the beave for tread and white
Damn Autocorrect,

Ware*** for Treadwell and White
Yeah. I love Ware for 2017, but don't know if he can be a workhorse. We should see at least one more time in the playoffs, but the question still looms. Why not take a chance on two upside WRs over another RB?
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 am

yes, this is an easy accept this time of year. white and tread alone are worth more than ware. pair them up and this is a no brainer.

this time of year there are bargain buys and sells all over the place. this is clearly someone who has lost touch with value if they are willing to give white and tread for ware.

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:48 am

sloth8u wrote:yes, this is an easy accept this time of year. white and tread alone are worth more than ware. pair them up and this is a no brainer.

this time of year there are bargain buys and sells all over the place. this is clearly someone who has lost touch with value if they are willing to give white and tread for ware.
Yeah Agreed, he's thinking about a deal giving Perriman and White so i'm not sure which i like better yet...
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Both are good deals
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Black Adam wrote:
_yeti wrote:^which would explain why you have so many young recently hyped players. From your QBs, to your mediocre but fresh to the league rbs, your whole team is super young. It makes Evans look like a vet on your team. I'd clean up on the waiver wire in that league for sure. The vast majority of your team has 2 years or less in the league. Roster 40, keep 30, start 22. Hmmm. No thanks, dont know if that format provides the best opinions to people playing in dynasty where top 5 picks don't get churned the same year they are drafted. That's a unique league, and not in a very good way IMO.
Not gonna keep going back and forth with you bruh. I really don't care of what you think of one of my leagues that you never have/will be a part of. :wave:
You weren't going back and forth with me. That was the first thing I said to you. You had been talking to other people and I was agreeing with them. The title of the forum is "Dynasty League Discussion." You entered your league's valuation into the dynasty league discussion about Laquon Treadwell. Your league valuation significantly differs from the majority of our leagues, that's a fact. It's nothing personal. Treadwell is a first round NFL pick on a team with no offensive line. To equate lack of production in that one year with a bust is a mistake. Does that mean he will hit or be great? No. But to drop him is not something that should really be possible in any dynasty league.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:33 pm

_yeti wrote:
Black Adam wrote:
_yeti wrote:^which would explain why you have so many young recently hyped players. From your QBs, to your mediocre but fresh to the league rbs, your whole team is super young. It makes Evans look like a vet on your team. I'd clean up on the waiver wire in that league for sure. The vast majority of your team has 2 years or less in the league. Roster 40, keep 30, start 22. Hmmm. No thanks, dont know if that format provides the best opinions to people playing in dynasty where top 5 picks don't get churned the same year they are drafted. That's a unique league, and not in a very good way IMO.
Not gonna keep going back and forth with you bruh. I really don't care of what you think of one of my leagues that you never have/will be a part of. :wave:
You weren't going back and forth with me. That was the first thing I said to you. You had been talking to other people and I was agreeing with them. The title of the forum is "Dynasty League Discussion." You entered your league's valuation into the dynasty league discussion about Laquon Treadwell. Your league valuation significantly differs from the majority of our leagues, that's a fact. It's nothing personal. Treadwell is a first round NFL pick on a team with no offensive line. To equate lack of production in that one year with a bust is a mistake. Does that mean he will hit or be great? No. But to drop him is not something that should really be possible in any dynasty league.
Well said yeti...Black Adam, nothing to boast about when you can pick up top 5 rookies on waivers during their rookie year. But no need to be defensive when you were the one who seemed to brag about how good you are and how good your league is when it is quite honestly a joke format and not even close to a real dynasty.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Goodfellas
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Goodfellas » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Wow. All of this could make a Treadwell owner downright bummed out. Made me go back to Draft Breakdown to revisit some video. Great blocker, super at catching contested balls, knows how to come back to help his QB...Ahhh, that cheered me up, thank goodness film don't lie. Happy to hold on to the hope of seeing this kid emerge on an NFL field.
10 Team PPR | 31 Roster, 7 Taxi | QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, LB, DE, DB, Def Flex
QB - Winston, Prescott, Mayfield, Minshew
RB - Gurley, Mixon, R. Freeman, D. Johnson, D. Guice, Gio
WR - A-Rob, Godwin, Cooks, Sammy, C. Davis, T-Boyd, P. Campbell, P. Wilson, J. Washington
TE - Hooper, Njoku, C. Herndon
IDP - D. Leonard, J. Hicks, V. Bell, E. Reid, J. Allen

whaley88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby whaley88 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:08 pm

I got treadwell for 2.6 and 2.11 a few days ago. People are really down on him. I'd easily take him top 8 picks in this years draft. Amazing buy low right now

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:26 pm

There was a pro football reference query circling twitter the other day for "Rookies who played minimum 8 games with less than 2 targets/game". It is a disgusting list. First rounders who appeared on the list are:

Desmond Howard, Johnnie Morton, Daniel Graham, Thomas Lewis, Robert Meachem, Michael Jenkins, Rashaun Woods, Marcus Nash, and Mr. Treadwell.

The other names on it aren't very attractive either. Current WR's drafted inside the top 60 include only Brian Quick and Cody Latimer.

R.I.P. LaQuon Treadwell - 2016

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:05 pm

As a Treadwell owner, I'm obviously disappointed in his Rookie Season. I didn't expect or even hope for a decent amount of production, but I was at least hoping for a little bit of film on him and a few splash plays here and there. But right now he's a complete mystery.

Was his lack of playing time a product of a Coaching Staff that is notoriously hesitant to play Rookies? A product of some injuries that lingered throughout the season? A product of a team that lost it's starting QB in the pre-season, traded for a new QB before week 1, and then had it's OC quit mid-season? A product of Diggs emerging as a legit WR and Thieland making plays each and every week? I'm sure it was all of those circumstances played a part.

That's not to rid Treadwell of all the blame. I'm sure he wasn't practicing well and we know he wasn't playing well. Like most rookies, he certainly has his flaws.

I went back and watched a few highlight videos, and the first 3 plays of this reel made me remember why I liked him so much coming out of college:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bauQfZ8OmLk

Play 1 - Great route (slo-go), great physicality & body control (fight through the DEF PI), great catch (1-handed).
Play 2 - Great physicality and competitiveness breaking 3+ tackles for the TD.
Play 3 - Against Alabama, beats press coverage, creates some separation (not a lot, but enough), and the wins a contested catch at the point of attack.

It's plays like these that remind me of Dez Bryant. Not the fastest WR in the world nor the quickest. But he's physical, a very good route-runner, and elite catching skills especially in traffic. Dez doesn't catch a lot of wide-open passes like a WR like A. Brown or OBJ - he wins a lot of contested catches and earns his money on the outside of the field and in the red zone.

But that's also something that worries me. He's not leaving Minnesota anytime soon, and it doesn't appear that Bradford or Diggs or Theiland or Rudolph are leaving anytime soon either. Bradford is a low-risk, high % QB that takes zero risk and would rather checkdown a 3rd & 15 to Rudolph for 5 yards than throw a contested pass to a WR like Treadwell. I'm guessing that's also part of the reason why Treadwell didn't see more opportunities (playing time, targets) as a Rookie - Bradford has no interest in throwing outside the numbers to WR's that aren't clearly open.

Ultimately, my league de-values players like Treadwell to the point that it's probably not worth it to sell. If I could get a top6 pick in the 2016 draft and I was a young-ish team, I'd probably take the deal. But I don't see the point in trading him away for a mid-2nd considering we have basically zero NFL game-tape on a player that was once considered an absolute elite NFL prospect. Typing this out kind of reminds me of M. Lee coming out of USC (but I think Treadwell has better physical traits). Lee went to a bad situation, couldn't stay healthy, and didn't see the field much his 1st two seasons. But he seems to be turning a corner and looks like a solid prospect - I just wonder if Treadwell will get the opportunity in Minnesota in the next 1 - 2 years to provide the same Return on Investment.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Jason3123 wrote:There was a pro football reference query circling twitter the other day for "Rookies who played minimum 8 games with less than 2 targets/game". It is a disgusting list. First rounders who appeared on the list are:

Desmond Howard, Johnnie Morton, Daniel Graham, Thomas Lewis, Robert Meachem, Michael Jenkins, Rashaun Woods, Marcus Nash, and Mr. Treadwell.

The other names on it aren't very attractive either. Current WR's drafted inside the top 60 include only Brian Quick and Cody Latimer.

R.I.P. LaQuon Treadwell - 2016
But how much time did the players listed above actually see on the field? Did they run 10 routes per game and saw less than 2 targets per game? I know treadmill was battling ankle injuries all season and he didn't even play very many snaps during the season let alone run routes or get targets. If I can recall correctly, he only had a hand full of offensive snaps and a hand full of special teams snaps. I don't think we're comparing apples to apples.

And I don't own treadmill in any leagues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:07 pm

He still has the backing of his coaches, despite lack of playing time.

“I know he’s disappointed in the way things went. You know, we can go back and look at Trae Waynes didn’t play much his rookie year,” Zimmer said. “I can’t remember who else but these things happen to some of these rookies. So, I think you are always going to give young guys the benefit of the doubt as you continue to move forward.”

http://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2017/01 ... treadwell/
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 pm

PingPwng wrote:He still has the backing of his coaches, despite lack of playing time.

“I know he’s disappointed in the way things went. You know, we can go back and look at Trae Waynes didn’t play much his rookie year,” Zimmer said. “I can’t remember who else but these things happen to some of these rookies. So, I think you are always going to give young guys the benefit of the doubt as you continue to move forward.”

But what else is Zimmer gonna say? He was their 1st round pick. I don't see any coach going: "Yeah we blew that pick. He may not work out. At the very least, he's not the stud WR we thought he was"
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:24 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote:
PingPwng wrote:He still has the backing of his coaches, despite lack of playing time.

But what else is Zimmer gonna say? He was their 1st round pick. I don't see any coach going: "Yeah we blew that pick. He may not work out. At the very least, he's not the stud WR we thought he was"
The point is to counter any reasoning that he was potentially benched because the coaches don't believe in him. Zimmer goes on the say that his feet hurt to start the season, struggled to get healthy until a certain point, and then finally Treadwell was hurt in the game against the Jaguars and was essentially unable to play the remainder of the season.

I don't think it's Zimmer posturing to save face on the use of the 1st round pick. Glass half full, y'know?

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu May 25, 2017 4:39 am

I know it's not much and maybe he should have been in this spot since last year but Treadwell is running with the first team to start OTAs. Also, Rotoworld is reporting, "A GIF circulated Wednesday of Treadwell beating Xavier Rhodes for a long catch from Sam Bradford." A GIF makes it official, he's no bust haha
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant