General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Laquon Treadwell

Postby PingPwng » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:17 pm

jteezy wrote:
Black Adam wrote:

Didn't invest, I scooped him off waivers for nothing ('cept a roster space).

Just out of curiosity, are there any WRs in recent memory who had a rookie season this bad that turned it around by year 3?
Alshon I believe
Although, Alshon had 300+ yds and 3td's in 2012, his rookie year.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Antonio Brown had 167 yards & 0 TDs in 9 games as a rookie.

Note: I in no way think Treadwell will ever compare to AB.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Black Adam wrote:
Phaded wrote:
Black Adam wrote:So....how much more time before we can safely cut bait?
I'm not a Treadwell fan at all - but if you invested in him it's too early to talk like this. I would say 3 years if he is still bad - get rid of him.

Unless you can find a buyer who offers a decent price.

Didn't invest, I scooped him off waivers for nothing ('cept a roster space).

Just out of curiosity, are there any WRs in recent memory who had a rookie season this bad that turned it around by year 3?
rosters are 40 deep and you've managed to scoop tread off the ww. lol....probably just a hold for 3 yrs unless you get a very nice offer in your case. i never get too excited about selling a ww gem. some flame out, some find success. in your case, you own the concensus 1.2 rookie from last draft. just hold him if you arent getting the price you want.

in general..if you dont like tread because of this year....you didnt really like him anyways and should have drafted someone else. you dont take a guy here and move him after he received 3 targets!...unless of course, you didint do your homework or receive a nice offer. draft the guys that your comfortable waiting on or selling for a nice price!

in terms of other wrs who have done this...does it really matter? whatever investment owners have in a top prospect like tread....you need to see what he can do before moving on at a discount or at minimum...a new rookie/vet that you like.

if selling him, id gladly take a top 5 today...but who's paying that? the better option would be to try to sell him during your draft. maybe when someone that you like better is on the board with the pick on the clock. no way im trading him for a random shot in the dark at this point.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:37 pm

If Treadwell is/was on your league's waiver wire then you don't play in a dynasty league and you're on the wrong website...
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Coogan Football wrote:If Treadwell is/was on your league's waiver wire then you don't play in a dynasty league and you're on the wrong website...
That was my thought exactly! Has to be a total joke of a league where top 5 rookie picks are dropped their rookie season.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Coogan Football wrote:If Treadwell is/was on your league's waiver wire then you don't play in a dynasty league and you're on the wrong website...
Not everyone has the patience to hang on to fantasy duds, especially when they are rookies that show no promise that first season. The team that dropped him ended up losing in the finals last week and also drafted Zeke (1st overall pick, linear rookie drafts, Tread went 11th.), so I guess he wanted similar rookie success.

Again, I did not draft him but if I did I might have dropped him out of frustration as well. :think:
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🥇
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🥇

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Black Adam wrote:
Not everyone has the patience to hang on to fantasy duds, especially when they are rookies that show no promise that first season. The team that dropped him ended up losing in the finals last week and also drafted Zeke (1st overall pick, linear rookie drafts, Tread went 11th.), so I guess he wanted similar rookie success.

Again, I did not draft him but if I did I might have dropped him out of frustration as well. :think:

Yeah people are weird with their investments. One guy in my league dropped Perriman to make room on his roster during the season, and then another guy dropped Josh Doctson a couple weeks ago.

Got both of them off waivers. Uncontested, no other bids as well.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:00 pm

PingPwng wrote:
Black Adam wrote:

Yeah people are weird with their investments. One guy in my league dropped Perriman to make room on his roster during the season, and then another guy dropped Josh Doctson a couple weeks ago.

Got both of them off waivers. Uncontested, no other bids as well.
if you can roster 40 guys and one of the top prospects can be claimed off waivers.....its tough to consider this a "competitive" league. either way...nice pick up. he may never catch another ball for all we know.

go check out the help wanted if you want a more competitive experience while dominating that league.

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:15 pm

sloth8u wrote:
if you can roster 40 guys and one of the top prospects can be claimed off waivers.....its tough to consider this a "competitive" league. either way...nice pick up. he may never catch another ball for all we know.

go check out the help wanted if you want a more competitive experience while dominating that league.
Only roster 21. But it's a league of friends. Two of them often forget to set their lineups. I enjoy it because of its history and getting the chance to beat my friends. Honestly, I've wanted to make our league more competitive, but that would likely involve cutting guys that are decent friends to either me or the commissioner.

Not sure how invested I'd be in another league of people I didn't know.

Back to Treadwell. I researched him and I believed in him then. Not dropping him just because of this season. He showed great fundamentals.

Some things I've thought about:

Lack of separation - Had it in college and it potentially being worse in his transition to the NFL.
His emotional investment - He is competitive. He had a daughter in High School and she motivated him to fight for her through his college career. Success in the NFL is his goal.
Overall pedigree - He's been highly analyzed since being a 5-star recruit out of High School.
Injury - It appeared to be a factor in his combine statistics, despite having a successful season a year removed from injury.
Football smarts - Not heavily criticized for scheme/playbook issues in college. But he was lost on plays made for him while the season was already halfway done. Nerves?

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 am

sloth8u wrote:if you can roster 40 guys and one of the top prospects can be claimed off waivers.....its tough to consider this a "competitive" league. either way...nice pick up. he may never catch another ball for all we know.

Nah, I'm good. I enjoy going H2H against people I actually know compared to the leagues I play in versus random strangers.

Also, it may sound like 40 man rosters are big but that's starting 11 on O and 11 IDPs, and no IR spots or taxi squad. There really isn't a lot of roster space to hold people that aren't producing (and aren't even proven/guaranteed to produce at some point).

As for Perriman, I bailed midway through the year. He and White still haven't shown me enough that they'll warrant fantasy consideration. Jury is still out on Doctson...

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:50 am

Black Adam wrote:
sloth8u wrote:if you can roster 40 guys and one of the top prospects can be claimed off waivers.....its tough to consider this a "competitive" league. either way...nice pick up. he may never catch another ball for all we know.

Nah, I'm good. I enjoy going H2H against people I actually know compared to the leagues I play in versus random strangers.

Also, it may sound like 40 man rosters are big but that's starting 11 on O and 11 IDPs, and no IR spots or taxi squad. There really isn't a lot of roster space to hold people that aren't producing (and aren't even proven/guaranteed to produce at some point).

As for Perriman, I bailed midway through the year. He and White still haven't shown me enough that they'll warrant fantasy consideration. Jury is still out on Doctson...
^which would explain why you have so many young recently hyped players. From your QBs, to your mediocre but fresh to the league rbs, your whole team is super young. It makes Evans look like a vet on your team. I'd clean up on the waiver wire in that league for sure. The vast majority of your team has 2 years or less in the league. Roster 40, keep 30, start 22. Hmmm. No thanks, dont know if that format provides the best opinions to people playing in dynasty where top 5 picks don't get churned the same year they are drafted. That's a unique league, and not in a very good way IMO.

As for Treadwell, once again, the offensive line is the most important component in football. It is what allows the whole machine to run. The Vikings are a dumpster fire because of it. His game has been compared to Alshon when still a top prospect. Nothing has changed about that. Alshon's non-factor rookie season would be worse on the 2016 Vikes and you wonder if it wouldnt mirror Treadwell's. Bailing on Treadwell this early is horrible strategy in any league
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:16 am

_yeti wrote:^which would explain why you have so many young recently hyped players. From your QBs, to your mediocre but fresh to the league rbs, your whole team is super young. It makes Evans look like a vet on your team. I'd clean up on the waiver wire in that league for sure. The vast majority of your team has 2 years or less in the league. Roster 40, keep 30, start 22. Hmmm. No thanks, dont know if that format provides the best opinions to people playing in dynasty where top 5 picks don't get churned the same year they are drafted. That's a unique league, and not in a very good way IMO.
Not gonna keep going back and forth with you bruh. I really don't care of what you think of one of my leagues that you never have/will be a part of. :wave:

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:37 am

Would you guys give Ward for Treadwell and Kevin White? I'm having a hard time with this one....
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:43 am

Giants wrote:Would you guys give Ward for Treadwell and Kevin White? I'm having a hard time with this one....
Yes, I would give ward, june, wally, and the beave for tread and white

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:36 am

sloth8u wrote:
Giants wrote:Would you guys give Ward for Treadwell and Kevin White? I'm having a hard time with this one....
Yes, I would give ward, june, wally, and the beave for tread and white
Damn Autocorrect,

Ware*** for Treadwell and White
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud