Laquon Treadwell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Laquon Treadwell

Postby FiremanEd » Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 am

The fact people are pumping up a single play during offseason OTA's about a guy making a catch says more than the fact the play happened. Clearly tough times.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu May 25, 2017 6:09 am

FiremanEd wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 am The fact people are pumping up a single play during offseason OTA's about a guy making a catch says more than the fact the play happened. Clearly tough times.
Gotta do something to get through the offseason! Seems fair based on everybody willing to draw bust conclusions from the absence of plays like that despite Zimmer's known tendency to be slow to trust rookies and a team that couldn't protect the QB and could only do quick hitters which aren't Treadwell's strong suit. Good news is good news in my book, even small good news is the right direction
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Thu May 25, 2017 9:59 am

Also a blurb from Rotoworld:

"
Vikings OC Pat Shurmur said the team has been "really pleased" with Laquon Treadwell's progress this offseason.
"He came back and he was really on point with what he’s supposed to be doing mentally," Shurmur said. "He’s been out here competing and doing a nice job running routes and catching the ball." The comments came after a practice in which Treadwell ran with the first-team offense. The Vikings brought in contingency plans this offseason, but Treadwell seems to be doing his part to ensure they are not needed.
"

Still 'treading' carefully with my faith in Treadwell. He's a hold for now, for me.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm

_yeti wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:09 am
FiremanEd wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 am The fact people are pumping up a single play during offseason OTA's about a guy making a catch says more than the fact the play happened. Clearly tough times.
Gotta do something to get through the offseason! Seems fair based on everybody willing to draw bust conclusions from the absence of plays like that despite Zimmer's known tendency to be slow to trust rookies and a team that couldn't protect the QB and could only do quick hitters which aren't Treadwell's strong suit. Good news is good news in my book, even small good news is the right direction
Zimmer's lack of trust in rookies and a short passing game would be valid concerns if it weren't for the fact that he ended up with 3 targets on the whole season, even Doctson had more and he only played like two series all year

I'm tempted to buy on Tread since his price is so low and he's only 21 (22 in a couple weeks) but I wouldn't hold my breath on production from him since it's still the same HC and Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph are all still there AND they added Cook/Murray so they'll have a much better run game than last year, I just don't see a ton of targets available for him
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu May 25, 2017 1:46 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm
Zimmer's lack of trust in rookies and a short passing game would be valid concerns if it weren't for the fact that he ended up with 3 targets on the whole season, even Doctson had more and he only played like two series all year

I'm tempted to buy on Tread since his price is so low and he's only 21 (22 in a couple weeks) but I wouldn't hold my breath on production from him since it's still the same HC and Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph are all still there AND they added Cook/Murray so they'll have a much better run game than last year, I just don't see a ton of targets available for him
We don't look at fantasy the same. I don't see targets as being apportioned in the offseason in that way. He's got the highest pedigree in that WR corps and a different skill set than Diggs. Having a better run game only benefits WRs in my book, as does the Vikes taking steps to improve their OLine. So I disagree about pretty much everything.

It remains to be seen if he can get separation in the NFL. That is what it comes down to, and that is a question of his ability and not dependent on the other skill players on the team. It was a short passing game by necessity not design. If they could have thrown the towel in midseason they probably would have. I think any down field threat would suffer in that situation including the best WRs in the league. Also, same HC but now Treadwell is more seasoned and no longer a rookie. Now a second year with more knowledge of the system and more trust of the coaching staff.

Does that mean Treadwell can and will fulfill his Alshon-like potential? Not at all, but I try to do more than look at stats and project them forward (targets or production). I'm not as high on him as this makes it sound but I think he still deserves plenty more opportunity before being labeled a bust.

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu May 25, 2017 1:52 pm

_yeti wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:46 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm

We don't look at fantasy the same. I don't see targets as being apportioned in the offseason in that way. He's got the highest pedigree in that WR corps and a different skill set than Diggs. Having a better run game only benefits WRs in my book, as does the Vikes taking steps to improve their OLine. So I disagree about pretty much everything.

It remains to be seen if he can get separation in the NFL. That is what it comes down to, and that is a question of his ability and not dependent on the other skill players on the team. It was a short passing game by necessity not design. If they could have thrown the towel in midseason they probably would have. I think any down field threat would suffer in that situation including the best WRs in the league. Also, same HC but now Treadwell is more seasoned and no longer a rookie. Now a second year with more knowledge of the system and more trust of the coaching staff.

Does that mean Treadwell can and will fulfill his Alshon-like potential? Not at all, but I try to do more than look at stats and project them forward (targets or production). I'm not as high on him as this makes it sound but I think he still deserves plenty more opportunity before being labeled a bust.
I dont think he's a bust either, I'm generally just very wary of receivers who only had one good year in college and got drafted high as a result a la Kevin White
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu May 25, 2017 8:38 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:52 pm I dont think he's a bust either, I'm generally just very wary of receivers who only had one good year in college and got drafted high as a result a la Kevin White
I dont think that is an accurate representation of either WR imo. I feel there are extenuating circumstances myself but I understand if others differ.

White played 2 years at JuCo before transferring. Furthermore he was redshirted his first year JuCo and lost a year of eligibility due to late paperwork. He could NOT play more than 2 seasons as he was a senior his last year. So it is not as if he played 4 years at a major college and only had 1 good season. Rather he's a WR who despite limited experience, put up strong division 1 college production in the 1 year he had a key role as a starter.

Treadwell broke his leg in his 2nd season, so again we dont know what the full production of that season would have been. It does seem likely though that had he stayed healthy his receptions, tds & yards per catch would have increased in each season.

Now none of this suggests or is an argument for them being a lock to succeed in the NFL - just that they shouldnt be pigeonholed into the "1 year of college production" stereotype.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri May 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Treadwell owner who thinks he's a hold (due to his value being so low). Went and watched the 'hype video' and it was clearly a situation where Rhodes was trying to intercept the ball. Real game he would have easily reached in and knocked it away. It was disappointing... was hoping for something that would provide hope and signs of something to come. Just showed lack of speed and separation, something we already knew he struggles with.

Continuing to hold... because the bottom can't go much lower.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Shcritters wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:40 pm Treadwell owner who thinks he's a hold (due to his value being so low). Went and watched the 'hype video' and it was clearly a situation where Rhodes was trying to intercept the ball. Real game he would have easily reached in and knocked it away. It was disappointing... was hoping for something that would provide hope and signs of something to come. Just showed lack of speed and separation, something we already knew he struggles with.

Continuing to hold... because the bottom can't go much lower.
Yeah, I watched it. It was a pretty mundane catch.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 26, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm pretty excited Devante Parker is finally eating breakfast. Sometimes we take what we can get.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri May 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:12 pm
I'm pretty excited Devante Parker is finally eating breakfast. Sometimes we take what we can get.
It IS the most important meal of the day

Big, if true

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:09 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:12 pm
Hahaha this cracked me up.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Fri May 26, 2017 11:30 pm

I've been at OTAs in Eden Prairie all three days and Treadwell looks good. Noticeably more comfortable with where to be, what do and just generally more sure of himself judging by body language.

Last year, you could tell in practice that he was struggling with the routimentary stuff like how many strides to take his route, option routes, etc. Looked like a rookie.

Judging by his body language alone as far as looking confident and aware and knowing what he's supposed to do when the ball is snapped, it's night and day even at this early stage. Take that for what it's worth.

I'm not anointing him as the next Megatron or even saying he won't be a bust still. Just relaying what I'm seeing.

I think the coaching staff and front office wants him to succeed still and are putting him in positions in drills and team O vs D activities where he has a chance to compete against Rhodes, Newman and company to gain confidence.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

jabomb
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jabomb » Sat May 27, 2017 3:16 pm

Just completed a FFPC startup (20 rounds incl DST & PK) and MegaQuon went undrafted. Oh the humanity!

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat May 27, 2017 4:56 pm

jabomb wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:16 pm Just completed a FFPC startup (20 rounds incl DST & PK) and MegaQuon went undrafted. Oh the humanity!
I get the hate on him but no way should he be undrafted