How good is fiedorowicz?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

time to scoop up Fiedorowicz?

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:49 am

I know he's been dropped in a ton of leagues. Only 3% ownership on fleaflicker.

We know he has the measurables. It's year 3 for the TE which is usually when the light bulb really start to turn on. He's gotten 13 targets over the last two weeks, converting on 8 of them.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Re: time to scoop up Fiedorowicz?

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:09 am

Jeez keep it on the down low man!! I'm swiping him up in my 1st team to give me some depth. He shows an ability to make tough catches in traffic and box out on jump balls. He isn't the greatest at seperating out of his breaks, but as we've seen with Kelvin Benjamin and other big WRs, you don't need seperation. As long as he continues to show soft hands and jump ball capabilities I'm buying. That TD he had against the Titans was nice.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:21 am

alewilliam789 wrote:Jeez keep it on the down low man!! I'm swiping him up in my 1st team to give me some depth. He shows an ability to make tough catches in traffic and box out on jump balls. He isn't the greatest at seperating out of his breaks, but as we've seen with Kelvin Benjamin and other big WRs, you don't need seperation. As long as he continues to show soft hands and jump ball capabilities I'm buying. That TD he had against the Titans was nice.
Yea, the TD was VERY nice. I love his college film too.

RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:39 am

I still prefer Anderson - but if he's free, why not?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm very hesitant with any TE in that passing offense. However, if you have the space and he's free.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:14 pm

Phaded wrote:I still prefer Anderson - but if he's free, why not?
I like Anderson too, but it would be VERY long odds for an UFDA rookie TE to offer any significance this year. He's a nice stash for sure. Fiedorowicz could do damage as early as now though.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:55 am

...might be more than just "why not?" now.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

How good is fiedorowicz?

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Wasn't able to watch Sunday night football, but how did he do? Was he a difference maker? Did he look impressive? Or was this a product of a bad defense?
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Re: How good is fiedorowicz?

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:56 pm

He looked like a JAG to me last night. The safety(s) left the middle open and stayed shaded towards Nuk all night, therefore making it much easier for CJF If I recall most of CJF's catches/targets came late in the game when they were down.

I was at the game last night and had sweet seats on the 50yd line right behind the Colts' bench so I was able to see everything nice and up close.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Coogs, we all had sweet seats on the 50, it's called HD playa! Just kidding, that's cool though. Too bad it was sort of a meh game for 56 minutes. I lost one matchup from flipping the coin and choosing to go Clay instead of CJF to fill in for Reed last minute. I think he looked ok, but that's it. I don't like Oz or the passing offense and they seem to rotate CJF, Griffin, and Anderson a little too much when all are healthy to rely on one for consistency.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:58 pm

Friction wrote:Coogs, we all had sweet seats on the 50, it's called HD playa! Just kidding, that's cool though. Too bad it was sort of a meh game for 56 minutes. I lost one matchup from flipping the coin and choosing to go Clay instead of CJF to fill in for Reed last minute. I think he looked ok, but that's it. I don't like Oz or the passing offense and they seem to rotate CJF, Griffin, and Anderson a little too much when all are healthy to rely on one for consistency.
Lol well I mean I could see the whole field, not just what was in the camera frame. This was a "business" trip anyways so they bought the tickets for me and flew me in for the weekend as a favor, I'll take it though!

Osweiler had some easy throws last night that he just couldn't complete, his accuracy sucks. I haven't looked at the snap counts yet , but CJF seemed to get a much larger share of them over the other TEs.

For the IDP side I noticed that Clayton Geathers played down in the box more like a LB last night, that should be pretty good for his fantasy production like Deone Bucannon last year.

And I agree, the game was boring as hell until the middle of the 3rd quarter.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:11 pm

- Fiedorowicz was a target ghost before Anderson and Miller pulled their hammies. When they return to full health, you can probably expect Fiedorowicz's recent uptick in targets to drop back down again. When everyone was healthy, Anderson, Fiedorowicz, Griffin, and Miller/Strong from out of the slot were all sharing the targets and check-downs in the same area of the field (i.e. between the hash-marks, short-intermediate), making none of them fantasy useful.

- Speaking of Anderson, it seems clear to me O'Brien is keen on a rotation at TE when all his players are healthy and available. Griffin also catches a few balls every week. They all get a chunk of snaps. So basically, Fiedorowicz is a rotational TE. Most TEs are upside limited in fantasy enough as it is without also being in a committee situation.

- Regardless of everything, Osweiler is probably going to get O'Brien and possibly the GM fired in a year or two, and then who knows what's happening with any of these JAG and flier-types selected by them.

Fiedo is just a guy, in my opinion. I'd also like to point out that an undrafted rookie (Anderson) at a position with a notorious learning curve like TE taking snaps away from the veterans either says something good about the rookie, or something bad about the two veterans. I lean toward the latter, in this case.
Coogan Football wrote:I haven't looked at the snap counts yet , but CJF seemed to get a much larger share of them over the other TEs.
Well, for one thing, Anderson wasn't even active because he's been injured. An interval of time which has coincided exactly with Fiedo's recent target spike. As for Griffin, he's actually the depth-chart leader for targets so far, with 30, and he got 16 targets over this three week stretch that Fiedo got 20, including 5 the other night while FIedo got 7.

So as you can see, it's been a near-even rotation with FIedo and Griffin, with Anderson mixing in for some snaps himself when he was playing. Throw in a mediocre/bad quarterback and a solid commitment to the running-game, and this is not a fantasy TE situation with much reliability or upside for anyone involved. Unless something changes, of course.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:41 pm

edited for great justice
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:36 am

free upside. im clearly higher on him than everyone else though. obrien specifically told fiedor to be ready for an increased workload a couple weeks ago. if you wanna say thats due to injuries - fine, but the fact is that he's produced better than all of them with his opportunity. that's an uptick in fiedor stock. he's just as good, if not better, than any other flyer considering he costs nothing.

also, i think it would be pretty short sighted to just brush off a young prospect who has strung 3 games together. especially considering his very good athletic upside. for free. 14/200/2 over three games for a year 3 TE should make everyone raise their eyebrows at least a bit. nobody here has enough insight to completely write that off.

80th percentile in SPARQ
70th percentile college dominator
60th percentile breakout age

These are all high upside indicators and the guy is playing well.
Last edited by TheSpidersFromMars on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:44 am

Lol well I mean I could see the whole field, not just what was in the camera frame. This was a "business" trip anyways so they bought the tickets for me and flew me in for the weekend as a favor, I'll take it though!

Business trips to sporting events are awesome. My boss is a big Queens fan, so he gave me tickets to the game vs. the Cards later this year. New stadium and all they were fairly pricey tickets, the fact that they are playing well at the moment obviously does not hurt that either (until the inevitable Seattle playoff loss or some crippling fumble/missed FG/bad luck that the franchise is magnetized to happens). I am hoping Carson gets it together so it is a competitive game, or AZ at least is in the hunt. Regardless, Mn should be playing for something at that point still and live games no matter who is playing are a good experience.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry