Could JTLoh be the Anti-Prophet?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Could JTLoh be the Anti-Prophet?

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:34 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:53 am I could add a lot of names to this list. The problem is many of the members of this forum are disproportionately biased towards players they own and don't have the ability to be objective, that leads to a lot of incorrect speculation and name calling unfortunately.
That seems like the glass half empty view of posters on this forum. What if they are "biased" towards the players they own because they liked them more than everyone else to begin with so they drafted/traded for them. I really doubt most people completely change their position on a player if they somehow own him in a league. It's a self fulfilling prophecy where I like Evans more than most so I'm much more likely to trade for him and have him on my teams. Or I don't like Mixon at all. Not because I don't own him but I don't think he's a good player so I'll never be willing to pay what it takes to own him.

Not to mention if everyone was "unbiased" (impossible) this forum would be boring. The whole point is to hear different opinions. Generally the consensus works much better than any individual's biased takes.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:42 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:29 am I for one wouldnt be surprised to hear if

JTLoh was very high on Keenan Allen
Well this didn't age well.

Anyway, this thread's OP is a sh*tpost that should have been deleted or at least locked. There's nothing constructive or useful about this. Mildly infuriating that the exposé on Coogan was deleted, but this cringy bait is still around.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:04 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:42 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:29 am I for one wouldnt be surprised to hear if

Anyway, this thread's OP is a sh*tpost that should have been deleted or at least locked. There's nothing constructive or useful about this. Mildly infuriating that the exposé on Coogan was deleted, but this cringy bait is still around.
I get your perspective nino. It's a hard time of year in March/April after the first wave of free-agency and pre-draft. Not a whole lot to talk about (unless you get a blockbuster trade like Cooks to the Rams) so people are cooking up all kinds of topics for "discussion".

And hats-off to JTLoh for being someone that can laugh at their past takes and not get offended. Well done, and I know I haven't always been your biggest supporter. But you took this in stride and I respect that.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:46 am

The timing of it suggests it was simply in regards to the injury KA had suffered a few weeks prior.

I didn't see anything wrong with this thread as long as JTLoh is OK with this and it plays out in a nice manner. The moment he says otherwise, i think there is a high enough level of maturity here where it would have been ended. If anything, this one is more calm than many others discussing the future (which no one can predict and yet we think we know) of the same polarizing players.

As stated, there isn't much to discuss which we haven't already discussed. Perhaps you'd be interested in starting a thread in which we're all itching to state our perspectives?
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am

Yeah this thread was from 2016 - it was JTLoh himself who revived it. This was meant as playful satire. Satire is known to have its uses. Furthermore imitation is a form of flattery and I have said multiple times that I like & appreciate what JTLoh brings to the forums. At no time have I or would I personally attack him and as far as I am aware nothing I said comes remotely close to some of the trash talk I have seen in leagues or some of the more heated arguments on these forums.

The fact that JTLoh went back and read the thread & actually bumped it up and had no problems with it is something that I am glad to know, and had he approached me and said he was bothered by it I would have willingly apologized.

If a poster does not like this thread then they are free to move onto threads that they do find useful to themselves. Having said that, it is unlikely that I attempt another bit of satire, as my sense of humour seems to go over some peoples heads, and I'll keep most of my jokes to where they are best served:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113841

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:58 pm

dlf_jules wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:41 am
thebeast wrote: As Valhalla mentioned some type of karma score would be great.
I hereby assign myself a karma score of 1. Everyone else remains at 0. Problem solved!
:clap: ...but seriously ONLY 1?
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:17 am

If I recall, didnt JTLoh say back in 2016 that he was going RB over WR going forward? Reason Im remembering something like that is because it was pretty hot takey at the time. Nice call man.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Whatever happened to Coogan? Is he still around? He used to post everywhere.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:20 pm

when that saints guy missed diggs on the minnehaha miracle he gave up football forever to sell used vacuum cleaners & toilet plungers on ebay
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci