Red Shirting Rules

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
softbatch
Rookie
Rookie

Red Shirting Rules

Postby softbatch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:19 am

My Co-Commissioners are considering adding a redshirt style position. What are some of the rule sets you guys and gals have come up with for designating Redshirts. Do you allow someone like Kelvin Benjamin last year to be put on there? Or is it limited to Rookies. We're not going to do Devy spots.
Dynasty QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB, WR, TE), PPR, KR/PR yds
QB - Cam Newton, Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Jalen Hurts
RB - Todd Gurley, Christian McCaffery, James Conner, David Johnson, Cam Akers, A.J. Dillon
WR - Allen Robinson, Corey Davis, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Keenan Allen, D.J. Moore, N'Keal Harry, Van Jefferson, Bryan Edwards, Denzel Mims
TE - Evan Engram, Christopher Herndon, Tyler Higbee

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Red Shirting Rules

Postby skip » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:29 am

Is your league a salary cap league?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Red Shirting Rules

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:36 am

Most call that a Taxi Squad. Can make it whatever you want, but my league is only rookies can be sent there, however they can stay as long as you want. Once any player comes up, they can't go back down.

I'd limit injuries to IR designation.

Salary Cap adds a different wrinkle if you want to impact a teams cap.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:00 pm

it would be fine so long as they do notb try to ram it through immediately . Adeal like that in an established league should be implemented a year into the future so everyone has time to plan accordingly. If they wish to do it after the draft, it sounds like they just have a couple of rookies they want to keep but think they will get little to nothing from this year and want to gain a roster spot. In that case I would pitch a fit on principle as it could have affected your draft ranking/selections.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:10 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:it would be fine so long as they do notb try to ram it through immediately . Adeal like that in an established league should be implemented a year into the future so everyone has time to plan accordingly. If they wish to do it after the draft, it sounds like they just have a couple of rookies they want to keep but think they will get little to nothing from this year and want to gain a roster spot. In that case I would pitch a fit on principle as it could have affected your draft ranking/selections.
Agree...some tried to argue a taxi squad in one of my recent startups...of course it's after some of us traded away future picks.

softbatch
Rookie
Rookie

Postby softbatch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 pm

We haven't drafted yet. I don't really have a problem with it I'm just trying to make sure we have a robust rule-set for it.
RB - Todd Gurley, Christian McCaffery, James Conner, David Johnson, Cam Akers, A.J. Dillon
WR - Allen Robinson, Corey Davis, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Keenan Allen, D.J. Moore, N'Keal Harry, Van Jefferson, Bryan Edwards, Denzel Mims

softbatch
Rookie
Rookie

Postby softbatch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:27 pm

skip wrote:Is your league a salary cap league?
No, I haven't played in a salary league yet

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Two of my leagues have 4 taxi spots. A player may be added to the taxi squad through the end of his 3rd year in the league. However, once he is promoted from a teams taxi squad he may not be demoted again by the same team unless he is dropped and added again via free agency, waivers, or trade. If the player is traded to a new team, or acquired by other means by a new team, he is again eligible to be demoted through the end of his 3rd year in the league.

WashingtonFever
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WashingtonFever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Only players drafted during the year can be on it. Also have assigned draft pick value to them so that any team can claim them and an assigned value is already there determined by the owners pre-season kick-off. We have two and can assign one 3rd round pick and one 4th round pick. Some use it for depth, some use it for bait, etc... The only rule is that you can't use that person in a starting line-up and if you do you must clear space for them. There are other rules too on how to claim, etc.... but won't go into the specifics. It's neat and an easy way to essentially expand rosters and make draft picks a little more valuable.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:27 pm

softbatch wrote:
skip wrote:Is your league a salary cap league?
No, I haven't played in a salary league yet
One of my leagues uses a taxi squad and I don't understand why. If there isn't a salary cap then there is no penalty for having players on a roster vs a taxi squad... Just expand rosters.

softbatch
Rookie
Rookie

Postby softbatch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Basically we have 15 starters and a 32 man roster including IDPs. Maximum players in each position are 6. This would allow you to store a seventh player on IR even if they aren't eligible for IR.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:20 pm

softbatch wrote:Basically we have 15 starters and a 32 man roster including IDPs. Maximum players in each position are 6. This would allow you to store a seventh player on IR even if they aren't eligible for IR.
Voting to eliminate positional limits would make a lot more sense. Otherwise you are just pushing your problem back a year.

softbatch
Rookie
Rookie

Postby softbatch » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

skip wrote:
softbatch wrote:Basically we have 15 starters and a 32 man roster including IDPs. Maximum players in each position are 6. This would allow you to store a seventh player on IR even if they aren't eligible for IR.
Voting to eliminate positional limits would make a lot more sense. Otherwise you are just pushing your problem back a year.
I brought that up, we're going to discuss it.