carlos hyde

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

carlos hyde

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 am

How do you feel about hyde these days? Thinking about trading doctson for him. Need rb, set at wr.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: carlos hyde

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:58 am

I can see that especially for a contending team , obviously hyde needs to be more durable but if so I think chip's offense is tailor made for him to really be a solid back end rb1 or high end rb2 . Doctson this year will not help you much I doubt and hyde could propel you to the top of the pile.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:50 am

Any other rb's in that range who I may want to think about? I think it's pretty even. My partner likes it aswell. I'm not going to haggle much here. Just want to grab a rb prospect from somebody looking for a wr prospect.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:29 am

I like hyde's upside as much as anyone in that range as far as a rental probably one of the older established guys near him in DLF rankings would work as well or better . But for the combo of short term and possible long term upside hyde is a good choice imo.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:09 am

Tried to get Hyde for 1.06 - which could end up being Doctson - but failed.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:37 am

I would stay away from Hyde if you need short term RB help even though the tape for Hyde is not bad. Much safer options available in his range. SF is a rebuild team right now. Complete lack of offensive skill position around him. The OL was one of the worst rushing lines last year and as we saw with PHI last year (who also had one of the worst rushing OL units) Chip is no miracle worker with bad OLs. The presumed rushing volume jump with Chip is also in jeopardy because of how bad SF is. They will likely be forced to throw the ball a lot next season being behind so often. SF also has a terrible schedule against the run next season (They play LA, CAR, SEA, DAL, and ARI in their first 5 games as an example).

Overall, Hyde has an abysmal floor and a low ceiling in the near future that will have me avoiding him everywhere.
Last edited by theone on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaft4783
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shaft4783 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Top 5 overall ceiling. Dark horse for overall #1 RB. I think he'll finish in the top 10 at his position at least. Given health of course...

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cucamonga » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:11 pm

theone wrote:I would stay away from Hyde if you need short term RB help even though the tape for Hyde is not bad. Much safer options available in his range. SF is a rebuild team right now. Complete lack of offensive skill position around him. The OL was one of the worst rushing lines last year and as we saw with PHI last year (who also had one of the worst rushing OL units) Chip is no miracle worker with bad OLs. The presumed rushing volume jump with Chip is also in jeopardy because of how bad SF is. They will like be forced to throw the ball a lot next season being behind so often. SF also has a terrible schedule against the run next season (They play LA, CAR, SEA, DAL, and ARI in their first 5 games as an example).

Overall, Hyde has an abysmal floor and a low ceiling in the near future that will have me avoiding him everywhere.
I agree with this. He has yet to do anything outside the Min game last season. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with him.
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:15 am

cucamonga wrote:
theone wrote:I would stay away from Hyde if you need short term RB help even though the tape for Hyde is not bad. Much safer options available in his range. SF is a rebuild team right now. Complete lack of offensive skill position around him. The OL was one of the worst rushing lines last year and as we saw with PHI last year (who also had one of the worst rushing OL units) Chip is no miracle worker with bad OLs. The presumed rushing volume jump with Chip is also in jeopardy because of how bad SF is. They will like be forced to throw the ball a lot next season being behind so often. SF also has a terrible schedule against the run next season (They play LA, CAR, SEA, DAL, and ARI in their first 5 games as an example).

While I somewhat agree here....the price of guys who have shown something is much more in this league and in other highly contested leagues aswell. I openly view hyde as a prospect, which is why I'm willing to trade a prospect for him or whomever I can get.

Who are some guys you 2 like better that I can target?
I agree with this. He has yet to do anything outside the Min game last season. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with him.