High upside, cheap running backs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: High upside, cheap running backs

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Sugar Ray Rice. Not sure if he will get another shot, but if he does, he can be a decent RB2. Just 29 yo and some fresh legs. Had a bad season, but that was behind a terrible O-line in Baltimore. Offered to donate his whole salary to charity. Might be a long shot at this point, but he comes really cheap.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:Sugar Ray Rice. Not sure if he will get another shot, but if he does, he can be a decent RB2. Just 29 yo and some fresh legs. Had a bad season, but that was behind a terrible O-line in Baltimore. Offered to donate his whole salary to charity. Might be a long shot at this point, but he comes really cheap.
Honestly, I would love to see him get a second chance, but I just don't see any team taking the plunge on him due to the PR hit. Maybe if a team is left with no RBs due to injury.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:14 am

Been grabbing Draughn everywhere essentially free. Chip loves to throw to rbs and Hyde doesn't catch passes.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Rookies:
Coprich - Explosive RB that has a few non-proven RBs in front of him.
Peyton Barber - I'm not convinced Sims is anything more than a 3rd down back.
Smallwood - A Mathews injury is usually expected. He'll also carve out a role even with a healthy Mathews. May be over valued at this point
Keith Marshall - Not sold on Matt Jones
Ferguson - Behind Gore and not much talent in that backfield. May get looks early

Vets:
Jennings - Will most likely be the starter but he hasn't carried the load for a whole season
Khiry - Always liked the way he runs and think he could be a productive RB2 as a starter. Forte is getting long in the tooth
Gore - Not really high upside but the production you'll get from him will outweigh the cost to acquire him
Mathews - See Gore. Same situation.
Forsett - Will be the starter
Sproles - Mathews always gets banged up
Riddick - Nice PPR back. His production will far outweigh cost to get him
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:Been grabbing Draughn everywhere essentially free. Chip loves to throw to rbs and Hyde doesn't catch passes.
Only because he wasn't deployed that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trGbQG7OKNw
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:02 pm

Dookmariot wrote:Like a lot of the names on here, especially guys like Riddick, Khiry and Rashad.

I like Chris Thompson, too. He's free, and is a solid pass catching back. If Jones lays an egg, he'd be a fantasy option.

I have a ridiculously deep suggestion, though - Fitzgerald Toussaint. It's a crazy hunch, but Bell might not recover as well as people hope and DWill is pretty old. Not out of the realm of possibility that he'd have a role in a great offense. I'd have him on my watch list.
I watched a ton of toussaint in college. I like him at Michigan, but was very surprised to see him on an nfl 53 man roster last year. What do you like about him particularly?
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:56 am

rock-hammerson wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:Like a lot of the names on here, especially guys like Riddick, Khiry and Rashad.

I like Chris Thompson, too. He's free, and is a solid pass catching back. If Jones lays an egg, he'd be a fantasy option.

I have a ridiculously deep suggestion, though - Fitzgerald Toussaint. It's a crazy hunch, but Bell might not recover as well as people hope and DWill is pretty old. Not out of the realm of possibility that he'd have a role in a great offense. I'd have him on my watch list.
I watched a ton of toussaint in college. I like him at Michigan, but was very surprised to see him on an nfl 53 man roster last year. What do you like about him particularly?
I also like Toussaint and have a similar fascination with Fozzy Whittaker. Don't know what it is about either and I roster neither.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:17 am

I'm not sure a lot of these guys have the 'high upside' component, but they definitely can be guys who can be plug and play for a period at dirt cheap prices.

I own Khiry, Draughn, and Chris Thompson and people won't even part with blind bid $ to add them as RB depth.

I like Broncoheads list.

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cucamonga » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:Been grabbing Draughn everywhere essentially free. Chip loves to throw to rbs and Hyde doesn't catch passes.
My league drafts in a few weeks. Ill be going after Kelvin Taylor super late sort of for this reason. I hope he doesn't get any hype what so ever.
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Agreed on Draughn. He's a really good pass catching back who can pass block. Sneaky end of roster stash.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:12 pm

rock-hammerson wrote:

Don't really like Toussaint that much to be honest...he seems to me to be speed and not much else. I believe in the Steeler system more than I believe in Bell, DWill or Toussaint individually. If Toussaint is capable - and he looked OK when he got his shot last year - he could a share of the best RB situation in the league if Bell keeps on Belling and DWill shows his age. It's a flier, but it's a low cost one.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Minnkota
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Minnkota » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Another vote for Ware. Love his running style and, truly, love his situation.

Crowell....as long as he keeps his phone off.

I am also going to throw out a vote for jhill. Not as late as the others....however, if he finds his rookie swag, the dude will be a monster.
12 Team, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Rivers, Smith
RB-Gurley, Kerryon, DFreeman, CJ Anderson, Burkhead, Ware, Jonathan Williams, Carson, Kelly
WR-Evans, Cooks, Keenan, Diggs, Fuller, Miller, Meredith, J Gordon, JBrown, Hollins, Watson, Chadwill
TE-Gronk, Engram, Hurst, Seals-Jones

12 Team--1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Big Ben, Dalton
RB-Freeman, Ingram, Hyde, Gallman, Richard
WR-Evans, Arob, Golladay, CDavis, Marv. Jones, Gordon, Meredith, Gabriel, Richardson, Reynolds, Watson
TE-Kelce, Burton, Butt,

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Rookies

Smallwood - better athlete than I think is perceived. Has two older backs in front of him one of which never is healthy. Averaged nearly 20 touches a game in college and a great receiver. Pederson prefers backs who are versitle - hand picked by new regime. Offense primarily will run through RBs if anything like Pedersons offense in KC.

Ferguson - great receiver (possibly best in class). In an offense that will throw a ton, especially since it looks as if they will be going to prodomanetly 3 wr sets. Gore is doubtful to be a workhorse at his age and could even be at risk of injury/falling off the cliff. Turbin suspended, Varga I believe retired. He's not as good as Bradshaw but he was an RB1 mostly on receptions and TDs a couple years ago before he got hurt.

Ervin - best special teams back in this draft. Workhorse even given his smaller size. Explosive athlete who was insanely productive in all aspects of the offense. Lamar has never seen a ton of touches per game and although he should see more work than he did in MIA, I doubt they run him into the ground. Ervin should be the primary pass catching back in an offense that typically is in top 5 in runs played I believe. His competition for touches if Lamar goes down is Alfred Blue who is not very good.

Vets

Shaun Draugh - he's been talked about some on the thread already. Basically set to be the passing down back in an offense that should be towards the top in the league in plays run and should be playing catch up quite a bit. When was the last time Hyde played the whole season?

Gio - maybe not that cheap but has top 15 upside. Has been at least an RB2 every year he's been in the league I believe. Hill struggling. Gio fits better in the offense. Team is missing targets from last season and Eifert will miss some time.

Woodhead - still being written off even with his insane TD production last year. Doubtful he repeats but I see no reason for him to get fazed out. If competing could help as a RB 2/3 type in PPR.

Sims - has RB1 upside if Dougie goes down. Has RB2/3 upside in PPR even with Dougie healthy.

Isiah Crowell - Duke will get plenty of work but Crowell should be the two down back. Offense will be run through the RBs. Worst case he is what Hill was last year (TD dependent RB2/3).

One of the Baltimore backs will be a value - good luck guessing which one.
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith