Stop calling Sammy Watkins a stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Where does Sammy Watkins win

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 am

BelichekYourSelf wrote:
GridironGuerilla wrote:He wins everywhere on the field which is increasingly less often.
I find that narrative about Watkins always being injured to be completely over played. He has missed less games in his career than OBJ has...
This is fair. I suppose the frustration from last season might contribute to an unjustified bias. The fact that it was the middle of the season and he came back after missing two to miss a third didn't help either. The perception is multiple injury issues. OBJ missed the first 4 games of his career and none since.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Mastershake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mastershake » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:20 am

Sammy Watkins combines explosion, speed and agility with technical mastery and work ethic. On top of that he has great hands and good size.

I didn't study his metrics deeply, but its easy to spot when he is on the field. Sammy is going to be a HoFer, you can book that. I'm not saying what he has done is worthy of HoF, I'm saying that he has that kind of ability and I expect him to realize it with his work ethic and mental make up.
14 team TE premium dynasty league - 0.2 PPR - (50% bonus for TE in PPR and Yards)
Start 1 QB, 1 TE, 5 RB/WR/TE (Max 3 RB)

QB: Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, Jimmy Garoppolo, Sam Bradford

RB: LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley

WR: Odell Beckham Jr., DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, John Brown, Devante Parker, DeSean Jackson, Zay Jones, Chris Godwin

TE: Jordan Reed, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Ruldoph, David Njoku, Rico Gathers

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am

He has AMAZING footwork

startstopping
Role Player
Role Player

Postby startstopping » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:14 am

Mastershake wrote:Sammy Watkins combines explosion, speed and agility with technical mastery and work ethic. On top of that he has great hands and good size.

I didn't study his metrics deeply, but its easy to spot when he is on the field. Sammy is going to be a HoFer, you can book that. I'm not saying what he has done is worthy of HoF, I'm saying that he has that kind of ability and I expect him to realize it with his work ethic and mental make up.
Im not saying he doesn't, but according to his testing numbers he has great speed. But as far as explosion and agility he is below average. I guess the question becomes "were his combine #'s off for some reason" or "is he a guy who doesn't test well in drills, but is more explosive and agile with pads on"

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:22 am

My observation is that he sets you up with a first step quickness that gets you out of position/off balance and then has enough route running technique to keep you there once he has you. If you watch his highlights against Revis or against Grimes (his long TD reception from last year) he sets them up at the line of scrimmage and then keeps his advantage once he has it.

Oh, and he is great at tracking the deep ball and making contested catches.

Glad he is on my team as my WR3/WR4.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Watch all Bills games since i am a huge fan, and he is just really fluid with everything he does. Very smooth and effortless, almost reminds you of how easy it was for Randy Moss to run very fast and past people (relax, not saying he is as fast or as good as Moss yet). I own him on one team as my WR3 and am very happy to trot out OBJ, ARob, and Sammy each week. Took them in a start up last year all the way to the championship.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Mastershake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mastershake » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:31 pm

startstopping wrote:
Mastershake wrote:Sammy Watkins combines explosion, speed and agility with technical mastery and work ethic. On top of that he has great hands and good size.

Im not saying he doesn't, but according to his testing numbers he has great speed. But as far as explosion and agility he is below average. I guess the question becomes "were his combine #'s off for some reason" or "is he a guy who doesn't test well in drills, but is more explosive and agile with pads on"
Yes, I'm saying this is a case where the measurements don't match the player. Sammy Watkins is such a fluid and agile athlete and he is explosive. Just watch him.
14 team TE premium dynasty league - 0.2 PPR - (50% bonus for TE in PPR and Yards)
Start 1 QB, 1 TE, 5 RB/WR/TE (Max 3 RB)

QB: Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, Jimmy Garoppolo, Sam Bradford

RB: LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley

WR: Odell Beckham Jr., DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, John Brown, Devante Parker, DeSean Jackson, Zay Jones, Chris Godwin

TE: Jordan Reed, Jimmy Graham, Kyle Ruldoph, David Njoku, Rico Gathers

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Why are relying on workout numbers when this player has years of experience? What makes him great? Look at the damn way he killed his opponents toward the end of last season when they finally gave him the ball. Relying on workout numbers is like relying on high school test scores for hiring Bill Gates despite his success with Microsoft.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

nizule
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby nizule » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:40 pm

I love this. Another example of people not actually watching the players play. Stop relying on combine numbers/fantasy points, and use your damn eyes. Receivers don't just gain separation with speed. Setting up the DB with jukes, head bobs, feigns, etc and using hip fluidity for explosion is the key when everybody is fast. Gain the advantage, maintain the advantage, and catch the ball.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:19 pm

startstopping wrote:

you are answering your own question: the obvious answer is that a football player is greater than the sum of his metrics.

it's why "player comparisons" that list height, weight, 40 time, hand size and agility scores are foolish.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:26 pm

georg013 wrote:Why are relying on workout numbers when this player has years of experience? What makes him great? Look at the damn way he killed his opponents toward the end of last season when they finally gave him the ball. Relying on workout numbers is like relying on high school test scores for hiring Bill Gates despite his success with Microsoft.
yeahhhhh ! what he said w/ even more sneer!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:50 pm

A WR that breaks off the line of scrimmage, takes 2 steps, throws up his hand knowing he can beat his corner every time. ?s?
Nuk Hopkins is slow
AJ Green never had 1000 yards in college
Antonio Brown is short and Undrafted
Mike Evans has bad hands
Jerry Rice ran a 4.71
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

cpdnsty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cpdnsty » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:14 pm

If sammy played with eli and obj played Tyrod. Who do you think is the stat leader?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:49 pm

Beckham still because of Watkin's injuries and both still top assets
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:48 am

cpdnsty wrote:If sammy played with eli and obj played Tyrod. Who do you think is the stat leader?
Still OBJ...
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud