General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Figuring Out Eli Manning's Worth

Postby skip » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:13 am

Giants wrote:
skip wrote:
Giants wrote:Yeah cause two rings gets you no love.... but his last name definitley won him those :D
This is about his fantasy value, not his NFL value which is a debate in itself. Aikman won multiple Superbowls but he was nothing more than a fantasy backup.
No, I completely understand what your saying skip. My comment was directed at the person saying Eli basically wouldn't be thought of as a Great/Elite QB if his last name wasn't Manning.
Well, to be fair I am not sure there are many people who think he is "great" outside of New York. He certainly isn't elite. While he has two rings, the success of the Giants during those years was tied heavily to a strong defense and running game. Eli played well during both post seasons but he's had plenty of down moments in his career. Despite the two rings, I wouldn't vote him into the Hall of Fame. I think he's a good QB, just not someone deserving of that kind of mantle because outside of those two Superbowls there hasn't been anything (to date) that has made him stand out during his career. At no time has he ever been regarded as on the same tier as the top passers in the game today.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

andypro7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby andypro7 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:59 pm

The full, entire list of QBs who have at least 4400 yards passing and 30 TDs each of the last two seasons:

Drew Brees
Eli Manning

Brees, Peyton, and Rodgers are elite QBs who have spent most of their careers in offenses that have allowed them to exhibit their elite-ness.

Until the last two years, Eli never had that. Now that he does, he's performed at an elite or near-elite level. And the 9 games he played in 2004 was the last year he didn't play all 16 games.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:56 am

andypro7 wrote:The full, entire list of QBs who have at least 4400 yards passing and 30 TDs each of the last two seasons:

Drew Brees
Eli Manning

Brees, Peyton, and Rodgers are elite QBs who have spent most of their careers in offenses that have allowed them to exhibit their elite-ness.

Until the last two years, Eli never had that. Now that he does, he's performed at an elite or near-elite level. And the 9 games he played in 2004 was the last year he didn't play all 16 games.

.. and there are two reasons for the fantasy success that Eli has had the past two seasons that's alluded him for most of his career. Their names are Odell Beckham Jr. and Ben McAdoo.

Fortunately for Eli, OBJ is obviously alive and well and McAdoo is now running the show in New York, so I see no reason why Eli can't replicate those numbers again this year. Top 3 still seems like a bit of a reach for me and he'll probably have a couple of those "vintage Eli" games where he throws five picks, but he should be a solid top 6-8 fantasy QB again this year and will continue to come at a cheap price.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Giants wrote:
Walter W. wrote:
skip wrote:Eli Manning has broken into the top 5 QBs only once. He will be hard pressed to make the top 10 which has been his upside his entire career.
If he was Eli Smith instead of Eli MANNING, dude would get nowhere near the love he does.
Yeah cause two rings gets you no love.... but his last name definitley won him those :D
His defense and Assante Samuel won him one of them, Wes Welker won him the other. He two dropped passes from being 0-2 in the Super Bowl. As I said, dude is very fortunate.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:48 pm

I gave him and Olsen for luck and Jordan Cameron.
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Giants wrote:
skip wrote:
Giants wrote:Yeah cause two rings gets you no love.... but his last name definitley won him those :D
This is about his fantasy value, not his NFL value which is a debate in itself. Aikman won multiple Superbowls but he was nothing more than a fantasy backup.
No, I completely understand what your saying skip. My comment was directed at the person saying Eli basically wouldn't be thought of as a Great/Elite QB if his last name wasn't Manning.
He isn't remotely close to great. He's the reason they rarely make the playoffs. Let me know how many times Brady, Rodgers and Peyton missed the playoffs.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:48 am

As for fantasy, I have Eli as my main QB (also have Tannihill and Bradford) in a 10 team start 1 QB and am not worried about it at all. Getting an "elite" QB just isn't worth the cost for an extra 2-3 points a week.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:08 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:He isn't remotely close to great. He's the reason they rarely make the playoffs. Let me know how many times Brady, Rodgers and Peyton missed the playoffs.
There you go. Some guys are driving the train, some guys are passengers. Is he Trent Dilfer? No, but I think both Super Bowls that the Giants won would have been won with any competent QB, especially the first one. The Giants defense won that Super Bowl, Eli basically pulled one play out of his a*s. It's not like the Giants lit it up, they scored 17 points. That was the only time all season that 17 points would have beaten the Patriots, and that's because the Giants D held them to only 14 points.

I don't think he's a terrible QB, but I don't think he's a great QB. He led the NFL in picks three times. He's a slightly better than average QB who has been fortunate enough to be on teams good enough to squeak into the playoffs and get hot at the right time. And good for him, he's got those two rings and a lot of guys don't get them. But I still believe that if he wasn't part of the media's favorite family he wouldn't get the love that he does. Your mileage may vary.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:54 pm

He is very frustrating to start in fantasy, even the last two years. The league I have him in, I will start him in juicy divisional home games and they will somehow end up 20-17 games. Then I bench him on the road against Carolina and he throws for 400 yards and five tds. In the second half (exaggerating a bit, but I think it was close to that actually). He was one big name I was always surprised of that was borderline droppable in many redraft leagues for so many years.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

homer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby homer » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:36 pm

JTLoh wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:
Betterthanyou wrote:Bold Prediction: Eli will be top 3 QB this year...
Only kinda bold. Eli has the second easiest strength of schedule this year. I feel fairly confident he'll be in the top half of the QB1s this year.
Strength of schedule is almost worthless. A little stock, maybe, but not much. It doesn't factor in what has happened that will effect the future. IE: Josh Norman is now a Redskin.

EDIT: But don't get me wrong. I think Eli will be a top five as long as OBJ/Shepherd and even Cruz are good to go.
Norman will find out what it is like without a good pass rush.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am

So I know this is an old thread - but I could not find an Eli Manning specific thread and there has been a lot of talk about whether or not Manning could support a WR1, RB1 and a TE1 without being an elite QB fantasy wise.

Well at the moment in typical PPR

Barkley - RB 6 - 45.6 points - 365 point pace
would be RB 2 overall based on 2016 & 2017 with current pace
must acknowledge 16-102 receiving

Engram - TE 10 - 23.5 points - 188 point pace
Would be TE4-6 overall based on 2016 & 2017 with current pace

Beckham - WR 25 (no TDs so far) - 31.1 points - 249 point pace
Would be WR8-10 based on 2016 & 2017 with current pace
Reminder Beckham has not gotten a TD yet and has never had a full season below 10

Manning - QB 27 - 28.75 points - 230 point pace
Would be QB25-27 based on 2016 & 2017 with current pace

Is this going to continue?

Is Barkley basically the RB version of 2017 Landry (high volume, low yardage) but also gets Rushing yards?

Are Beckham and Engram going to be TD dependant to remain top 6 at each position?

Or will Manning improve - or the guys he feeds regress?

Your thoughts?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 am

This really really screwed me up until I saw the date.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 am

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 am This really really screwed me up until I saw the date.
Same here

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:20 am

Even in a 2QB or Superflex league, I'm not offering anything more than a late 3rd or 4th for Manning.

Sincerely doubt any owner would accept that but regardless of whether or not it's the chicken or the egg aka Eli's fault or predominantly his OL's fault...he's pretty awful. Missed Odell on some major throws against Jacksonville that would have opened the game and just checked down consistently to Barkely...and Dallas' defense is mediocre as of today.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 am

I'm picking lualetta where ever I can. He is the protypical game manager with speed and size.

Guy threw for 10,000 yards in college and by all accounts is a QB savant. Only this he doesn't excel at is the deep ball but that isnt really how the giants live and die.

If the giants are 0-5 look for tanner to come in then lualetta the rest of the way
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted