Kevin White Truthers Unite

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kevin White Truthers Unite

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Feel bad for the guy. If there is such a thing as "luck", this guy has about the worst luck that you could have as it pertains to injuries.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:54 pm

The Kevin White saga is one of a perpetual cycle of IR designations and off season hype. Unfortunately for most that's a ride you can't afford to stick around on unless your league has 3+ IR spots. I have cut ties with him and am at peace with the decision.

Then again, I've held on to Josh Gordon pretty much his entire career.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:02 pm

I got 5 IR spots... he will always have a home on my team for that reason.

😂

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Sadly I think I'll be dropping him soon. No IR slots in my league and shallow benches. We knew he was raw coming in, and he's had virtually no time to actually work on his route-running and improve his game since he's constantly been rehabbing. Add to that he's a little "gun-shy" and maybe a bit apprehensive after getting hurt so frequently and I don't see a lot of upside in holding.

I feel bad for him in that he's not been able to pursue his passion, as all indications are that he's a fierce competitor and hard worker. He really wanted to be great. What he showed on the filed isn't much, as he didn't look impressive yesterday before getting hurt in the 4th-quarter. 2 catches at that point for a paltry 6-yards. But at least he's banking $16 million from his guaranteed rookie deal regardless of how many games he actually plays in 2017-2018.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am

At least Josh Gordon has shown an ability to be decent. Kevin white had A good season his fifth year in college in an offense that is known to inflate stats. Kevin white is not a good NFL wr regardless of health.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 am

ImaRounder wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am At least Josh Gordon has shown an ability to be decent. Kevin white had A good season his fifth year in college in an offense that is known to inflate stats. Kevin white is not a good NFL wr regardless of health.
I don't really think you can say kevin white is not a good NFl receiver, he has barely even played.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:04 am

Kevin White has very little luck...but he probably has even less talent.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am

Reminds me of how Darnio Alexander was... great WR in college and even in the few times we got to see him in pros... but Injuries for some are more than just 'bad luck'.

Next year in my opinion, will be his last in Chicago and the Bears really can't do anything but pay him. His cap hit is double the salary he's owed . I'd guess the organization won't want to risk further investment, they've received two little for their $16m. If this happens, he won't only still be raw, but if another team takes him, he'll be an injury risk & learning a new offense.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 am

Reljac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am Reminds me of how Darnio Alexander was... great WR in college and even in the few times we got to see him in pros... but Injuries for some are more than just 'bad luck'.

Next year in my opinion, will be his last in Chicago and the Bears really can't do anything but pay him. His cap hit is double the salary he's owed . I'd guess the organization won't want to risk further investment, they've received two little for their $16m. If this happens, he won't only still be raw, but if another team takes him, he'll be an injury risk & learning a new offense.
And 27 years old
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:26 am

Reljac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am Reminds me of how Darnio Alexander was... great WR in college and even in the few times we got to see him in pros... but Injuries for some are more than just 'bad luck'.

Danario had knee ligament problems, which are known to reoccur and end careers. Kevin White's injuries have been broken bones, which are usually not a problem after they heal. It's strange that it keeps happening. He's not skinny or anything, there might be some underlying problem there but that would be very rare.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:38 am

Tsunami wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:26 am Danario had knee ligament problems, which are known to reoccur and end careers. Kevin White's injuries have been broken bones, which are usually not a problem after they heal. It's strange that it keeps happening. He's not skinny or anything, there might be some underlying problem there but that would be very rare.
yes, I was not trying to say they are identical. But The old tired line that Kevin White's injuries are not indicative of future injuries is bad. He's fragile, not fit for NFL contact. Not playing leads to not be paid when your contract runs out.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:51 am

Reljac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:38 am
Tsunami wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:26 am Danario had knee ligament problems, which are known to reoccur and end careers. Kevin White's injuries have been broken bones, which are usually not a problem after they heal. It's strange that it keeps happening. He's not skinny or anything, there might be some underlying problem there but that would be very rare.
yes, I was not trying to say they are identical. But The old tired line that Kevin White's injuries are not indicative of future injuries is bad. He's fragile, not fit for NFL contact. Not playing leads to not be paid when your contract runs out.
Danario was also pretty good when he was on the field and played. Can't say the same for White.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Super Nario was a beast. What a shame.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:24 pm

balaberda wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:14 pm Drop in all formats
This

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:39 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:09 pm Super Nario was a beast. What a shame.
Yes he was.