Kevin White Truthers Unite

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kevin White Truthers Unite

Postby KMA » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:19 pm

I'm not a Kevin White hater by any means. I drafted him and moved him for two 2017 1st round picks. But to act like he and Sammy Watkins are only a year apart is laughable. Kevin White turns 24 years old this year and is basically a rookie. Sammy Watkins turns 23 and is going into his third season. Big difference. By the time Kevin White reaches Sammy's current level of experience, he will be 26.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:04 am

AzTheCrow wrote:White is a FA in one of my leagues. Where do you put him in the first round with the rookies ?
Easily a number 2 pick ?
Very easily.
If Zeke hadn't landed in the best spot possible for a RB I would have considered 1.01 but that ended when the Cowboys took him.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Does a contract extension for Alshon Jeffery hurt or help White?

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Helps. I don't see him as the type of WR that needs 170+ targets to succeed, especially if it leaves him 1-1 on the other side
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Disagree that it helps. All of the top tier WR's have one thing in common, besides elite athleticism. Volume.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:56 am

Just wait until Alshon gets banged up and K. White is the main option....... I am hoping they see enough out of K. White that they let Alshon walk. But if not B. Marshall and Alshon both thrived in CHi town
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:06 am

Neight wrote:Disagree that it helps. All of the top tier WR's have one thing in common, besides elite athleticism. Volume.
Watkins and Dez don't do it on volume...they just make plays when they have the ball
Anyway I wouldn't expect CHI to pass more than most of the league so total pass attempts could be down around 500-550 if Fox gets his way but still plenty to go around after getting rid of Bennett. Doubt Zach Miller gets the volume Bennett did.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:07 am

Dynastychamp111 wrote:Just wait until Alshon gets banged up and K. White is the main option....... I am hoping they see enough out of K. White that they let Alshon walk. But if not B. Marshall and Alshon both thrived in CHi town
With Trestman calling the offensive plays, not a John Fox (Dowell Loggains) led passing attack.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:24 am

maxhyde wrote:
Neight wrote:Disagree that it helps. All of the top tier WR's have one thing in common, besides elite athleticism. Volume.
Watkins and Dez don't do it on volume...they just make plays when they have the ball
Percentage wise on their team both absolutely do. Dez has also received top 10 targets in every season besides his rookie year and last year, and Watkins flourishes with targets and disappears without them, so yes both of those guys are also included.

Shaft4783
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shaft4783 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:41 am

Dynastychamp111 wrote:Just wait until Alshon gets banged up and K. White is the main option....... I am hoping they see enough out of K. White that they let Alshon walk. But if not B. Marshall and Alshon both thrived in CHi town
+1 This is pretty much a lock to happen.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:56 am

Neight wrote:
maxhyde wrote:
Percentage wise on their team both absolutely do. Dez has also received top 10 targets in every season besides his rookie year and last year, and Watkins flourishes with targets and disappears without them, so yes both of those guys are also included.
Dez has never averaged over 10 targets per game in any season and has been top 10 in targets once. 2013 tied for 6th (VJax) with his highest target total ever at 160
Anyway volume as a % of the team is different than I understood...I thought you were saying you can't be a top WR without actual volume...I could easily see White getting the 120-140 targets needed to score extremely well if he is efficient...being a #2 WR is a much easier task to be efficient than as a #1

Anyway I guess we will see how it all plays out

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 am

Is Alshon Jeffery really THAT fragile? Are we linking White's success to the injury of the more dominant receiver on the team? If that is the case, that is a gamble. You would like to see White have stand alone value. Why should I cross my fingers and pray to my lucky stars that Alshon gets hurt? Without an Alshon injury, is White JAG? It is looking more and more that Alshon may re-sign. If that happens, it tells me two things. One, he came into camp motivated and in shape. Two, they dont believe the injuries were a significant (long term) problem. Stay tuned!

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:41 am

I actually think White has more success early with Jeffery healthy.
Others disagreed and said you need volume to succeed and Jeffery will get the volume. Anyway only a few short months until we see how it plays out.

Chances are fair the Bears D isn't going to be that much better and there could be a few 2nd halves where they are passing most of the time playing catchup

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:15 pm

maxhyde wrote:I actually think White has more success early with Jeffery healthy.
Others disagreed and said you need volume to succeed and Jeffery will get the volume. Anyway only a few short months until we see how it plays out.

Chances are fair the Bears D isn't going to be that much better and there could be a few 2nd halves where they are passing most of the time playing catchup
I agree with you. I think White is an explosive, possible big play wr. I don't think he needs volume to produce. Plus he wont garner CB1 attention off the bat.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:31 pm

Reported on Rotoworld that his OC is showing him college highlights of his skills to gain his confidence back. Where are we at with this once highly touted prospect?