Kevin White Truthers Unite

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kevin White Truthers Unite

Postby Madadamus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:25 am

Last chance to get White before he becomes a top 10 asset. Guys with his metrics and draft pedigree just don't miss very often.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:28 am

Madadamus wrote:Last chance to get White before he becomes a top 10 asset. Guys with his metrics and draft pedigree just don't miss very often.
^yep, it's coming

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:29 am

Madadamus wrote:Last chance to get White before he becomes a top 10 asset. Guys with his metrics and draft pedigree just don't miss very often.
DHB, David terrell, charles rodgers, matt jones, reggie williams, troy williamson. None are exact matches but close enough to list. Last chance to sell white before you can no longer get top 20 asset value for him
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:08 am

My name is Rock Hammerson, and I am addicted to Kevin White. He profiles as a WR1 in the NFL to me until he proves otherwise.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:41 pm

I like White for a fairly safe floor as a dynasty prospect. His play-strength, size, and ability when contested are ideal for the NFL.

But I worry about Cutler sans Gase, and with Alshon still around. And that gait of his. Makes me cringe every time. He could be even faster if he'd get off his heels and straighten his toes.
clarion contrarion wrote:
ninotoreS wrote:I'm more worried about Dowell Loggains replacing Gase as OC.
rare is the time I agree with a nino post but this is one
You should consider agreeing with me more often.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:11 pm

ninotoreS wrote:I like White for a fairly safe floor as a dynasty prospect. His play-strength, size, and ability when contested are ideal for the NFL.

But I worry about Cutler sans Gase, and with Alshon still around. And that gait of his. Makes me cringe every time. He could be even faster if he'd get off his heels and straighten his toes.
Cutler was able to support both Alshon and Marshall statistically (along with Bennett and Forte) pre-Gase. White has other issues as a one year wonder, late breakout age, route running, and sometimes playing to his athletic ability but Cutler is not an issue. I still think he has a very good shot to be very good given his draft position and metrics. CHI does not really have any reliable targets outside of Alshon either.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:57 pm

I've owned Alshon since his rookie year, so I remember what he did with Cutler when Marshall was still there.

In 2013 his freaky-fluke Week 5 and Week 13 inflated his end-of-year production total (without those weeks he was a sub-1000 yard receiver on the year), and in 2014, Marshall only went for 721 yards while Alshon reached 1100. So Cutler only fed Marshall and Alshon to mutual thousand yard seasons exactly once.

I'm gonna worry about Cutler, because he's Jay Cutler.

Btw I agree regarding White's breakout age; it is generally a strong correlate with pro success when it's young, inversely when it's old. It's not a hard rule, though. For example, John Brown's collegiate breakout age was 21, like White's, so there are exceptions.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:26 pm

AzTheCrow wrote:
^yep, it's coming
Are either of you guys Chad Parsons?

24 year old rookies don't become top 10 assets very often, either. I am very high on White, I drafted him last year, but I doubt he's a top 10 asset after this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:48 am

ninotoreS wrote:I like White for a fairly safe floor as a dynasty prospect. His play-strength, size, and ability when contested are ideal for the NFL.

clarion contrarion wrote:
ninotoreS wrote:I'm more worried about Dowell Loggains replacing Gase as OC.
rare is the time I agree with a nino post but this is one
You should consider agreeing with me more often.
nah I would rather be right more often !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Arkived
Starter
Starter

Postby Arkived » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:16 am

theone wrote:

Cutler was able to support both Alshon and Marshall statistically (along with Bennett and Forte) pre-Gase. White has other issues as a one year wonder, late breakout age, route running, and sometimes playing to his athletic ability but Cutler is not an issue. I still think he has a very good shot to be very good given his draft position and metrics. CHI does not really have any reliable targets outside of Alshon either.

Cutler didn't do that. That was McCown. Cutler is known for focusing on one target very heavily. Until Alshon departs Chicago, or is hurt, he's going to be that target.
Hitting the Wrong Hole - 8 team 1 pt PPR, .25 per carry Dynasty league (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 1 DL/LB, 4 DB)
QB - Brady, Bortles, Dalton
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Thomas Rawls, Derrick Henry, C.J. Prosise, Paul Perkins, DeAndre Washington, Adrian Peterson
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Amari Cooper, Davante Parker, Laquon Treadwell
TE: Rob Gronkowski,Travis Kelce
DL: Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Everson Griffen, Ziggy Ansah, Danielle Hunter, Khalil Mack, Jabaal Sheard, Frank Clark
LB: Lavonte David, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, NaVarro Bowman, Telvin Smith, Jamie Collins, Myles Jack, Jatavis Brown, Zach Orr, Devondre Campbell
DB: Morgan Burnett, Harrison Smith, Jonathan Cyprien, Reshad Jones, Kenny Vaccaro, Clayton Geathers, Karl Joseph
Taxi: Paxton Lynch

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Arkived wrote:
theone wrote:

Cutler didn't do that. That was McCown. Cutler is known for focusing on one target very heavily. Until Alshon departs Chicago, or is hurt, he's going to be that target.
Yes, Cutler did that.

How about 2014 when Alshon/Marshall combined for 1900 yards and 18 TDs despite the fact that Marshall missed a few games and was banged up for several others?

Plus Cutler played 11 games in the season you're referencing where McCown played well. Both were productive before Cutler got hurt.

Cutler "locking onto his #1 target" is one of the most well-known myths of fantasy football along with Sam Bradford's "dynamic" rookie season where he just checked the ball down 600 times.

I'm more worried about John Fox. He's an awful coach who is grossly conservative. Without Gase there I hope he doesn't go back to the "Let's play it safe and run the ball on 3rd and 5 offense".

Sixx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Sixx » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:41 pm

ninotoreS wrote:In 2013 his freaky-fluke Week 5 and Week 13 inflated his end-of-year production total (without those weeks he was a sub-1000 yard receiver on the year)
I'll never forget this. I had Marshall and the best ppg in my league. I the number 1 seed and he was the last seed. Week 13 1st week of ff playoffs. He has alshon and decker.
Alshon: 12/249/2
Decker: 8/174/4
That's right, two wr2(@ the time) combining for 20/423/6 in a ppr format. Completely destroying a super team I had at the time.
12 Team PPR
1QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/3Flex, IDP, 35 roster( 5taxi)
QB: R. Wilson, Big Ben, D. Kizer
RB: D. Johnson, J. Ajayi, J. Hill, J. McKinnon, J. Richard, W. Gallman
WR: AJ Green, A. Cooper, D. Parker, D. Moncreif, S. Diggs, S. Coates, M. Lee, Ty. Williams, C. Meredith, D. Funchess, C. Godwin, Ch. Williams, T. Gabriel
TE: J. Thomas, OJ Howard, C. Brate, ASJ

10 Team PPR 8Keeper
1QB/1RB/3WR/1TE/2RBWR, IDP
QB: Luck, Tannehill, Goff
RB: D.Johnson, Du. Johnson, D. Lewis, I. Cromwell.
WR: Beckham, Evans, A. Cooper, Landry, Moncrief
TE: Eifert, Ebron
IDP: Mack, Atkins, Alexander, Burfict

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Kevin White is not a slam dunk. The red flags are real. But he has talent and opportunity that's worth gambling on, and if he does hit you'll want to have bought him at today's prices.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:40 pm

I guess that depends what his prices are now. Most of my leagues I can't get him for anything less than a pretty high end WR2 type price in which case you may as well wait and see if he gets there or even looks like he might. I mean if you have to trade a Cobb/Hilton type for him I just don't see the point

I swapped White/Conley for Jeffery (which I agree is a good deal for me) so I am not sure how much higher his value gets in leagues like that or with owners that own him and think that is the current value.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:52 pm

White is a FA in one of my leagues. Where do you put him in the first round with the rookies ?
Easily a number 2 pick ?