Drafting before the NFL draft. (EDIT)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Drafting before the NFL draft. (EDIT)

Postby Goirish374 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:49 am

ETA: where do you think the sweet spot is in terms of making sure you get those back end guys covered in your rookie draft, but not so that you are drafting 100 rookies.
40 rookies? less seems like too many guys will go fantasy undrafted who end up being NFL drafted
50 rookies?
60? more seems like you have passed the point of diminishing returns.

I commish a league over at RSO. we are going to be shaking a lot of things up this offseason.

I think I am ready to take the plunge and convert it to a pre-NFL draft rookie draft, like the weekend before the NFL draft.

I would imagine that you need a larger overall number of players picked to account for some of the uncertainty of whether or not some players will even get drafted. how do you account for this when it comes to setting the number of total picks?

let's say 12 team, 25 man rosters, QRRWWTF. when I look over leagues thet draft like this (GEDL) it looks like the break point is right about at 50 players drafted.

those of you with experience in this kind of draft: how many is too many or not enough?
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC