Carroo is still my WR5. Am I crazy?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Carroo is still my WR5. Am I crazy?

Postby jimmycricket14 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:24 pm

I still value Carroo as the #8 overall rookie and I have seen him consistently slip into the 2nd and sometimes even 3rd rounds in many rookie drafts. I know it looks like he is going to be buried on the depth chart but I am not so sure he can't be Miami's most productive WR this year. Landry has put up some great numbers with a huge target share because there were no other WR on the roster and Parker is a developing WR1 that still has issues with his game that could keep him from being the every down go to target. I could see Carroo sliding in as one of Tannys favorite targets this year as possibly the teams best route runner to go along with some great ball skills. I see his situation no less crowded than Michael Thomas's in NO. Also Miami loves Carroo and traded up to grab him even though they seemed to be set at WR. That tells me they envision a role for him. Am I nuts?

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Carroo is still my WR5. Am I crazy?

Postby DrNoish » Mon May 23, 2016 9:28 pm

I don't think it's crazy, a lot of people share that opinion. Saying NO's wr situation is as crowded as Miami is off though. Cooks is there. If Snead is competition for Thomas, Thomas isn't all he's touted to be. Miami already had 3 starting WR's that are pretty strong in their roles. Carroo can find his way, but it isn't going to be as easy as it would have in NO
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Mon May 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Took him with 1.08 in my latest draft. I'm hoping Mia lets Landry walk come contract time and Caroo and Parker get all the run. I think each compliment each other and Caroo's strengths seem to fit Tanny.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Took him at 1.09, I had him around 1.05/1.06. He was 1.95 pre-NFL draft. People assume he went to a bad spot. I don't. I think he becomes the WR2 in Miami. There is even the chance he is better than Parker. Certainly a more physical WR. Anyway, He was Miami's WR2 in this class, supposedly, so being your WR5 is certainly not crazy.....
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon May 23, 2016 11:45 pm

WR5? Sure, why not. It's a weak class.

#8 overall is probably a tad high, I'd rather take a shot at one of the RBs there. Carroo isn't bad, but as of now I can't see him rising higher than Parker or Landry on his depth-chart. Maybe if Parker's foot breaks again.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue May 24, 2016 12:35 am

Didnt pick until 3.01. Watched him all the way until 2.12 then called the guy ahead of me to feel him out. Marshall was there too. He took Marshall and I got a top 10 talent at 3.01. This made landing spot irrelevant
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:40 am

Cherokee wrote:Didnt pick until 3.01. Watched him all the way until 2.12 then called the guy ahead of me to feel him out. Marshall was there too. He took Marshall and I got a top 10 talent at 3.01. This made landing spot irrelevant
Carroo at 3.01? Nice! Even if you aren't a believer in him I'd say he's a better dart throw than anyone else that would normally be in that range.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:03 am

So Matt Harmon believes DeVante Parker has significant issues with press coverage and plays best out of the slot where he gets a clean release. He seems to think Carroo was picked to play the X WR role and allow Parker play the slot and not expose his weakness. Harmon said that Carroo was one of, if not the best player against press coverage in the draft this year and it could help him get early playing time.

I think Carroo will be more involved than people think.

Also injuries regularly happen and Carroo has the talent to steal a job very quickly.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Tue May 24, 2016 4:54 am

Westy22 wrote:So Matt Harmon believes DeVante Parker has significant issues with press coverage and plays best out of the slot where he gets a clean release. He seems to think Carroo was picked to play the X WR role and allow Parker play the slot and not expose his weakness. Harmon said that Carroo was one of, if not the best player against press coverage in the draft this year and it could help him get early playing time.

Also injuries regularly happen and Carroo has the talent to steal a job very quickly.
link ?
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:03 am

ajmyk wrote:
Westy22 wrote:So Matt Harmon believes DeVante Parker has significant issues with press coverage and plays best out of the slot where he gets a clean release. He seems to think Carroo was picked to play the X WR role and allow Parker play the slot and not expose his weakness. Harmon said that Carroo was one of, if not the best player against press coverage in the draft this year and it could help him get early playing time.

link ?
Urgh...one of the podcasts this week. I think it was DynastyOne?

https://twitter.com/Dynasty1Podcast/sta ... 8854274048

Smigs630
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Smigs630 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:55 am

I somehow managed to get him at 3.4 in my 12 team draft last week. Kenny stills is a free agent at end of season and could walk. I also saw an article that Caroo only dropped 3 passes total at Rutgers?! Kid seems like he can have some nice upside and even if it's not in 2016 I think he's worth the gamble given the talent he has despite ideal situation.
-Original draft 2012- 12 Team 0.5PPR
1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-2-Flex(Rb-Wr-Te)
QB-J ALLEN B Mayfield K Pickett
RB- J MIXON, ZEKE ,, K Gainwell, G Edwards, R White, B Robinson, P Strong
WR-AJ BROWN, J WADDLE, C GODWIN , T Boyd, H Renfrow, G Davis, D Mooney, G Wilson, K Toney, W Robinson, Ama Rodgers, R Gage,
TE-D SCHULTZ, E Engram, D Njoku, H Bryant,J Ruckert, K Rudolph

[/b]
Future Picks
2023: 1,2,3,3,4,
2024: 1,2,3,4,

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 24, 2016 5:58 am

I'm not very high on Carroo but he has a good production profile and the Dolphins viewed him as the second best receiver in this class. It sounds like they are going to use him a lot going forward. I'm not sure about production this season

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue May 24, 2016 6:00 am

You're not crazy but given what I'm seeing you should at least think about trying to move back from that spot in order to take him later.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue May 24, 2016 6:09 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote:You're not crazy but given what I'm seeing you should at least think about trying to move back from that spot in order to take him later.
Didnt expect him to be there at all. But when 2.10 came around, started getting excited. People who studied pre draft knew about him but Miami made him sink like a rock. I wouldnt move down too much. Probably still take expect him to go 1.12 or so. A few of us got lucky
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:25 am

Personally I think it's crazy if he is slipping into anything later than early 2nd. Also I would just like to note that no rookie should be expected to be productive enough to start. Is it possible? Yes, but it should not be expected.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10