Tyler Lockett - Get him before it's too late

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyler Lockett - Get him before it's too late

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:31 am

Jason3123 wrote:Why are we infatuated with Lockett? Because of Matt Harmon? He had a sporadic rookie year. Jimmy Graham is back, Baldwin is legit, and Seattle will maintain a running presence? What are your Lockett expectations?
Because he's a really good receiver. I hope nobody was buying for WR1 hopes.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Jason3123 wrote:Why are we infatuated with Lockett? Because of Matt Harmon? He had a sporadic rookie year. Jimmy Graham is back, Baldwin is legit, and Seattle will maintain a running presence? What are your Lockett expectations?
there is a very good chance that graham is gone next year. he has no cap hit to be cut and makes 8 mil next year. that team will likely not want to afford that. believe it or not some of us were on tyler lockett before matt harmon ever mentioned him and/or dont form our opinions on players solely based on what random twitter schmuck says. i understand others do like him because harmon mentions him tho but most of those are noob dynasty players that likely sold because he was hurt.

doug baldwin is also 28 yrs old. not old by any means but seahags would be smart to supplement him with a talented wr like lockett who can run all the routes and is a good slot option. is he a wr1? obviously not. but its a 1st in 2018 thats a fine price for a player i fully expect to be a solid wr2
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Jason3123 wrote: it looks like he'll be a John Brown player at best IMO, which I would hate to rely on.
Interesting comp, never thought about it that way. But I agree.
Jason3123 wrote:Why are we infatuated with Lockett? Because of Matt Harmon?
There were several ppl on here already high on him before the draft. But yeah I imagine Harmon had a big influence on the overall hype of the guy.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:01 pm

FWIW I like Lockett as well, and own several shares of him, I'm just curious what the expectations are? Again, to me, he's a boom/bust WR, even as his role increases. A John Brown type, a much lesser version of T.Y. IMO. I wouldn't pay a random 1st for a John Brown/DeSean Jackson. Maybe if I was on the clock and knew the player I was passing on.

I just don't see Lockett as a player you could realistically start week to week. Definite best ball type of player. Maybe if you get big play bonuses, special team stats, etc..but otherwise I think at best he's a WR 3, and I'm not investing a 1st in that type of player. Just my opinion.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Jason3123 wrote:FWIW I like Lockett as well, and own several shares of him, I'm just curious what the expectations are? Again, to me, he's a boom/bust WR, even as his role increases. A John Brown type, a much lesser version of T.Y. IMO. I wouldn't pay a random 1st for a John Brown/DeSean Jackson. Maybe if I was on the clock and knew the player I was passing on.

I just don't see Lockett as a player you could realistically start week to week. Definite best ball type of player. Maybe if you get big play bonuses, special team stats, etc..but otherwise I think at best he's a WR 3, and I'm not investing a 1st in that type of player. Just my opinion.
you compare him to john brown and djax kinda like its a negative thing. when john brown was healthy and doing good things the past few years he was going for late 1sts often. how is this different? its kinda a moot point honestly cause nobody in their right mind that owns him gonna give him away for less anyway. except those newbie dynasty guys that did in fact buy him only because of matt harmon

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:52 pm

I was high on Lockett before his rookie draft. He was one of my late 1st options. He was taken before my pick but I ended up trading Rawls (who I got off waivers) for Lockett +. I like Wilson but he isn't the type of QB who will improve his WRs fantasy value. Couple that with the Seahawks being a primarily running team. He really isn't in a good situation. Average situation at best.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:32 pm

broncohead wrote:I was high on Lockett before his rookie draft. He was one of my late 1st options. He was taken before my pick but I ended up trading Rawls (who I got off waivers) for Lockett +. I like Wilson but he isn't the type of QB who will improve his WRs fantasy value. Couple that with the Seahawks being a primarily running team. He really isn't in a good situation. Average situation at best.
this is part of the equation i dont get at all. some ppl that dont think hes worth a late 1st minimum just dont make sense to me because he was drafted just last year as a late 1st/early 2nd player. his situation was the same then as it is now. how did he lose value lmao. thats why i consider the ppl that say hes worth less to be out of their minds

@donnynutz on twitter

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:41 pm

knotts4372 wrote:
broncohead wrote:I was high on Lockett before his rookie draft. He was one of my late 1st options. He was taken before my pick but I ended up trading Rawls (who I got off waivers) for Lockett +. I like Wilson but he isn't the type of QB who will improve his WRs fantasy value. Couple that with the Seahawks being a primarily running team. He really isn't in a good situation. Average situation at best.
this is part of the equation i dont get at all. some ppl that dont think hes worth a late 1st minimum just dont make sense to me because he was drafted just last year as a late 1st/early 2nd player. his situation was the same then as it is now. how did he lose value lmao. thats why i consider the ppl that say hes worth less to be out of their minds
Yep I agree. I hold on the 1st round WRs for about 3 seasons. If they haven't done much than I move on generally. Lockett is still worth a least a 1st to me considering the bust rate for 2nd round picks it's just not logical to move him for that.
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:51 pm

It's interesting to see how quickly an injury and a slow start to a season can so drastically change his long term outlook for some people.

The kid has put barely a years worth of games on tape (a lot of which is pretty damn good for a rookie) and showed flashes of some high end WR2/low WR1 upside, but people would rather take their chances at the 50/50 or worse shot with a late 1st rounder?

It was only a couple of years ago where people were perfectly fine sitting on WRs for 2/3 years with the understanding that they generally take some time to develop.

Now suddenly people are jumping ship if WRs aren't complete studs less than 2 years into their career?

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:18 pm

CharlieKelly wrote:It's interesting to see how quickly an injury and a slow start to a season can so drastically change his long term outlook for some people.

The kid has put barely a years worth of games on tape (a lot of which is pretty damn good for a rookie) and showed flashes of some high end WR2/low WR1 upside, but people would rather take their chances at the 50/50 or worse shot with a late 1st rounder?

It was only a couple of years ago where people were perfectly fine sitting on WRs for 2/3 years with the understanding that they generally take some time to develop.

Now suddenly people are jumping ship if WRs aren't complete studs less than 2 years into their career?
probably due to the 2014 rookie WRs. They messed it ups for everyone haha
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:43 am

That was the game I've been waiting for. Seahawks please keep utilizing Lockett that way.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:55 am

In my work league redraft I had to hurredly pick him up last weekend at about 3:04 on Sunday. Almost forgot and left him in this week, but ended up taking him out. Doh!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:00 am

Yeah I am not sure the deals will be as hot right now on Lockett. I think you could have gotten him for a 2nd in some leagues pretty easily.
I doubt it no. The SEA offense looks much better when he is healthy and targetted
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:02 am

Lotto4Life wrote:Almost forgot and left him in this week, but ended up taking him out.
That may seem wrong in retrospect but it was the right move. It took until week 15 for him finally to have a great game is a major concern for his future. Seattle clearly doesn't trust him despite all of the supposed confidence they heaped on him during the off season. You can't beat yourself up over benching someone who hasn't had double digits more than a couple of times the entire year and zero TDs.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:08 am

Yeah he is only a starter for me in return leagues. I would be very worried starting him in PPR every week
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams