Tyler Lockett - Get him before it's too late

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyler Lockett - Get him before it's too late

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:22 am

The actual numbers contradict you.

But I'll get to that in a sec. First, I'm primarily referring just to Wilson's arm talent itself, his pure ability as a passer. Wilson can make every NFL throw, and make it accurately, with touch or drive when needed. When he can see over his line, that is. Flacco's numbers are limited because his talent is limited. Wilson's passing numbers have been limited because that's how the Hawks wanted their offense up till now. But Wilson has the talent and ability to transition into a heavier passer if the Hawks decide to go that route, post Lynch era.

And on that note, the numbers:

Wilson is averaging 250 yards a game through four weeks... which he also averaged last year, going for 4k yards and 34 TDs. That's QB1 passing production regardless of what he did with his legs, and such production can absolutely feed two WRs and a TE to quality receiving numbers. As for Flacco, he's been in the pros twice as long as Wilson (8 years to his 4), and yet hasn't had a single season where he reached 4k yards, or more than 27 TDs (he's averaged just 20 a year). So Wilson has already exceeded Flacco as a passer. Bad comparison.
lukkynumber13 wrote:Peyton in his prime
Peyton Manning averaged a little bit over 4k yardage per year for the first eleven years of his career.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:57 am

Pretty much gonna stand on what I said during OTA's....
Nothing's even happened yet. He had a strong rookie campaign, and just because you happened to notice him now doesn't change anything. Coach speak in June is pretty much worthless.

Anyone who paid attention was aware of the potential, and it appears that with Lynch gone and Wilson's improvement he could capitalize on his potential.
My take now: he's still a good young prospect. There was the chance (which still exists) that he can be a PPR monster. With Graham coming back, it's less likely it happens this year in Seattle. If you can get him for a future second, still a buy, wouldn't count on production this year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:01 am

Lockett is still a really good receiver. Nobody needed Matt Harmon (as good as his work is) to know that unless you just don't watch football.

But as I thought, his real breakout is another year away. I just didn't expect the resurgence of Jimmy Graham and a partially torn pcl to the reason why.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 am

Good time to buy low on Lockett imo
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:45 am

Actually ended up trading him away in a package of players and picks for Amari before the season started...but lets not get carried away one way or another. Not like Amari is lighting it up either and he's apparently totally healthy.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:47 am

Cameron Giles wrote:Lockett is still a really good receiver. Nobody needed Matt Harmon (as good as his work is) to know that unless you just don't watch football.
Yeah people seem pretty concerned about discrediting Harmon. Don't really get it.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 am

I won't judge/discount Lockett because he's playing injured. Hopefully the couple weeks of rest allow him to heal up a bit and he'll show better for the remainder of the season. It is somewhat odd that Baldwin came out and stated Tyler has a partially torn PCL, as I can't imagine the coaching staff supports players talking about another's injury status.

If he's out there running around at 60-70% it's difficult to draw any meaningful conclusions about his role/production at the time, and I believe that's the case.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:18 pm

I got him...again. This time by giving back our league leader's '18 1st.

I can't quit you Tyler... :oops: :oops: :oops:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 pm

btv802 wrote:I got him...again. This time by giving back our league leader's '18 1st.

I can't quit you Tyler... :oops: :oops: :oops:
You gave a 1st for him at this point?

That's a bold move, cotton.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:07 pm

id give a late 1st for him all day
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:48 pm

I'd pay an 2018 first easily. It's not like Lockett is underperforming because he got worse at football. Injury and Graham's unexpected resurgence are the culprit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:44 pm

I would not pay an 18 1st because that is unnecessary. Baldwin and Graham aren't going anywhere and neither are their RB's. Lockett would be nearly impossible to rely on in H2H leagues. His situation is terrible right now and it looks like he'll be a John Brown player at best IMO, which I would hate to rely on.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:10 am

I dont think a probable late 18 1st is a terrible price for Lockett. I think you will be getting those 18 1sts for 17 mid 2nds in many cases next years rookie draft.
I at least we know he can play
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 am

For what it's worth I still have two more '18 1sts and one is my own. I felt like gambling one of those three '18 1sts on an upside play might make the next two years of waiting a little less painful.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:50 am

Why are we infatuated with Lockett? Because of Matt Harmon? He had a sporadic rookie year. Jimmy Graham is back, Baldwin is legit, and Seattle will maintain a running presence? What are your Lockett expectations?