Tyler Lockett - Get him before it's too late

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Tyler Lockett - Get him before it's too late

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:52 pm

I probably should have done more reading before posting. The indications are more positive than I thought for some reason. I had thought there were other impacts, but clearly was confused. Good to know.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:41 pm

You'd have to get really lucky with a jaded pissed owner. I have a hard time imagining getting him for a late 2nd/early 3rd. I'm betting most people are still holding out for a late 1st or multiple 2nd's.

I'll buy if I can get him for a mid-2nd or later. I view high 2nd's as ammo to land stud TE's and sleeper RB's this year. Don't want to give up those picks.

Denver724
Starter
Starter

Postby Denver724 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 am

Just sold in one of my leagues straight up for Kenneth Dixon. Dixon by a mile to me.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 am

Denver724 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 am Just sold in one of my leagues straight up for Kenneth Dixon. Dixon by a mile to me.
Ravens want to add game-breaking RB to roster
Coach John Harbaugh admitted the Ravens want to add a game-breaking running back to the roster this offseason.
"We need another back," Harbaugh said. "We have not run the football well enough or enough, really, for the last two years. That has to change." The Ravens have set a franchise-low in rushing attempts each of the past two seasons, and Harbaugh wants to change that after missing the playoffs both years. Kenneth Dixon was drafted in the fourth round last year, but he and Terrance West didn't provide many big plays on offense in 2016. Baltimore could be a landing spot for LSU's Leonard Fournette or FSU's Dalvin Cook in the draft.
Source: ESPN.com Jan 9 - 9:32 AM
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ast-season

Lockett says he was only 75-80% last year.

Guess the question is whether he will always be one of those guys who gets injured easily (and thus never at 100%) or if he'll find a way to reach another level even when not 100%.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:43 pm

I did not post this thread.

The current OP of this thread -- a post by me -- was originally A REPLY.

I assume the original OP was deleted somehow.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm

The thread was created by JTLoh before his account got deleted.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:53 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 pm Guess the question is whether he will always be one of those guys who gets injured easily (and thus never at 100%) or if he'll find a way to reach another level even when not 100%.
I dunno if that broken leg he got at the very end of the '16 -- the rehab from which setback his preparation for '17, thus wrecking his fitness and conditioning for the season -- rationally qualifies as evidence of this theory.

Other than the leg break, Lockett played on an injured PCL for most of '16, and those two items comprise his entire injury history that I know of. For all of college through his rookie year he was apparently injury free: http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player ... ckett/7254.
ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm The thread was created by JTLoh before his account got deleted.
What did he do to get deleted? I mean, his hot takes were annoying, but...
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:10 pm

That was probably worded a little too poorly - I did not mean to suggest that Lockett was an injury prone player and always had been - it was meant more in the line of a Keenan Allen who had a couple of fluke injuries - which derail their development - and whether that would make him susceptible to those minor nagging things that beset some players from fully reaching their potential production OR become injury "prone" in that they always seem to be rehabbing from something and sometimes push too hard (which leads to a new injury).

IE with Keenan Allen we see that those past injuries did not interfere with him in 2017 - the question is now can Lockett follow similarly after his PCL and broken leg have slowed him in 16-17 and have an injury free (and productive) 2018.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:21 am

I am pretty excited to see how Lockett does this year, it will be between him and Watkins (or a couple of players) for my WR3 spot (ppr + return yards). He has the chance to really take off this year.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 am

:dance: YES LOCKETT THREAD :dance:

Harmon sucked me into believing in the little man years ago and I'm still on board. I made kind of a stinker of a trade midseason (Funchess for Lockett + '19 2nd, before Benjamin moved to Buffalo) to acquire him so hoping he comes through with the break out.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Jaysof
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jaysof » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 am

I traded my 2019 1st (should be late) for Lockett in a league that heavily favors returns yards (he’s been a WR1 two of the last three years) so hopefully it works out. More receiving production would be gravy.
1R Dynasty - QB/RB/WR/TE/SUPERFLEX/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX (startup in progress):

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees, Baker Mayfield
RB: Rashaad Penny, Nyheim Hines
WR: Keenan Allen, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Jamison Crowder, Tyler Lockett, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan, Anthony Miller
TE: Travis Kelce, Mike Gesicki, Jack Doyle

Picks: 13.05, 13.06, 13.09, 14.03, 16.03, etc.

QB scoring: 1 point/20 yards, 0.5 per completion, -0.5 per incompletion, 6/-4 TD/INT, 0.2 per first down
RB: 0.5 points per first down, PPR
WR: 1 point per first down, PPR
TE: 1.5 PPR, 1.5 points per first down
0.1 points per return yard

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:23 am

Jaysof wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 am I traded my 2019 1st (should be late) for Lockett in a league that heavily favors returns yards (he’s been a WR1 two of the last three years) so hopefully it works out. More receiving production would be gravy.
Nobody cares about your return yardage league broooo. I bet your Pharoh Cooper shares are doing great too. At a way to pat yourself on the back :x

Jk, I'm just saying the real Lockett truthers are still holding despite being in standard PPR leagues.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 am

btv802 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 am Harmon sucked me into believing in the little man years ago and I'm still on board.
I have completely soured on Harmon since 2016. His charting analysis has faceplanted over and over again as a prognosticating tool.

It's frustrating, because it seems to me his methodology should work as an objective study of performance. I suspect he grades snaps incorrectly, and/or uses tiny, irrelevant sample sizes for his results.

Anyway, just a tangential rant.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:26 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 am I have completely soured on Harmon since 2016. His charting analysis has faceplanted over and over again as a prognosticating tool.

It's frustrating, because to seems to me his methodology should work as an objective study of performance. I suspect he grades snaps incorrectly, and/or uses tiny, irrelevant sample sizes for his results.

Anyway, just a tangential rant.
Yep me too but for some reason I can't let go of my Lockett love. Notice I own ARob too :thumbup:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS