Sometime during preseason weeks 1 - 4
14%

Total votes: 167

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: When is your league's draft? (Poll)

Postby skip » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Goirish374 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:34 pm I'm a firm proponent of the idea that your clock time is yours to do with as you please and no one else has the right to pressure you on how you use it, whether that means choosing a pick or getting the kids from swimming/grandmas/spring festival/etc...but damn.

You know when your pick is. You know whether the people ahead of you have pre drafted or not (in MFL). One should handle trade discussions while on deck instead of while on the clock! It should be a matter of basic trade ettiquette.
I don't disagree with any of this. Considerate owners typically already let you know their availability and it is a non issue. I've seen some who will visit the site over and over, carry on active discussions, etc. No issue necessarily with that either. But I had an owner in one if my leagues let his pick for almost 3 full days while he was fielding and making offers. I guess it depends on how we view the purpose of the clock (if there is one).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 pm

skip wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm
Goirish374 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:34 pm I'm a firm proponent of the idea that your clock time is yours to do with as you please and no one else has the right to pressure you on how you use it, whether that means choosing a pick or getting the kids from swimming/grandmas/spring festival/etc...but damn.

You know when your pick is. You know whether the people ahead of you have pre drafted or not (in MFL). One should handle trade discussions while on deck instead of while on the clock! It should be a matter of basic trade ettiquette.
I don't disagree with any of this. Considerate owners typically already let you know their availability and it is a non issue. I've seen some who will visit the site over and over, carry on active discussions, etc. No issue necessarily with that either. But I had an owner in one if my leagues let his pick for almost 3 full days while he was fielding and making offers. I guess it depends on how we view the purpose of the clock (if there is one).
Yeah guys doing deals on the clock annoys me but usually only when they are shopping their pick. If the pick is a hot commodity I totally get it and it doesn't bother me a bit.
Annoys me most when they hit me up asking some crazy price. IF I wanted it we would have been talking before you were on the clock guaranteed unless there was some extreme run of pre-drafts. So if you are coming to me (on the clock) you better be short selling it because whoever the great deal is there I don't want enough to pay to move into. To me it just reeks of desperation, you know of one of those guys that needs to eke out an extra 4th in "value" and "win" deals. Quit wasting everyone's time trying to "win" a deal trading back a spot just so you can do it again when that pick is on the clock.

Been in most of my leagues long enough my leaguemates know this about me so I don't know if guys are dealing on the clock or not until a deal is made.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:09 pm

maxhyde wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 pm Yeah guys doing deals on the clock annoys me but usually only when they are shopping their pick. If the pick is a hot commodity I totally get it and it doesn't bother me a bit.
yeah i don't know if i was clear on it or not but it's totally understandable if you receive offers while you are on the clock. obviously you have to take the time you need to research things, negotiate, etc.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:15 am
Coogan Football wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:29 pm Ours is scheduled for May 7th!

About half of the guys in my league are local (now that I moved back near where I'm originally from) and they are coming over that morning to start the festivities prior to the draft clock starting at noon.

I'm getting a bunch of beer and boiling crawfish for us (I know you damn yankees are jealous!) and we are gonna have ourselves a good time.

Unfortunately the golf course in my neighborhood will be down for maintenance while they rebuild the greens because I'm sure we'd venture out into the back yard and make a few bets using draft picks as currency and see who can make a longer putt or something while we are buzzed lol

dude crawfish is bait not food ! both of the leagues I commish start monday morning 6 :00 A.M. , 1 day to digest the draft and then the 1:1 goes OTC for 24 hours through 1:16 then after that 12 hours per pick starting at 2:1 . Rarely does the clock get used up as people are anxious to get it done .
If you think crawfish is better as bait than they are to eat then you haven't had 'em the way we cook 'em down here!

You definitely should've had some when you went down to Louisiana a while back.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:35 pm

eh perhaps the local fare I sampled cajun style I mostly wasn't a fan of - but did enjoy the hell out of the shed ... bbq joint / roadhouse in gulfport , saw it on triple D and another food show .
Have used crawfish as bait to catch catfish(although raw chicken liver works better imho ) much rather have my fish/seafood fried than boiled ... pretty much a hard pass but hey to each their own. My favorite louisiana thing is abita .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:44 am

Etouffe - great stuff and like all the spicy stuff down in LA
But I am kinda with cc here. Crawfish unless someone else does the work are just slightly more effort and messier than I like my food. probably wouldn't drink much beer if I had to grind hops either

maybe am soft/lazy? but feel I am past the point of eating for survival
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 am

I never bitch, moan, complain, or pressure owners to hustle up their picks, as I think it is not my place to do it (publicly at least). My leagues cannot trade OTC, so it kind of baffles me, especially the 1.01, when it is hours upon hours to get the first pick in. Pre-draft could be used a little more in the first round where you cannot trade. It does not bother me as much though, as I know some people really overthink things and that usually seems to backfire on them. Most of my leagues do not draft until July. Excited for tonight and this weekend, and hopefully I can do some wheeling and dealing once some names are put in locations.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Adrian_Charlie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Adrian_Charlie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

MikeMcnasty1 wrote: Sun May 01, 2016 7:21 am For those that started immediately, could you post the league site link so we can follow along?
Here's a recap of our 2016 rookie draft we commenced immediately after the NFL Draft was finished. For 1st round, each player was on the clock for up to 24 hours for research, trade opportunities, real life, etc. Clock got shorter in rounds 2 and 3. There are non-rookie picks because our waiver wire is locked prior to week 16 championship week, re-open during the draft.

http://wbdynastyfootball.tumblr.com/pos ... okie-draft

I'll be posting picks on twitter this year and will write a recap after it's finished.
12 Team 0.5ppr (6pt TDs) Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, DST, K
QB: Alex Smith, Matt Ryan
RB: Henry, Coleman, Riddick, Dixon, I Smith, R Kelley, Jon Williams, Guice (RIP)
WR: K Allen, Tate, Crowder, DeSean Jackson, Martavis, R Grant, Ross
TE: D Walker, Doyle
Flex: Barber
K: Streamer
DST: BAL
2019 Picks: 1st Rd, 2nd Rd, 3rd Rd

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, DST, K
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: L Miller, Jam Williams, Henry, A Jones, Abdullah, Barber, Jon Williams
WR: Julio, AJ Green, Hogan, Tate, Treadwell, Crabtree, DJ Moore, R Grant
TE: O.J. Howard
Flex: Amari
DST: LAC

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Adrian_Charlie

Adrian_Charlie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Adrian_Charlie » Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 am

Our draft starts on Tuesday!!! I wrote a preview of the 1st round http://wbdynastyfootball.tumblr.com/pos ... rojections

Feel free to discuss here, or with me on twitter. @Adrian_Charlie
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, DST, K
QB: Alex Smith, Matt Ryan
RB: Henry, Coleman, Riddick, Dixon, I Smith, R Kelley, Jon Williams, Guice (RIP)
WR: K Allen, Tate, Crowder, DeSean Jackson, Martavis, R Grant, Ross
TE: D Walker, Doyle
Flex: Barber
DST: BAL

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, DST, K
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: L Miller, Jam Williams, Henry, A Jones, Abdullah, Barber, Jon Williams
WR: Julio, AJ Green, Hogan, Tate, Treadwell, Crabtree, DJ Moore, R Grant
TE: O.J. Howard
Flex: Amari
DST: LAC

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Adrian_Charlie

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:10 am

Mine's not listed; we do one round per month the first week of May through August. Spreading it out keeps the whole spring/summer interesting.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 am

DLF IDP Invitational kicked off this morning.

http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... 44100&O=17
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."