NFL Draft Winners & Losers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Re: NFL Draft Winners & Losers

Postby Coogan Football » Sun May 01, 2016 7:20 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:Going kind of off the radar here and will give you a WINNER that most people just won't be interested in...........Mohamed Sanu

ATL paid him like a #2 at the start of the off-season, and I believe they plan on using him as such. The WR depth chart behind Julio is beyond thin, and despite that the Falcons didn't draft a WR until the 7th round. Sanu is setup well to have a very productive '16 season. Yes he played across from AJG in CIN, but I think the WR2 role in ATL has far more upside and stability, and it's a role that he should have all to himself as opposed to sharing it with Marvin Jones in CIN.

Look, I get it, it's quite likely that Sanu just isn't all that good. The opportunity is top notch IMO though, and I think even a mediocre talent like Sanu can stumble into a 1000/7 season across from Julio this year.

Maybe they like Justin Hardy more than we think?
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun May 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Coogan23 wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:Going kind of off the radar here and will give you a WINNER that most people just won't be interested in...........Mohamed Sanu

ATL paid him like a #2 at the start of the off-season, and I believe they plan on using him as such. The WR depth chart behind Julio is beyond thin, and despite that the Falcons didn't draft a WR until the 7th round. Sanu is setup well to have a very productive '16 season. Yes he played across from AJG in CIN, but I think the WR2 role in ATL has far more upside and stability, and it's a role that he should have all to himself as opposed to sharing it with Marvin Jones in CIN.

Look, I get it, it's quite likely that Sanu just isn't all that good. The opportunity is top notch IMO though, and I think even a mediocre talent like Sanu can stumble into a 1000/7 season across from Julio this year.

Maybe they like Justin Hardy more than we think?
That's quite possible. This still bodes well for Sanu this season IMO.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun May 01, 2016 10:55 pm

One reason Sanu was signed is that he's an above-average run-blocker on the perimeter. Which Shanahan's wide-zone scheme needs, and which they noticeably lacked in the second half of the season after Hankerson was injured and then later cut.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon May 02, 2016 1:26 am

ninotoreS wrote:One reason Sanu was signed is that he's an above-average run-blocker on the perimeter. Which Shanahan's wide-zone scheme needs, and which they noticeably lacked in the second half of the season after Hankerson was injured and then later cut.
I believe this too is true, and I read a few articles that outlined this to somewhat justify the contract that ATL had given Sanu when the signing happened.

In general, whether you like Sanu or think he's the worst WR ever, the situation and opportunity will be there for him. He's not a player that's going to win a league for you, but he could turn out to be a great complement piece for contending teams, especially in deeper lineup formats.

Every year there's those pesky players that nobody wants in dynasty leagues and carries no trade value, but they do enough to help put strong teams over the top. Guys like SSmith/Boldin/Andre Johnson have done that over the past few years. Granted all the older names I listed were potential HOF WRs who were at the end of their career and Sanu most definitely is NOT. I'm just mentioning them because they too were "un-sexy" names that everyone overlooked and most didn't even want to roster, but during the season when the goal shifts to actually scoring the most points, they come in handy. I think Sanu has a good chance to do the same this year.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon May 02, 2016 5:30 am

Betterthanyou wrote:Loser: Everyone who doesn't own 1.1.

Another Loser: Everyone paying their life savings for the rookie fever.

Not sure why you think that way.

I haven't seen a single person on these boards or in my leagues that is asking an unreasonable price for the 1.1 even after the landing spot.

What I HAVE seen, however, is guys who seem to think that they can try to rip off the 1.1 owner and then pout about it when their lowball offers don't get accepted.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

93devil
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby 93devil » Mon May 02, 2016 8:30 am

Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:
Coogan23 wrote:
TomBobAnderson wrote:Loser - Dolphins. We take a pothead with our first pick SMFH
If he was a "pothead" he would've failed a drug test at least once over the last 3 years....he stayed "clean" all that time according to the NCAA drug testing department, for all we know that video could be 3 years old..who knows.

They got a stud player @13 IMO
Agreed. Reminds me of Warren Sapp slipping in draft
Dan Marino was a coke head. Sure.
14 Team PPR (1.0) IDP Dynasty 53-man roster

1 QB - Bortles, A. Smith, Garoppolo
1-2 RB - D. Johnson, Bernard, J. White, Collins
2-4 WR - Matthews, Hurns, Fuller, Perriman,Gordon, Dorsett, Lee, Richardson, V. Jackson, Patton, Lewis
1-2 TE - Gronk, Griffin, Kendricks
1-2 DT Williams
2 DE Pierre-Paul, SpenceHeyward
3-4 LB Alonso, Compton, Foster, Dansby Rey, Roberts, Ragland, Nelson, James, Brothers, Maktevich
2 CB Burns, Worley
2 S Hyde, Killebrew Sorenson

14-Team Draft - 1.07, 1.08, 1.10, 2.01, 2.07, 2.10, 3.07, 3.08, 4.07, 6.07,

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 am

Telperion wrote:I like Treadwell, but Minnesota is a terrible spot for him. Teddy's skill set doesn't match up at all with Treadwell's.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

:wtf:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon May 02, 2016 9:31 am

JFever wrote:
Telperion wrote:I like Treadwell, but Minnesota is a terrible spot for him. Teddy's skill set doesn't match up at all with Treadwell's.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

:wtf:

:lol:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon May 02, 2016 9:57 am

PhadedCN wrote:Some of the hypocrisy in this thread is comical.

First, Fuller should help open up things for Hopkins. BUT Fuller is not good enough to take anything away from Hopkins. So which is it? Some of you are acting like teams are not going to focus on Hopkins and shift the focus go Fuller, which is also comical.

A lot of people are calling Zeke, Coleman & Fuller reaches and questioning the teams, yet these same people are salivating over Treadwell to the Vikings. Treating the Vikings like they are team-building wizards or draft gurus. But (and sorry to Vikings fans in advance), when was the last Super Bowl winning team they built? Oh, right..

They turned Diggs into a fantasy relevant receiver? After his 4 game stretch where he started out well, he was basically unstartable for the rest of the year aside from the one game late where he got a couple TDs - but most probably didn't start him.

There is reason to be worried about their scheme if they can't support a WR1 on their own team.
Over simplified and simply twisting facts.... Downplaying and minimizing to fit your angle.

I'd say Diggs was a fairly nice surpise for where he was drafted and the fantasy production he recorded. Wouldn't you?

Furthermore, The Vikings team happens to be built around a first ballot HOF talent in A.P. And... A defensive minded / conservative head coach who would much rather have his 2nd year QB throw the ball away and live to fight another down than to try to force it into an avg to below avg wr talent pool on a 3rd and 8 play... Anyway, as far as AP, he is nearing the end of his career as he enters the 2016 season at 31. Besides, that team hasn't been built around the pass for over a decade...

Zeke was a bit of a real life stretch as far as taking him that early when a few other options may have been a bit more risk adverse, but he should likely fantasy jackpot. I understand it has everything to do with the particular draft class though. It is a risk to take a rb that high. Really, it is. Coleman, was a reach and shouldn't have gone in front of Dockson or Treadwell, Leave it to Cleveland... and it's pretty obvious that his Qb situation (heck the total situation) - is not near as good as Treadwell's. Fuller is a big stretch and even though I think that stretching the field could / should help Hopkins, I think they could have waited and took a cheaper burner rather than overdraft a 5'10, 180lb 4.32 40 guy with very questionable hands. Heck... Houston should have tried to land M.Wallace when the Vikings cut him. Oh well. As a Vikings fan, I look at the big framed, 20 year old Treadwell, and I think... Nice short term / long term addition that fits Teddy's skill set like a glove. Not that the Vikings are "draft Guru's" as you put it.... Rather that, simply put, that they have a team that is trending in the Right direction. They are adding talent and are building a team the right way. I personally believe in Zimmer and feel he has this team moving in the right direction. Again, they did go 11-5 last year by the way. Everyone here knows the Vikings have not put together too many super bowl "winning" teams, 0 total..., but, PhadedCN, when you say stuff like that and try to apologize for it a head of time, you deserve to be called out. Your opinion is your opinion, but man... The Vikes have lost 4 super bowls in their team history, and 5 NFC championships... and 3 of those NFC championships were exceptionally close and could have easily gone either way.

They historically are a storied franchise that is a hell of a lot more consistent and competitive than over half the NFL. you passively write them off as a crap franchise based on their lack of a collection of super bowl rings. Seems a bit silly to me because 13 teams have never won a Super Bowl. And, I'm sure the cockeyed logic you used in your line of thinking isn't applied to all of the teams that would fit your rationale.... as - That's nearly half of the entire league. The non-champions are the Bills, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Chargers, Eagles, Vikings, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Cardinals. Weird huh?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon May 02, 2016 6:52 pm

I don't think you can be a storied franchise without at least 1 Super Bowl

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon May 02, 2016 6:55 pm

"Dan Marino was a coke head. Sure"

False

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue May 03, 2016 5:47 pm

someone needs to take their internet sarcasm detector into the shop for a tune-up

unless it's my own that needs it

anyway come to think of it cocaine likely qualifies as a legitimate PED... pot not so much
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE