DLF Podcast

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

DLF Podcast

Postby gkritikos » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 am

Hey all,

We will be releasing the newest episode of the DLF Podcast today. Jeff Miller, Nick Whalen, and myself (George Kritikos) will be the hosts going forward, or at least some combination of us. We are all excited about taking the reins and hope we can provide a positive listening experience for everyone. Thought I would post a few things here as I have been trying to become more active on the forum:

1) The podcast is under the same RSS feed so for those of you already subscribed, no need to make any changes. If you're not subscribed, just search for "DLF Podcast" on your various players.
2) If you are on Twitter, you will need to re-follow the @dlfpodcast account. The old account was re-named by the former group to coincide with their new offering.

Most importantly, I want to foster an environment where everyone can provide feedback and suggestions for future episodes. Much of this is mentioned on the first episode (spoiler?) but we want to feature more DLF writers, focus on episodes listeners are excited/curious about, and let the show evolve into something we can all be proud of.

Ok, enough yapping on my end. Take a listen, hope you enjoy, and help make it even better!

George
Find me on Twitter @Rotohack

startstopping
Role Player
Role Player

Re: DLF Podcast

Postby startstopping » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:03 am

Excited for the Pod!

Will you and Nick still be doing filmetrix as well on the side?

gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gkritikos » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:18 am

startstopping wrote:Excited for the Pod!

Will you and Nick still be doing filmetrix as well on the side?

Hey man, thanks. Yes, we are still going to do FilMetrx. Both Nick and I were not willing to give that up and the guys at DLF were very supportive and didn't want us to either. Basically, you'll be hearing a lot of us!

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:15 am

well, i'll just steal from my post in the other thread: consider dropping news and notes about speculative moves/decisions, or at least keep the time delay between recording and release in mind.

excited for the new podcast!
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gkritikos » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:55 am

Goirish374 wrote:well, i'll just steal from my post in the other thread: consider dropping news and notes about speculative moves/decisions, or at least keep the time delay between recording and release in mind.

excited for the new podcast!
Thanks for the feedback. We addressed some of this on the podcast so our thinking is aligned. It is actually now available to download/listen to so feel free to provide more thoughts afterward.

George

cc texan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cc texan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm also really excited about this. Any chance you bring Tim Stafford in for a few? I think he's conservative view to the game is a nice balance to the crazy "hot takes" that most hosts seem to have on every other podcast.
12 Team IDP. QB:1 / RB:1-3 / WR:2-5 / TE:1-3 / DL:2-4 / LB:2-4 / DB:2-4
QB: Newton, Rivers
RB: Hyde, Gordon, Martin, Dixon, Prosise, Williams (GB), Connor
WR: Beckham, Parker, White, Ty Williams, Doctson, Schuster-Smith, Boyd
TE: Thomas, Howard, Everett
DL: Cox, Fowler, Clark
LB: Alonso, Kendricks, Mack, Hicks, Kirksey, Mercilus, Ray
DB: Ryan, B Jones
Devy: Bryan Edwards

gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gkritikos » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:06 pm

cc texan wrote:I'm also really excited about this. Any chance you bring Tim Stafford in for a few? I think he's conservative view to the game is a nice balance to the crazy "hot takes" that most hosts seem to have on every other podcast.
Great suggestion. Love Tim and would be happy to have him anytime. We can definitely try to plan for that!

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Offended and Upset the the MVP of this forum (according to DLF metrics) hasnt been invited on this podcast :-( lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (11 – 3)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (7 – 7)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow | Kyler Murray
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2023 Regular Season Record: 218 – 106

gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gkritikos » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:48 pm

joeday wrote:Offended and Upset the the MVP of this forum (according to DLF metrics) hasnt been invited on this podcast :-( lol
Haha. It's only been one episode! (and the 194 before it...)

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:12 am

dlf_georgek wrote:
joeday wrote:Offended and Upset the the MVP of this forum (according to DLF metrics) hasnt been invited on this podcast :-( lol
Haha. It's only been one episode! (and the 194 before it...)
I see how it is! haha
BERLIN BOMBERS (11 – 3)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (7 – 7)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow | Kyler Murray
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2023 Regular Season Record: 218 – 106

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:44 am

Gave it a listen...you had me at The Scorpions.

Solid first episode. What intrigues me most is you have Nick as a film guy, George as a metrics guy, and Jeff as a gut/gambler guy. I think that's where this podcast could really stand out...differing fundamental perspectives leads to debate which makes for better listening. Plus, I've always been a big fan of Jeff's sense of humour, and he only paid me a small cash fee to say that.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

dlf_jeffm
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_jeffm » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 am

Dookmariot wrote:Gave it a listen...you had me at The Scorpions.

Solid first episode. What intrigues me most is you have Nick as a film guy, George as a metrics guy, and Jeff as a gut/gambler guy. I think that's where this podcast could really stand out...differing fundamental perspectives leads to debate which makes for better listening. Plus, I've always been a big fan of Jeff's sense of humour, and he only paid me a small cash fee to say that.
On a scale of 1 to 793, I'd put my sense of humor around 793 with a margin of error of .000001753%

I think the thing I'm most excited for personally is talking strategy with people. There are so many numbers nerds (geeks/losers/whatever you want to call these Poindexters) and film losers (nerds/geeks/etc.) that discussion on roster makeup, how to handle rookie picks, auction strategy, and the ilk doesn't happen as often as it should. That's the stuff I geek (nerd/loser) out on.

It's just too bad the DLF brass made me work with George and Nick when I asked for Tom Selleck and this guy named Phil I met in the checkout line at Safeway.

gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gkritikos » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:17 am

Dookmariot wrote:Gave it a listen...you had me at The Scorpions.

I will take credit for the Scorpions but none of the humor.

slightlyuntrue
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby slightlyuntrue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:19 am

More George & Nick podcast content is definitely very welcome but Jeff Miller has some work to do in refining his host game. Far too much "I & me" talk, self-deprecating, pre-apologizing and general no-value-added time filling. Not as bad as Jarrett's constant self-amused giggling and superficial "here's what I think" chalk analysis though.

This seems harsher than intended, the intent is to offer some pointed constructive feedback. The podcasts hosts Rotoviz are the gold standard IMO...Jon Moore, Kevin Cole and especially Matthew Friedman set the bar high with their professional presentation, tone and data-supported arguments.

EDIT: Cmon guys, ranking candy? Really? That's outtake-level content at best. Nobody wants to hear that on dynasty football podcast. Especially when you have a excellent guest like Rich Hribar!
2nd-yr 12-team 30-roster superflex devy
QB: Brady Ben Kizer Lynch Trubisky
RB: DeMarco ingram Caff Prosise Kamara Sims
WR: ABrown Maclin GTate Moncrief Meredith Quick Godwin
TE: Eifert ASJ Swoope

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:21 am

I haven't listened to the second episode yet but I felt you guys had obvious chemistry after listening to the first. There are so many podcasts that lose me after the first episode I listen to because the hosts are disjointed, the content adds nothing new, and the hosts sound terrible on air (this is still a form of radio to me, and if your voice is nasal or just not built for the airwaves, stick to the print). Anyhow, looking forward to #2.