What's your story?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: What's your story?

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:03 am

chuy1530 wrote: This year a few friends from high school that I've kept in touch with decided to put together a dynasty league. We've got the 12 owners already and will be having the draft in early August. I got the #2 pick. It's all of our first dynasty league except for one guy, so I've got no idea how the draft is going to go. Looking forward to reading the threads on here and looking for any info I can use to get ahead!
Welcome! The team advice forum will be your best friend.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:46 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:
vixen wrote:i like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain....wait....umm, wrong site....but perhaps they should have a dating forum on here...seems like good odds

another from MN. this will be my 25th season of fantasy football. i drafted randall cunningham the first year. went to the hospital to congratulate my sister and welcome my new niece to the family. i told my sister to turn on the game because my QB was playing (already hooked)- no cunningham. injured and out for the season. September 1, 1991 ... but only my 4th year of dynasty.

my name, hopefully, lets everyone know that i am a girl. I have always loved the game (thanks to my aunt), fantasy football kicked it up a notch.

i recently bought an RV and viking'd it up...
Please tell me this will be out and about around US Bank Stadium this year
i hope to get to a game...gonna take it to TN for the first game of the season...SKOL
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

StormSurge
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby StormSurge » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 am

Hi!

I've been playing fantasy football since 1992. My first year was rough, as I assumed that having a lot of Houston Oilers would help me thanks to the run & shoot. I learned quickly not to have too many players from the same team on your fantasy team. (I started Warren Moon, Lendale White, Earnest Givens & Haywood Jeffries)

In '93, I created my own league, 8 teams, TD only. Expanded to 10 in '94 & in '98 expanded to 12, along with an auction, keepers, salaries & a college draft. (I believe that's now referred to as a devy league?) We had a good run through 2011, when it became way too difficult to track down money (even with LeagueSafe) and coordinate the auction. I joined a buddy's Yahoo league in 2012 & '13 and didn't participate at all in 2014.

One of my original league mates invited me to take over a scrub team in his league last year, which is modeled after our old league & I somehow managed to win the title. Needless to say the bug is back!

I'm also creating a deep dynasty league as a test this year with many of my original league mates, so I'm sure I'll be posting in the Commish forum often looking for advice.

I'm a long-suffering Dolphins fan living in Connecticut. I like video games & labrador retrievers. I have a 15 year old daughter which is hard to believe. And I can't wait for training camps to open.
Last edited by StormSurge on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

StormSurge
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby StormSurge » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:25 am

vixen wrote:
i told my sister to turn on the game because my QB was playing (already hooked)- no cunningham. injured and out for the season. September 1, 1991 ... but only my 4th year of dynasty.
I remember that vividly. He tore his PCL that day (the Dolphins also lost to the Bills :evil: ) which is the same injury I suffered the November before, my first & only year I ever played football.

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:00 pm

I have been playing fantasy football since the late 1990s (redraft) when we tracked scores ourselves and had our draft by writing names on a chalkboard. Upgrade to a white board was quite the big deal back then.

As a father of 5 and physician who lives in New Jersey, about 30 minutes east of Philly, my obsession with Philadelphia sports teams has helped me develop thick skin and allows ample time during most league playoffs to focus on fantasy football.

I basically broke the seal on my dynasty football experience 3 years ago when I took over a last place orphan dynasty team in a 10 team, PPR league with IDP and salary cap. Yeah, I basically only have two gears, 5th and park. Suffice to say that it was a lot to take on, but have reaped far more fun than I would have ever imagined in shaping a last place team to a 2nd place finish 2 years later. That league unfortunately folded and morphed into the new 12 team league in my signature.

I am still in that initial redraft league with guys from med school but have expanded my empire. I now play in another redraft, share 3 FFPC FBG teams along with 2 dynasty football leagues and a smattering of MFL10s. Two of the leagues which I am commissioner.

Suffice to say, I am addicted. I literally devour podcasts and my twitter feed like Neo in the Matrix getting a training upload.

I realized I may have a football addiction problem when I was watching reruns of hard knocks in off season just to get my football fix as well as lurking and posting on the DLF forums at an alarmingly high rate until the wee hours of the morning. Watching draft breakdown and taking notes months before the NFL draft and my rookie/free agent drafts. My sheets look like the office of Russell Crowe in a beautiful mind, but make sense to me.

When I am not obsessing over my fantasy football teams, I am working out in my basement doing p90x (eddie lacy has yet to show up here) or playing basketball or some sport with one of my kids in the back yard.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

nyterp
Starter
Starter

Postby nyterp » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:29 am

New to the site, and relatively new to dynasty, but been playing fantasy football for about 10-12 years. Going into third year in a dynasty league and I am hooked. Had a great first year, but wish I had found this site last year because I made some bad moves and now my team is awful, but it is at least a learning experience. Team was so bad I decided to do the dispersal draft with new owners and went all in on the future, so team is still really really bad but I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Have a three month old, so sleep comes at a premium, but now I can browse these boards at 3 AM when he wont sleep, so maybe the lack of sleep won't be as bad. Giants fan stuck in Ravens territory. Fortunately there are enough of us transplanted New Yorkers down here that I can typically find an ally pretty easily.

Work trying to help mentally ill people in jail get into treatment and out of jail, so that keeps me on my toes. Lots of downtime though (which I can't figure out since everything you read says there are way too many mentally ill people in jail), so again these boards will help me get through the boredom. Like to run in my free time but I certainly would not consider myself good at it.

Look forward to getting great advice and not giving horrible advice and just reading about fantasy football.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

mrmagloo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby mrmagloo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:51 am

Joined a FF league in 2011 for the first time, it was a keeper league. Didn't realize for the first two years what I was even doing, much to the pleasure of the other nine league mates. Joined a dynasty league in 2014. Like the dynasty format more than the keeper format. But I still suffer from quick trigger type A personality. But I am learning to be patient. Grew up in northwest Indiana during the late 60's and early 70's, Bears fan at heart. But they sucked in those days, so I was always a fan of the AFL west teams. Loved Daryle Lamonica, John Hadl and Lenny Dawson. Wish I would have gotten into FF sooner, but as I near retirement, it is a nice "little" hobby to have.
Rollin with Mahomes
10 team, standard dynasty league, roster 22, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K First Year 2018 runner up
QB- Mahomes, Winston
RB- Drake, Carson, Thompson, Chubb, R Jones, Darrel Williams, Penny, Samuels
WR- Julio, Mike Williams, JUJU, Golladay, DJ Moore, McLaurin, D Johnson
TE- OJ, Hooper
IR- Butler, Guice
TS- D Henderson, J Hill
2020- 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:46 am

You do not want to know my story, but the book will be for sale on Amazon later this year.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jamie236
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jamie236 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Started Dynasty this season for the first time as a guy i know had a group of 9 that have been doing it for years but needed one more person. I didn't really know a whole lot about it but if i had my time to do it again i for sure would. Struggling after the first 2 weeks. I love it though, a lot of fun just wish my team was a little better haha
Team 1 - 10 Teams. Non-PPR. 24 Team Keeper. Start 3 WR.

QB - M.Stafford, R.Wilson, D.Watson.
RB - Cmac, R.Freeman, I.Crowell, M.Gaskin,
WR - M.Evans, A.Cooper, S.Diggs, JuJu, C.Kirk, T.Lockett, D.Moncrief, D.Pettis, P.Rich, K.Stills, Ty.Williams, D.Moore, D.Jackson, A.Callaway
TE - J.James, K.Rudolph

SanDiegoGuy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SanDiegoGuy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi all. Let me start by stating that I am a drooler. I come from a long line of droolers. My mom was a drooler and her mother was a drooler. Even my dog, Molly, is a drooler. My brother is a drooler too. Neither he or I has ever married for we both realized that it was up to us to end this vicious cycle of drool. My brother is long dead now and I only have a short time left. So not to worry, it will all come to an end soon.

Now, for dynasty football. I have been playing regular fantasy for several years now, but even though I seemed very successful at it, never felt it to be a very realistic experience. So a year ago I struck out on my own to establish a Keeper League with an auction and contracts, etc. My goal was and is to make it as realistic as possible to being a real owner of an NFL team. I learned a lot in that first year and made several major changes including removing a few owners who didn't seem to understand the idea of fantasy football and didn't respect other owners having the right to manage their team any way they wanted and saw fit.

But now all seems better, but I am still adding and changing some things to make it more and more realistic and complete. This coming season I will be adding a snake draft based on final rankings for all veteran players not included on the teams' Keeper List. After that prior to the season, we will then have our regular auction draft of unclaimed Veterans and Rookie players.

I am still trying out different sites for our league, hoping to find the ideal one eventually. Hopefully when I do, it will take some of the work and record keeping off my shoulders.

Well, that is that. After several years of participating in several different leagues each year, I have decided that it is much more real to give my all playing and owning just one league and team for the rest of my life. It just eventually got ludicrous drafting different players in different leagues, and then rooting for some in one league and against the same ones in other leagues. Just not real and less intense than having all your eggs in one basket and having to make your one team the best you can year after year.

I love the site here. It would have been a big help if I had discovered it a year or two ago. But better late than never.

By the way, if you relate to the way I feel above and would like to join my league, I will always be open to expansion, if there is no opening for a replacement owner.
Wild West Shootout

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:11 pm

I guess it is time to introduce ourselves. AlPal&Ange. We are likely different than many of the other avid forum users for many reasons. The first being, there are two of us on the same account. We share many similar views on players, and converse daily about players and values so we usually agree with what we write. Nevertheless, a little about ourselves. We may be the youngest forum users are the ripe age of 19. We are college students, at the same college. Al Pal is an El Ed major, ambitious as many say :lol:, and I am the normal mundane number crunching accounting major. We both run cross country and track here. He is far better than I. Be it as it may. For being avid sports fans, we are by definition NAF’s (Non-Athletic F***ers), you get the drift. He nor I have ever played football, so we just learn on the fly, read as much as we can, and watch football!
Enough of the personal garbage nobody cares about. All you guys care about is how we got into dynasty football. So here it goes! We got into dynasty and this here forum due to the reference of a former teacher, JFever. Great guy I may add. We took over an orphan team, one of seven; the remaining six teams were claimed by other teachers, and we had a draft with the players remaining in the pool. We luckily drafted well, and won the ‘ship in our first year. To say the least we were hooked. Soon dynasty talk facilitated the 50-70 miles a week we that ran throughout the summer, the arduous hours landscaping for our summer job, and essentially brought us closer.
Since starting dynasty less than two years ago, we continue to co-own the first dynasty league with former educators. We also each have devy teams in different leagues. These two short years have just shown us that dynasty is more strategic and a hellova lot more fun than normal redraft leagues.
If anyone has tips or advice for young guns like ourselves, all advice is eagerly and happily welcomed!

AlPal&Ange
Last edited by AlPal&Ange on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:31 am

[quote="AlPal&Ange"We got into dynasty and this we forum from our high school teacher JFever. Great guy I may add.[/quote]
Very cool! I just hope he's not your English teacher.

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 am

dlf_jules wrote:[quote="AlPal&Ange"We got into dynasty and this we forum from our high school teacher JFever. Great guy I may add.
Very cool! I just hope he's not your English teacher.[/quote]
Oh god. I did not realize how atrocious the grammar was... :lol: Probably should not have typed this under the influence. Oops. :crazy:
Lucky for him he taught life sciences.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:30 am

AlPal&Ange wrote:
dlf_jules wrote:
AlPal&Ange wrote:We got into dynasty and this we forum from our high school teacher JFever. Great guy I may add.
Very cool! I just hope he's not your English teacher.
Oh god. I did not realize how atrocious the grammar was... :lol: Probably should not have typed this under the influence. Oops. :crazy:
Lucky for him he taught life sciences.
Oh, I wasn't making fun of your grammar. I was making fun of his. No worries, though. You have a good sherpa.

MNnoles
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MNnoles » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:45 pm

This is my 2nd year with a dynasty league. I wish I found one a long time ago, I like it a lot more than any redraft league Ive done in the past. I've been a lurker on here and other forums since I tore my patellar tendon this past fall. Ive had a lot of time to scout for next years class,lol. I am a diehard Viking and FSU Seminole fan, weird combo I know. I have family who went to FSU. I'm looking forward to hopefully contributing or just getting more tips down the road from this site
12 Team PPR
QB- J. Winston, B. Mayfield
RB- S. Barkley, D.Cook, J.Mixon, Du.Johnson, J.Samuels,
WR- D.Hopkins, M.Evans, T.McLaurin, DJ Moore, L.Fitz, AJ Brown, D.Slayton, JJAW, A.Callaway, A. Isabella, A.Lazard
TE- E.Engram, O.Howard, D.Knox