What's your story?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Re: What's your story?

Postby dawgs4life » Mon May 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Dawgs4life, yes I'm a Browns fan since birth. Born in Sandusky, OH (please no Tommy Boy jokes) as I am similar sized to Chris Farley (5-9 255). I currently live in Sheboygan WI. Think Wisconsin is one of the best states to live in, as I have traveled quite a bit for work in my younger years. I have a Mechanical Engineering degree from UW Milwaukee and been working in the field for 20+ years.
Started fantasy back in highschool, 1992 and ran 2 leagues back then. So I know what it's like to do scores in a notebook from the Monday / Thursday USA Today printed newspaper. Emmitt Smith holdout killed an entire year for me back then, and still hate the cowboys ever since.
We then took 1 local redraft league to Dynasty in 2006 and it finally folded last year do to guys being in online leagues and daily leagues. I still play 1 local non ppr league with some friends, but play 8 large leagues online. Hooked up with an awesome group of guys that run these 16/16 32 team leagues with salary cap, contracts and full IDP. Most are 53 player rosters with 15-20 taxi, so not much ever left in the Fa pool. So you have to be quick to pull the trigger to get a FA, almost forecast. All leagues done in MFL , and urge any IDP enthusiasts out there to check them out.
World Fantasy Football Challenge and DEVY league, Bragging Rights, and my personal favorite UK Gridiorn These are a great group of guys to play with. And recommend if you can get a team opening give it a whirl...it's challenging to say the least.
I spend most of my time researching the next best thing because 2 of my teams are DEVY leagues. I think playing In a Devy league it gets you more prepared for the all rookie drafts more, especially IDP. You see these players when there 2 years or more before the NFL draft. You could say I'm way more of a film guy, but since seeing all the stat analysis on DLF, I want to use it more....just don't have much more time. I only get time outside my research to get on DLF 1 or 2 times a week and the forums about 1 time a week, so I'm usually pretty quiet on here. I have gotten involved in a few discussions in the past but don't like to argue as I have my opinions. The one I remember the most was being called an idiot for over valuing JStew, but still worked out as I play in huge deep leagues (start 22, 11 offense and 11 defense)
Best trade I ever pulled off was for Chris Johnson 2008....I had the 7th pick and traded 7 and Marvin Harrison for 6 to jump in front of this guy he had Lindell White...and sipped Johnson right in front of him. He ended up taking Kevin Smith and Harrison never played another full season.
FF is my only hobby left beside golf so it takes up most of my evening free time. But like I said I spend more time on research than forums.
Anyhow there it is, as again I don't post often but thought I'd make you'all aquaintance. thanks for the platform guys.

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon May 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Welcome Dawgs. I had a similar story with a Chris Johnson trade. I traded away 1.07 and 1.08 for Chris Johnson. The other coach took Mark Sanchez and a RB (don't recall who) that never panned out).

Welcome to DLF
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

forrestmoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby forrestmoons » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:28 am

Name is Forrest Moons. 24 years old from Orlando, FL. Biggest New England sports fan, however (mom is from Foxboro), so, yes, I am a spoiled Patriots fan. I'm a bartender/server at a resort at Universal Orlando and I cater for a local BBQ restaurant, while trying to finish a history degree at the University of Central Florida. My hobbies outside of fantasy football include drinking craft beer, being a foodie, gaming, civil war reenacting, traveling at every opportunity I get, and most of the usual stuff 20-somethings do.

My fantasy football experience is about 10 years with 2016 being my first dynasty startup. I'm now in three leagues, adding an orphan and another startup a month from now and I just recently joined the DLF community and am so glad I did. I'm also active on fantasy twitter and the dynasty reddit page. I value most opinions I come across and LOVE having discussions. My buddy and I started a fantasy podcast recently and run twitter page under the name 'Fantasy Phenoms'.

I really look forward to being a part of this community more moving forward and if you're ever in Orlando and are looking to grab a beer then please let me know. I'd be happy to show you Orlando's finest local breweries and hangouts.
10 Team, Standard Scoring, 2 Flex
QB: Mariota, Tannehill, Goff
RB: Montgomery, Dixon, Abdullah, Perkins, Prosise,
WR: Hopkins, Thomas (NO), Coleman, Moncrief, Parker, Snead, Britt, Lockett, Mitchell
TE: Ebron, Ertz, Fiedorowicz
D/ST: New England
K: Hopkins
Rookies: Mixon, Mack, Godwin, Golladay, C. Williams

12 team, PPR, 2 Flex
QB: Mariota, Tannehill
RB: T. West, J. Hill, Riddick, Montgomery, Richard, Zenner
WR: Thomas (DEN), Thomas (NO), Wallace, T. Williams (LAC), Woods, Moncrief, Stills, A. Wilson
TE: Hooper, Allen, Swoope
K: Bailey
DEF: MIN, JAX
Rookies: Njoku, McNichols, Godwin, Taylor, C. Williams, A. Jones, Kittle, Breida, Malone

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:21 am

Awesome intro ... Thanks for the introduction Forrest! I'll be down in your neck of the woods in late August.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:33 am

forrestmoons wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:28 am Name is Forrest Moons. 24 years old from Orlando, FL. Biggest New England sports fan, however (mom is from Foxboro), so, yes, I am a spoiled Patriots fan. I'm a bartender/server at a resort at Universal Orlando and I cater for a local BBQ restaurant, while trying to finish a history degree at the University of Central Florida. My hobbies outside of fantasy football include drinking craft beer, being a foodie, gaming, civil war reenacting, traveling at every opportunity I get, and most of the usual stuff 20-somethings do.

My fantasy football experience is about 10 years with 2016 being my first dynasty startup. I'm now in three leagues, adding an orphan and another startup a month from now and I just recently joined the DLF community and am so glad I did. I'm also active on fantasy twitter and the dynasty reddit page. I value most opinions I come across and LOVE having discussions. My buddy and I started a fantasy podcast recently and run twitter page under the name 'Fantasy Phenoms'.

I really look forward to being a part of this community more moving forward and if you're ever in Orlando and are looking to grab a beer then please let me know. I'd be happy to show you Orlando's finest local breweries and hangouts.
I share your fandom of the Patriots, craft beer and interest in the Civil War. I'll check out the Fantasy Phenoms page. Welcome!

pigsooie
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby pigsooie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi all, my name is Joel Thomas. I am from Oklahoma but originally from Northern California. I am a auto painter by trade, been​ in the business 27+ years. I've been married for 24 yrs and have one son who is now a grown man. I have been playing FF since around 2008 and in a dynasty league for the last 5. Besides fantasy football I like to do pretty much anything outdoors whether it is hunting, camping, or riding atv's. Heck I even look for bigfoot on occasion lol. I've experienced the highs and lows of FF and can't see myself ever not playing. I have met a lot of great people that play and have done my fair share of teaching the great game we love to other's. Haha some of which I have a tough time beating now. I've tried other fantasy sports but didn't like them as much as I do football. I have two leagues I mainly focus on now, my keeper league that is going on 9 yrs and my dynasty league that is going on 5 yrs both of which I commish. Both leagues are healthy and active. I also run a redraft league for our shop. I play most of my leagues on ESPN, I like that it is free and the layout is pretty easy to navigate. I've played in big money leagues and competitive free leagues but have recently been downsizing the amount of leagues I am in the past couple years. I look forward to being a part of the forum community and giving my 2¢ worth on occasion. I am pretty new to the message board forum thing but will do my best. As you can probably see I am not the best at writing, spelling and my punctuation but like my fantasy teams I can get by. It will be nice to get opinions on players and trades from others that I do not play in leagues with. I love talking fantasy football and football in general.
10 team SuperFlex 1pt PPR 28 man roster 20 keepers
We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Sup Flex, 2 RB/WR/TE, D/ST, K
Qb's
Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Tony Romo, Brock Osweiler,
AJ McCarron
Rb's
Carlos Hyde, Doug Martin, CJ Prosise, Jeremy Hill, Jerrick McKinnon, Dwayne Washington,
Darius Jackson, Zach Zenner
Wr's
Demarius Thomas, Michael Thomas (NO), Golden Tate, Devante Parker, John Brown,
Breshad Perriman, Allen Hurns, Laquon Treadwell, Malcom Mitchell, Paul Richardson, Mohammed Sanu
Te's
Travis Kelce, Ladarius Green, AJ Derby

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:08 am

Hey Joel, welcome to DLF. Where were you last year when I was trying to figure out how in the heck to paint an area of my 4Runner that I really wanted to do myself .... just to learn that skill. What I realized is that it is PURELY an art form and best left to the experts. LOL. It was awful.

Loved your story and we're happy to have you hear. And, btw, I think you write really well. Let me know if you find Bigfoot as here in the PacNW, it would really solve a lot of arguments.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

pigsooie
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby pigsooie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:47 pm

dlf_jeffh wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:08 am Hey Joel, welcome to DLF. Where were you last year when I was trying to figure out how in the heck to paint an area of my 4Runner that I really wanted to do myself .... just to learn that skill. What I realized is that it is PURELY an art form and best left to the experts. LOL. It was awful.

Loved your story and we're happy to have you hear. And, btw, I think you write really well. Let me know if you find Bigfoot as here in the PacNW, it would really solve a lot of arguments.
Haha I will keep looking for him, I hear he is blurry.. Feel free to ask any questions in the future on anything auto body related. Glad to be here, thanks for having me.
10 team SuperFlex 1pt PPR 28 man roster 20 keepers
We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Sup Flex, 2 RB/WR/TE, D/ST, K
Qb's
Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Tony Romo, Brock Osweiler,
AJ McCarron
Rb's
Carlos Hyde, Doug Martin, CJ Prosise, Jeremy Hill, Jerrick McKinnon, Dwayne Washington,
Darius Jackson, Zach Zenner
Wr's
Demarius Thomas, Michael Thomas (NO), Golden Tate, Devante Parker, John Brown,
Breshad Perriman, Allen Hurns, Laquon Treadwell, Malcom Mitchell, Paul Richardson, Mohammed Sanu
Te's
Travis Kelce, Ladarius Green, AJ Derby

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:30 am

UVM Hockey, Ajax Amsterdam & Miami Dolphins fan living in Burlington, VT. I've been playing redraft leagues since 2004, keeper leagues since 2014 and this is my second year playing in dynasty leagues. I work for an independent record label, music publisher and booking agency. Collector of vinyl (with a focus on roots reggae & dub) and voracious consumer of live music. You'll typically find me hiking, biking, swimming & snowboarding (always w/my dog whenever possible)...just depends on the season.

Oh yeah. Love good beer and good food (also with my dog, he loves beer too) 'cause I live in Vermont and that's primarily what we are good at.

Cheers dudes.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:02 am

btv802 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:30 am UVM Hockey, Ajax Amsterdam & Miami Dolphins fan living in Burlington, VT. I've been playing redraft leagues since 2004, keeper leagues since 2014 and this is my second year playing in dynasty leagues. I work for an independent record label, music publisher and booking agency. Collector of vinyl (with a focus on roots reggae & dub) and voracious consumer of live music. You'll typically find me hiking, biking, swimming & snowboarding (always w/my dog whenever possible)...just depends on the season.

Oh yeah. Love good beer and good food (also with my dog, he loves beer too) 'cause I live in Vermont and that's primarily what we are good at.

Cheers dudes.
I also live in VT - and enjoy my share of Shed, Switchback and Long Trail.

Bucky15
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bucky15 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:45 am

I'm pretty new to the forum. I joined to seek out advice and opinions doing my first dynasty start up. I was finally able to join a dynasty league this year and am very excited. I'm 29 years old from Minnesota, but am a die hard Packers fan. I always been manically obsessed with sports and stats, so my "skill set" fits well in the fantasy community. I didn't start playing fantasy football competitively until 2011, but won the first league I was ever in. The group didn't let me rejoin the next year after finding out I wasn't going to be easy money... sore losers! After that year though I was hooked. My win percentage has been good so far, 2011, 2013, 2015 x2 champion. I've been able to win a league every other year. If history repeats itself, I'm in line to win at least one of the leauges I'm in 2017. I play in 3 leagues, one with high school buddies since 2012, one with work buddies since 2014, and then decided to leave my league with college buddies launched in 2013 to join this dynasty league started by a high school classmate this year. Fantasy football definitely consumes a large portion of my life, it's my favorite hobby alongside drinking/trying/collecting craft beer. The two can and should go hand in hand. I can't wait to really get going in this new dynasty league, and thank you all in advance for any advice you give me!
12 Team 20 Roster Spots & 5 IR 1/2 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

Team 1
Mahomes, Stafford
A. Jones, Guice, RoJo, Hyde, Edwards, Gio, C. Thompson, Dixon, CJA, J. Jackson
MT, Diggs, Cooks, G. Tate, MVS, Smokey Brown, Goodwin
Ertz, Burton, Herndon

1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

12 Team 20 Roster Spots & 5 IR 1/2 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

Team 2
Luck, Dalton
Kamara, Michel, D. Henry, T. Coleman, Brieda, Foreman, Dixon
OBJ, MT, JuJu, A-Rob, Kirk, D. Hamilton, Crowder, T Smith (NO)
Howard, Ebron, Rudolph

1.8, 2.8, 4.8
1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:09 am

BStad wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:45 am I'm pretty new to the forum. I joined to seek out advice and opinions doing my first dynasty start up. I was finally able to join a dynasty league this year and am very excited. I'm 29 years old from Minnesota, but am a die hard Packers fan. I always been manically obsessed with sports and stats, so my "skill set" fits well in the fantasy community. I didn't start playing fantasy football competitively until 2011, but won the first league I was ever in. The group didn't let me rejoin the next year after finding out I wasn't going to be easy money... sore losers! After that year though I was hooked. My win percentage has been good so far, 2011, 2013, 2015 x2 champion. I've been able to win a league every other year. If history repeats itself, I'm in line to win at least one of the leauges I'm in 2017. I play in 3 leagues, one with high school buddies since 2012, one with work buddies since 2014, and then decided to leave my league with college buddies launched in 2013 to join this dynasty league started by a high school classmate this year. Fantasy football definitely consumes a large portion of my life, it's my favorite hobby alongside drinking/trying/collecting craft beer. The two can and should go hand in hand. I can't wait to really get going in this new dynasty league, and thank you all in advance for any advice you give me!
Welcome! You certainly came to the right place, there's no place with more knowledge about dynasty fantasy football than in here with all the forum members.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:49 am

Hi all,

My name's Pete, and I'm 33 years old from London, UK (wow this feels like a dating profile!). I grew up watching NFL highlights when it was shown over here at a stupid time in the morning, but got into fantasy for the first time in 2010, joining a 14-team redraft league, with people based all over, which I've played in ever since - made 5 playoffs, and twice a runner up, but no championships. Yet. We then moved in dynasty last year, and are about to have our first rookie draft. 12 teams, all London based.

Team-wise - I'm a Raiders fan. Spent a month working in SF back in 2008, and had a strong Raiders core in my first couple of leagues, and never looked back.

Otherwise, I've played a lot of rugby, and still play now, but at a much less competitive level, and I've been competing in triathlons for the last 3 years - sprints up to Ironman distance. I love playing golf - I just love sport! And beer.

I joined this site and forum a week or two back and love being here. I just wish I found this last year before the startup draft!
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

cnasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cnasty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:11 am

I've been lurking the boards for a while now, and finally decided to make an account. Originally from a state in the middle of the Bible belt, but I've bounced around a bit to land myself just south of Cleveland. Falcons fan since I can remember, but I do enjoy going to Browns games, when possible.

I've been playing FF since 06. My only dynasty league started up back in 2013, and I finally won it last year. I've got several title under my belt in redrafts, but I find a special satisfaction in dominating with a nice Dynasty squad.

In the little free time that I do find, I'm a gamer, card player, golfer, pit master, carpenter, softball player, whiskey drinker, listener of music, and general outdoorsman. I've yet to find a hobby that I couldn't enjoy, so I usually have to figure out which one is worth the time.
Dynasty Team:

12 team, 0.5 PPR, adjusted IDP format, 43 man rosters & 10 man Taxi squads, play your best 19.

Main Roster:

QB (start 1): M. Ryan, A. Smith, J. Garoppolo
RB (start 2-5): K. Barner, T. Coleman, N. Darkwa, K. Dixon, J. Ferguson, M. Gillislee, C. Ivory, D. Johnson, K. Marshall
WR (start 3-6): T. Austin, Jaron Brown, M. Bryant, J. Doctson, B. Ellington, C. Henderson, T. Hill, J. Landry, A. Robinson, A. Scott.
TE (start 1-4): J. Cook, C. Fleener, N. Paul, K. Rudolph
DL (start 2-3): G. Atkins, D. Harrison, G. Jarrett, J. Hughes, S. Richardson
LB (start 3-4): A. Barr, L. David, K. Mack, B. McKinney, W. Mercilus, B. Orakpo, R. Shazier
DB (start 3-4): K. Chancellor, H. Clinton-Dix, L. Collins, J. Cyprien, M. Hyde

Taxi Squad:

RB: M. Breida, C. Grant
WR: R. Davis, B. Miller, T. Sharpe, D. Westbrook
DL: D. Hall, T. Kpassagnon
LB: T. Bowser, C. Lawson

Brig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Brig » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Im a 40 year old father of two and have been selling insurance since I graduated College in 1999. I have a twin brother who loves fantasy football and several good friends that are in a league with us.

I gotta say this is by far my favorite place for Fantasy Info. I mostly have lurked these boards for the last few years until this year I decided to become more active. I am in two leagues...both are similar style formats. One is a 10 Man Keeper League non ppr with a Salary style format that I have been in since 1996. I have zero titles in this league.......more on this later. The other league is a 12 man keeper league with the same Salary format. I have 3 titles most recently last year I took home the trophy. This league fell apart this year sadly as no one really wants to run it anymore. That's ok..... because the 1st league is where my heart is at.

http://www60.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/37748#0

I am team Oklahoma. My Twin brother and my best friend are in this league with me. The Commish of this league, a fellow named Henry who owns team Charleston got me interested in Fantasy football back when I was about 16 years old working in McDonalds. I was hooked. Henry over the last 20 years has 9 titles. My Twin has 1 and my Best friend has 1. All I want is 1. Henry takes part in over 50 leagues.....he eats and breathes this stuff....he has several national championships with HUGE purses to his name and yet.....this small league is his favorite. So what keeps me going is the pot at the end of the rainbow....to beat this one team and claim a ship.

His team this year is better on paper than any team he has owned in this league since its creation. I have sooo many stories regarding this league with so many trades gone wrong....and a few that have gone right. I look at my team every day...I look at possible trade scenarios in this league every day....I am without a doubt the most hungry team in this league. I make the most trades and dwell on it more than any other owner and with the guidance of this board and this website i'm getting closer......
Rodgers Winston Goff
Zeke, Fournette, Ingram, Dobbins, Swift
K Allen, Godwin, Sutton, Chark, Sterling Shepard, Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Arcega Whiteside, Shenault
Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Jared Cook, Jonnu Smith,