Weis named OC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Haley and weis have ties together from the patriots. Makes sense to me.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:41 am

hot nikkels wrote:Haley and weis have ties together from the patriots. Makes sense to me.
How do they have Ties?? I'm not aware that Haley ever coached with Weiss or the Patriots, unless I'm missing something!!! Which is not unlike me sometimes! :D :lol:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:51 am

yumbo wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:Haley and weis have ties together from the patriots. Makes sense to me.
How do they have Ties?? I'm not aware that Haley ever coached with Weiss or the Patriots, unless I'm missing something!!! Which is not unlike me sometimes! :D :lol:
As far as I know there are no direct ties....???

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:42 am

hosler427 wrote:
yumbo wrote:
They worked for 3 years together with the Jets under Parcells from 97-99. Weis was the OC and Haley was his assistant.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 am

cowboys85 wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
yumbo wrote: How do they have Ties?? I'm not aware that Haley ever coached with Weiss or the Patriots, unless I'm missing something!!! Which is not unlike me sometimes! :D :lol:
They worked for 3 years together with the Jets under Parcells from 97-99. Weis was the OC and Haley was his assistant.
Gotcha...that went completely over my head :lol: :lol: I knew Weis was there but didn't know Haley was.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:06 am

I just hope this helps Bowe become dominant. I've been waiting for quite a while....(as a lot of us have)

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 am

thevidon2 wrote:I just hope this helps Bowe become dominant. I've been waiting for quite a while....(as a lot of us have)
It should. Bowe will be one of the greatest benefactors.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 pm

There was discussion last off-season about the Chiefs possible interest in Brady Quinn. Despite the trade that they eventually made for Cassel, I'd be intrigued to see if they try to make a play for him. With the change in the front office in Cleveland and Mangini staying they have no allegiance to Quinn. They could very well decide to go a completely different direction this season and deal Quinn away. It will take the Chiefs swallowing their pride and admitting that the trade and contract for Cassel was a mistake (I am not sure if Quinn is any better), but I think the potential is there.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:08 pm

skip wrote:There was discussion last off-season about the Chiefs possible interest in Brady Quinn. Despite the trade that they eventually made for Cassel, I'd be intrigued to see if they try to make a play for him. With the change in the front office in Cleveland and Mangini staying they have no allegiance to Quinn. They could very well decide to go a completely different direction this season and deal Quinn away. It will take the Chiefs swallowing their pride and admitting that the trade and contract for Cassel was a mistake (I am not sure if Quinn is any better), but I think the potential is there.
I am no Cassel fan but I think, if I was a Chiefs fan, I would be more excited about giving him another season than Brady Quinn.

Do you think Cassel can be successful with solid protection and potent running game?

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:09 pm

skip wrote:There was discussion last off-season about the Chiefs possible interest in Brady Quinn. Despite the trade that they eventually made for Cassel, I'd be intrigued to see if they try to make a play for him. With the change in the front office in Cleveland and Mangini staying they have no allegiance to Quinn. They could very well decide to go a completely different direction this season and deal Quinn away. It will take the Chiefs swallowing their pride and admitting that the trade and contract for Cassel was a mistake (I am not sure if Quinn is any better), but I think the potential is there.
I think its too early for the Chiefs to give up on Cassel, and there is too much money invested in him. I think you could definitely see Quinn leaving Cleveland though, as Holmgren might not be a fan of his, and Holmgren seems to be pretty creative historically in obtaining QBs, you could see the Browns trading for some other team's backup, and having that guy break out in Cleveland under Holmgren, much like Favre and Hasselbeck did for Holmgren originally.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Shawn wrote:
I think its too early for the Chiefs to give up on Cassel, and there is too much money invested in him. I think you could definitely see Quinn leaving Cleveland though, as Holmgren might not be a fan of his, and Holmgren seems to be pretty creative historically in obtaining QBs, you could see the Browns trading for some other team's backup, and having that guy break out in Cleveland under Holmgren, much like Favre and Hasselbeck did for Holmgren originally.
Honestly I think there is a better chance for Cleveland to make a deal with the Redskins for Campbell and sending either DA or Quinn. I was just throwing it out there. I just think Cassel's tenure is going to be pretty short lived. I suspect Weis may keep for a season to see what he can do with him, but that will be it.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 pm

skip wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Honestly I think there is a better chance for Cleveland to make a deal with the Redskins for Campbell and sending either DA or Quinn. I was just throwing it out there. I just think Cassel's tenure is going to be pretty short lived. I suspect Weis may keep for a season to see what he can do with him, but that will be it.
What about the Browns pursueing Hasselbeck?

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:21 pm

skip wrote:
Shawn wrote:
I think Campbell could be a real possibility for Cleveland depending on how Shanahan and Holmgren feel about him. I would think the Browns could also be interested in Kevin Kolb, Matt Hasselbeck, and Troy Smith to name a few. Heck, even Marc Bulger or Chad Pennington possibly as a short term solution, assuming Quinn isn't their guy.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince