Dez or cj?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Dez or cj?

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 am

1.1 who do you like better in .5 ppr and return yard league? Are these 2 the best skill position prospects in your opinion? Anyone else for the 1.1 in that scoring format?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:45 am

Spiller
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 am

With return yardage I would give the edge to Spiller. In a straight ppr I prefer Bryant though.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 am

hosler427 wrote:With return yardage I would give the edge to Spiller. In a straight ppr I prefer Bryant though.
I have a 1.2 and I am anticipating Bryant being there.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:19 am

it just depends so much on which teams and situations they end up....imo

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Spiller, and only because of the return yardage.

----------------
Now playing: Incubus - Priceless

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 pm

It's close but Spiller with return yardage counting in your league.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Actually, I think it's Spiller at #1 and it really isn't that close in my opinion. After that my 2a and 2b are Bryant and Best. In my league though, I think Best will go 1.2 and Dez will fall to me for my 1.3 pick. That will mean back to back years drafting a WR for me at 1.3, Crabtree last year and Bryant this year. I'm ok with that though. :wink:
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:22 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:Actually, I think it's Spiller at #1 and it really isn't that close in my opinion. After that my 2a and 2b are Bryant and Best. In my league though, I think Best will go 1.2 and Dez will fall to me for my 1.3 pick. That will mean back to back years drafting a WR for me at 1.3, Crabtree last year and Bryant this year. I'm ok with that though. :wink:
And I thought your team couldn´t get any better.
btw.. why do you have two first roudners again? what are those otehr owners thinking??? looking at your team, I guess they must be really hating you.. :lol:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:36 pm

On pure talent, I give the edge to Bryant, but we need to see exactly where both players end up. Chances are that neither one goes to the Raiders, but there are other bad situations out there that one of these guys could end up in that could screw up their value. For example, lets say Bryant goes to Bills and Regis Benn or Golden Tate goes to the Patriots, in that case I think you'd have to seriously consider moving Benn or Tate ahead of Bryant based purely on situation.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 pm

not gonna lie id take best over all of em, after that it depends on what position u need

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Shawn wrote:On pure talent, I give the edge to Bryant, but we need to see exactly where both players end up. Chances are that neither one goes to the Raiders, but there are other bad situations out there that one of these guys could end up in that could screw up their value. For example, lets say Bryant goes to Bills and Regis Benn or Golden Tate goes to the Patriots, in that case I think you'd have to seriously consider moving Benn or Tate ahead of Bryant based purely on situation.
I think that's a good point, but I think the NFL changes so much that it's mistake to take a less talented prospect. Crabtree was in a "worse" spot in SanFran then lets say Nicks in New York at the start of the season, but Crabtree played well and SanFran looks like they have something to build on in the future.

Situation matters IMO, but not as much as talent.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:51 pm

Dynasty wrote:not gonna lie id take best over all of em, after that it depends on what position u need
I like Best as well, but I'm worried he's gonna get his bell rung sooner then later in the pros. And with all this concussion buisness happening in the NFL, he worries me a bit.

I heard the NFL may come up with some sort of process that will keep concussion victims out for a set period of time. I would hate owning a stud prohibited for (lets say as an example) 4 weeks due to a ruling on concussions that would probably sideline him for a week or just the game he was hit in.

Players will LIE through their teeth not to miss games.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:54 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
Dynasty wrote:not gonna lie id take best over all of em, after that it depends on what position u need
I like Best as well, but I'm worried he's gonna get his bell rung sooner then later in the pros. And with all this concussion buisness happening in the NFL, he worries me a bit.

I heard the NFL may come up with some sort of process that will keep concussion victims out for a set period of time. I would hate owning a stud prohibited for (lets say as an example) 4 weeks due to a ruling on concussions that would probably sideline him for a week or just the game he was hit in.

Players will LIE through their teeth not to miss games.
The whole Best concussion thing has me considering dropping him significantly in my rankings. I would have him at #4 if he was completely healthy