Bills fire entire coaching staff

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Bills fire entire coaching staff

Postby cowboys85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 am

Bills fired their entire coaching staff, including interim head coach Perry Fewell.
The Bills believe the ends will justify the means with a second interview lined up for Bill Cowher. It's just too bad they're losing a quality coach like Fewell, who was the defensive coordinator before being promoted following Dick Jauron's midseason firing. A Cover 2 mind with a DBs coach background, Fewell's secondaries always came to play, and the unit finished 2009 No. 2 overall in pass defense. Fewell shouldn't have trouble resurfacing as a defensive playcaller somewhere like Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, or New Orleans. Jan. 4 - 11:35 am et -Rotoworld
I wonder if Cowher would really go to Buffalo? There have been rumors linking him to Tampa Bay also. I also read somewhere about Marty Schottenheimer being appointed "football czar" in Buffalo and bringing his son Brian in from NYJ to be the head coach.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Bills fire entire coaching staff

Postby hosler427 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 am

cowboys85 wrote:
Bills fired their entire coaching staff, including interim head coach Perry Fewell.
The Bills believe the ends will justify the means with a second interview lined up for Bill Cowher. It's just too bad they're losing a quality coach like Fewell, who was the defensive coordinator before being promoted following Dick Jauron's midseason firing. A Cover 2 mind with a DBs coach background, Fewell's secondaries always came to play, and the unit finished 2009 No. 2 overall in pass defense. Fewell shouldn't have trouble resurfacing as a defensive playcaller somewhere like Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, or New Orleans. Jan. 4 - 11:35 am et -Rotoworld
I wonder if Cowher would really go to Buffalo? There have been rumors linking him to Tampa Bay also. I also read somewhere about Marty Schottenheimer being appointed "football czar" in Buffalo and bringing his son Brian in from NYJ to be the head coach.
I think this is a sign of something potentiall big happening in Buffalo but it could be a whole lot of little things happening instead. Buffalo doesn't usually make a big splash. If the Shottenheimer rumor is true, I hope Brian is a better HC than playcaller :wink: I guess Cowher could happen but I really don't see Buffalo putting the kind of money up that he could get elsewhere.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:29 am

I've heard that the bills owner is ready to pay for a "bigtime" coach. I like the idea of Marty ball in buffalo. He's linked to LT and Priest in their prime. Add Lynch to a RB under schotty. I'd lime that very much.

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 am

From Adam Schefter's twitter:
Adam_Schefter: New development to coaching carousel and to Buffalo's coaching search: Being told that Bill Cowher not likely to coach in 2010.
Well so much for Cowher in Buffalo...
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

Entropy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Entropy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 am

cowboys85 wrote:From Adam Schefter's twitter:
Adam_Schefter: New development to coaching carousel and to Buffalo's coaching search: Being told that Bill Cowher not likely to coach in 2010.
Well so much for Cowher in Buffalo...
I find this quite odd. Shefter was on Mike & Mike this morning talking about how Cowher chose to re-enter coaching this year because of the very real possibility that 2011 might be a dead year. That means if he doesn't get a job this year, he would have been out of coaching for 5 years by the time he could get back in.

He also mentioned though that Cowher was probably taken aback by how poor the opportunities were. Cowher apparrently was already collecting a staff and so forth, but if Fox and Philips keep their jobs, the Redskins, Bucs, Bills, maybe the Browns, and maybe the Raiders are the spots, and none of those seem like likely Cowher landing points. I guess the poor quality of opportunities outweighed the potential dead year.
--Entropy ===GO SKINS===
10-team .25PPR league 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 11 BN, 1 IR
QB: Rodgers(Gb), Ryan(Atl)
RB: Martin(Tb), Lynch(Sea), Spiller(Buf), Miller (Mia), Ingram(NO), Hyde (SF)
WR: Cobb(Gb), Crabtree(Sf), Bowe (Kc), Hartline(Mia), Shorts(Jac), Gordon(Cle), Jeffery(Chi), Hunter(Ten), Quick(StL)
TE: Eifert(Cin), Kelce(KC), Fleener(Ind), Amaro(NyJ)
K: varies
DEF: Arizona

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 am

Good news for Lynch and his owners, no matter who will be the next HC.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:47 am

This is even better News for Bears fans, since they won;t eat Lovies Contract this year, there still a chance the Chin will becoming the Chi-Town in 2011... as long as there is no lockout.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm

BradyT wrote:Good news for Lynch and his owners, no matter who will be the next HC.
I know some feel this way but reality is two coaches in a row, who were familiar with the Bills situation chose Jackson over Lynch.

Are we so arrogant to assume we know more then NFL coaches do?? I don't. Two different head coaches have chose Fred Jackson over Marshawn Lynch and I have taken notice.

I am a Marshawn Lynch owner in a big money league and am not excited over a coaching change. Marshawn Lynch is what he is...a back up to Fred Jackson.

----------------
Now playing: Third Eye Blind - The Background

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Pilate wrote:
BradyT wrote:Good news for Lynch and his owners, no matter who will be the next HC.
I know some feel this way but reality is two coaches in a row, who were familiar with the Bills situation chose Jackson over Lynch.

Are we so arrogant to assume we know more then NFL coaches do?? I don't. Two different head coaches have chose Fred Jackson over Marshawn Lynch and I have taken notice.

I am a Marshawn Lynch owner in a big money league and am not excited over a coaching change. Marshawn Lynch is what he is...a back up to Fred Jackson.

----------------
I agree completely. The Lynch bandwagon seem oblivious to the fact that Fred Jackson has been nothing but awesome with every opportunity he has been given.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:27 pm

Orca wrote:
Pilate wrote:

----------------
ah, it'll be fun to pull these post up mid year in 2010 to see who's right. I gotta feelin it's gonna be marshawn over the 29 year old Fred Jackson.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:50 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
Orca wrote:
Pilate wrote: I know some feel this way but reality is two coaches in a row, who were familiar with the Bills situation chose Jackson over Lynch.

----------------
ah, it'll be fun to pull these post up mid year in 2010 to see who's right. I gotta feelin it's gonna be marshawn over the 29 year old Fred Jackson.
I tend to go with the experts...if they are wrong and a few armchair QB's are right, I will give you the credit. :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Collective Soul - Bearing Witness

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
Orca wrote:
Pilate wrote: I know some feel this way but reality is two coaches in a row, who were familiar with the Bills situation chose Jackson over Lynch.

----------------
Exactly.

Lynch is 23.

I'm buying low.
Last edited by hostile on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:54 pm

hostile wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
Orca wrote: ah, it'll be fun to pull these post up mid year in 2010 to see who's right. I gotta feelin it's gonna be marshawn over the 29 year old Fred Jackson.
Exactly.

Lynch is 23.

I'm buying low.
Lynch has been hyped up to such a level that, even now his 'buy low' is too expensive, in my opinion.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 pm

hostile wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
Orca wrote: ah, it'll be fun to pull these post up mid year in 2010 to see who's right. I gotta feelin it's gonna be marshawn over the 29 year old Fred Jackson.
Exactly.

Lynch is 23.

I'm buying low.
No one is arguing their value in 3-5 years. Were talking today's situation. I say Jackson outproduces Lynch next year and by then, who knows where Lynch is or who the Bills have drafted or signed behind him.

Here is the bottom line folks, as of today, the Bills value Jackson more then Lynch. Do what you want with it.

----------------
Now playing: Dashboard Confessional - Belle Of The Boulevard

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Pilate wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:
Orca wrote: the coaching experts you are flaking about were fired so maybe their expertise is lacking.

I tend to go with the experts...if they are wrong and a few armchair QB's are right, I will give you the credit. :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Collective Soul - Bearing Witness