Matt Moore

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Matt Moore

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:45 pm

So what's your guys take on him? He's been pretty impressive since Delhomme went down.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:48 pm

He has done about as well as can be expected with his opportunity and I think he has more than earned consideration as starter next year. Let's see what he can do with a full off season to prepare and perhaps they will go out and get another decent weapon at wide receiver.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:52 pm

I have been high on him for the last year. He's been a nice stash guy (not stache :)) if you could be patient.

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:53 pm

I'd like him more without Fox's loyalty to vets and the contract extension, but I think he has a chance of winning the job next year. Although I'm slightly bias as I have him.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Re: Matt Moore

Postby hostile » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Steelersfan wrote:So what's your guys take on him? He's been pretty impressive since Delhomme went down.

He has done fairly well, considering he had lost one starting tackle, then the other, then his top WR.

I still dont believe he has supplanted Delhomme - CAR has WAY too much money tied up in Jake to simply let him hold a clip board. I do, however, believe he has earned a genuine chance to start.

Coaching staff changes could also affect this, but I have recently read that Fox will return.

I think this is a "training camp battle", and he'll take over if Jake continues his ways into about Wk 3, when Moore will be given his shot.

You heard it here first.

=P

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm

I've had this guy on a dynasty roster twice in the last 2 years, I wish I had hung on to him.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:17 pm

I think he's going to be a mild surprise. I was able to get him on one team. He's a definite hold for now.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Matt Moore

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 pm

hostile wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:So what's your guys take on him? He's been pretty impressive since Delhomme went down.

He has done fairly well, considering he had lost one starting tackle, then the other, then his top WR.

I still dont believe he has supplanted Delhomme - CAR has WAY too much money tied up in Jake to simply let him hold a clip board. I do, however, believe he has earned a genuine chance to start.

Coaching staff changes could also affect this, but I have recently read that Fox will return.

I think this is a "training camp battle", and he'll take over if Jake continues his ways into about Wk 3, when Moore will be given his shot.

You heard it here first.

=P
Delhomme's contract pays the same if Jake starts, sits on the bench, or is cut. So, they are paying him regardless if he plays or is even on the team or not. The coaches have to go with Moore at this point. He's clearly outplayed Delhomme and if this move was made sooner, CAR might be in the playoffs right now. Now, those coaches may not do the right thing...but they won't be around to coach much longer if they play the terrible INT-machine Delhomme any longer as a starter. He needs to be holding a clipboard at best.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 am

2010 will be Fox's last year of his contract. Loyalty will go out the door and he will be coaching for a new contract. I expect Moore to win the battle more then you know. I just traded for Steve Smith. :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Jars Of Clay - There Might Be A Light