The extremely talented and always underrated Amari Cooper Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SnidelyWhiplash
Rookie
Rookie

Re: One of these things is not like the other: Amari Cooper

Postby SnidelyWhiplash » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:44 am

If Oakland commits to using him on a more consistent basis and giving him a proper target share (he was targeted as often as Mo Sanu and Marqise Lee this year) then I think he could flirt with low-mid WR1 numbers with a high WR2 floor. The fact that he can be such a solid deep threat and, as you said, the most efficient slot WR over the past two years, just proves to me that he has legit top-end talent and can be a true #1 in the league.
Target share is not Amari's problem and his end of season target numbers are very deceiving. Through 10 games Cooper was averaging 8.4 target/game which would have been in the top 15 among receivers. He was incredibly inefficient.

Cooper is young and could still become an elite wide receiver, but as of now he is the most overrated player in the dynasty community.
12 team superflex /.5ppr/ 25 man rosters/3 IR
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,Superflex, DST
QB: Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Kamara, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson,
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Lockett, A.J. Brown, McLaurin, Davis
TE: Jonnu, Ebron
DST: Chargers

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:59 am

Agreed cooper is very overrated has been .. he failed to produce the past 18 months not just this this past year ... I just don’t thin he is a true wr one especially when you have to be schemed every game to get open....he can be good if they put in the right system if he doesn’t drop every ball thrown his way ..I would take him as my wr 3 and nothing g more can’t be trusted yet..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:08 pm It is obvious to many of us that you have phaded Cooper down your rankings. ;)
Bahaha.

I see what you did there.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:48 am

Gotta hand it to you, Phaded. You saw this a lot more accurately than most, even through your Raiders and fantasy ownership biases.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Amari Cooper

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 pm

A lot of people expected Coop to break out this year, I was one of them. As a Raider fan, I was disappointed. He had the drops again. he had it cleaned up in year 2 with one of the best drop rates in the league, but regressed in that area again. The KC game showed his ceiling, and a lot of drops were concentration drops. It seems to be in his head. Can he get his game back, or not? I don't think Chucky will put up with those drops (in other words catch the ball or ride the pine). Carr said he was playing hurt most of the year, but so do a lot of guys. So what are we going to get from Amari? He was a sure fire can't miss prospect, with back to back 1000 yard seasons, and then he lays a dud. He's still only 23, does he get it together, or not?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

SnidelyWhiplash
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Amari Cooper

Postby SnidelyWhiplash » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=155521

Check out that thread for a recent Amari discussion.
12 team superflex /.5ppr/ 25 man rosters/3 IR
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,Superflex, DST
QB: Rodgers, Brees, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Kamara, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson,
WR: Hopkins, Julio, Lockett, A.J. Brown, McLaurin, Davis
TE: Jonnu, Ebron
DST: Chargers

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Sorry, I looked and missed that. Thanks
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:34 pm

The more Amari Cooper threads the merrier imo. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:45 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/276 ... -picked-up

Amari Cooper 5th year extension picked up by Raiders :D
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:48 am Gotta hand it to you, Phaded. You saw this a lot more accurately than most, even through your Raiders and fantasy ownership biases.
I'm still making my way through this thread, but I jumped to the newest page to see what's been added, then was going to say the same thing- props for seeing this, in spite of your homer glasses.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

The 5th year option - that was just a matter of time, the team had until May 3rd to decide. From my understanding; 5th year options are guaranteed for injury only as well (I believe I read that somewhere) so it doesn't guarantee he'll be around for year 5 (although I think he will be).

With all of this said - Cooper's value has predictably fallen and has currently leveled out as the 21st ranked player, which I think is a lot more fair.

As a result of me posting this thread; I ended up selling Cooper not long afterwards and got Mike Evans out of it (which I was and still am very happy about).

However, he has found his way back onto my roster. I flipped Mixon for Cooper straight up.

Cooper is a reasonable buy right now - as I feel like he's valued around where he should be. I view him as a young WR2; which I think makes the 21 overall ranking pretty appropriate.

I also decided to acquire him on the chance he ends up with similar hype to when I initially posted this (or if he starts the season out really strong), and if so - I'll flip him again.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:19 pm

I think Gruden will help the offense as a whole. Coop inside the top fifteen this year.

Regardless, I appreciate all the effort you put into this, Phaded.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:35 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm Cooper is a reasonable buy right now - as I feel like he's valued around where he should be. I view him as a young WR2; which I think makes the 21 overall ranking pretty appropriate.

I also decided to acquire him on the chance he ends up with similar hype to when I initially posted this (or if he starts the season out really strong), and if so - I'll flip him again.
I'm actually really interested to see what happens with Cooper's value going forward, even if he turns things around.

Sometimes when a player has burned people enough and also failed to live up to the over the top hype he once had, his value ends up still declining even when he levels off to a pretty good player. I'm thinking guys like Cedric Benson or Reggie Bush who turned into pretty good low RB1/high RB2 types of players in the middle of their careers, but always had very little trade value in spite of it because they weren't the top 3 fantasy studs people had originally envisioned, and they had burned a lot of people along their path to get there.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:21 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:19 pm I think Gruden will help the offense as a whole. Coop inside the top fifteen this year.

Regardless, I appreciate all the effort you put into this, Phaded.
We'll see. But I for one have not been impressed by his offseason moves thus far. Maybe it will work out, but I'm skeptical and didn't think Gruden was that great of a coach when he was in the league years ago. Regardless, Marc Davis will be paying him for some time, so hopefully the chips fall in the Raiders' favor.

Cooper as a top 15-20 WR isn't out of the question though. I'm still a believer in his game.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Cooper was on the injury report every single Wednesday after week 1 with a knee issue. Derek Carr was coming off an injured back. Michael Crabtree is gone. Amari Cooper broke out in college at age 18.2 (99th percentile) and had a 47.2% (93rd percentile) dominator. He is a lock for a top 12 performance this year. Book it.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant