Desean or Colston

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:06 am

I don't see Brees slipping in the future as a QB. Colston is locked in long term and has the skill set to be an 80+ catch, 1,200+/- yard, 10+ TD WR every year. DJax will be a good player. But, I see his career going up and down a bit. Just a hunch.

And, though it's a little biased, short WRs don't usually become top 10 guys for the long haul. Steve Smith South is the only exception to that rule. And, he plays with the biggest chip on his shoulder that I've ever seen. I don't think DJax has that same drive, though I'm not knocking his work ethic. Of the guys in the top 10 dynasty rankings, SSS is the only WR under 6'1" I believe. And, most of the elite guys are all 6'3" or taller. There is good reason for this. They are more likely to be more consistent in the red zone. And, they are more likely to still be very productive as they suffer injuries or lose a step with age.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

khrolltop
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby khrolltop » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:16 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:I don't see Brees slipping in the future as a QB. Colston is locked in long term and has the skill set to be an 80+ catch, 1,200+/- yard, 10+ TD WR every year. DJax will be a good player. But, I see his career going up and down a bit. Just a hunch.

And, though it's a little biased, short WRs don't usually become top 10 guys for the long haul. Steve Smith South is the only exception to that rule. And, he plays with the biggest chip on his shoulder that I've ever seen. I don't think DJax has that same drive, though I'm not knocking his work ethic. Of the guys in the top 10 dynasty rankings, SSS is the only WR under 6'1" I believe. And, most of the elite guys are all 6'3" or taller. There is good reason for this. They are more likely to be more consistent in the red zone. And, they are more likely to still be very productive as they suffer injuries or lose a step with age.
While all of your posts have some valid points, and I love Colston, I love DJax more. Jackson is the fastest WR in the league. There is no contest. He gets seperation with an ease that is astonishing. He is not only a sprinter, he is an excellent football player. So far he is one of a kind. You can compare Colston with 10-12 other receivers, but No One compares to D Jax. He can loose a step with age and he will still put most DBs in the dust. He is Steve Smith with another gear.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:14 am

I am a HUGE Colston fan. That being said, D. Jackson is an insane talent. He also showed a really good rapport with Kolb when he played, which bodes well for future years. Colston has, at times, looked ordinary this year. He had several games with some bad drops.

When all is said and done, I think they both have productive years going forward, I just think D. Jackson will have more of them and they will likely be a bit higher than Colston.