Week 17 - Dynasty Scouting Time

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jeff_eaglz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Week 17 - Dynasty Scouting Time

Postby jeff_eaglz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:27 am

Week 17 may not have much in the way of fantasy football implications, but it is a good time to scout some players for 2010 and beyond.

Who will you have your eye on this week and why?

What are you looking for in anticipation of 2010 and/or free agency in your league?

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:35 am

A few guys I am going to be watching with interest. These guys are all on my roster now but I may have to cut one or two of them next week when I take Leon Washington and possibly Jarrett Dillard off IR. I also just want to be able to evaluate my team properly when making deals in the offseason

Devin Aromashodu (will he start in 2010?)
Arian foster (does he have a chance to be the man in HOU next year?)
Ahmad Bradshaw (Love the talent, but can he handle a full load?)
Matt Moore (does he have a chance to be a legit NFL starter?)
Mike Sims-Walker (can he be more consistent?)

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 am

Matt Moore and Foster for sure.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:30 am

bobbytheo3 wrote:A few guys I am going to be watching with interest. These guys are all on my roster now but I may have to cut one or two of them next week when I take Leon Washington and possibly Jarrett Dillard off IR. I also just want to be able to evaluate my team properly when making deals in the offseason

Brian Brohm (hopefully gets another start for the Bills - it's a reach but he could be their future QB)
Kahlil Bell (faster than Forte, but likely not as good)
Gartrell Johnson (will play this week backing up Bradshaw)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

jeff_eaglz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jeff_eaglz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:00 am

bobbytheo3 wrote:A few guys I am going to be watching with interest. These guys are all on my roster now but I may have to cut one or two of them next week when I take Leon Washington and possibly Jarrett Dillard off IR. I also just want to be able to evaluate my team properly when making deals in the offseason

Nice start of the topic - I'll share my thoughts.

Aromashodu will get a legit shot to start next year - Lovie Smith has already said as much.

Foster will get the start this week and HOU needs at least one option other than Slaton.
Bradshaw will likely split time with Jacobs again.
Matt Moore should (and likely will) get a shot to start in CAR. He's pretty good.
MSW will always have consistency problems until a legit WR2 emerges..... possibly Mike Thomas?

RBs are RBBC going forward for most teams, so as long as your guy is one of two then you're ok. You're even better off if he's the receiver in PPR leagues and you're better off if he's the GL guy if you're in a TD league.

jeff_eaglz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jeff_eaglz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:02 am

Misfit74 wrote:

Brian Brohm (hopefully gets another start for the Bills - it's a reach but he could be their future QB)
Kahlil Bell (faster than Forte, but likely not as good)
Gartrell Johnson (will play this week backing up Bradshaw)
You would have to think that the Bills will draft a QB. Hard to say. That's a mess up there.

Kahlil "Cow" Bell is not that much of a threat. I see him like LeRon McClain at best.

G. Johnson is interesting - I still remember his outstanding bowl game performance last year.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 pm

jeff_eaglz wrote:

Aromashodu will get a legit shot to start next year - Lovie Smith has already said as much.

Foster will get the start this week and HOU needs at least one option other than Slaton.
Matt Moore should (and likely will) get a shot to start in CAR. He's pretty good.
MSW will always have consistency problems until a legit WR2 emerges..... possibly Mike Thomas?

RBs are RBBC going forward for most teams, so as long as your guy is one of two then you're ok. You're even better off if he's the receiver in PPR leagues and you're better off if he's the GL guy if you're in a TD league.
This year: "Giants placed Brandon Jacobs (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season."
Next year: Bradshaw is a FA (in a capped year). There is also rookie Andre Brown who should return from injury.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

jeff_eaglz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jeff_eaglz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
jeff_eaglz wrote:

This year: "Giants placed Brandon Jacobs (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season."
Next year: Bradshaw is a FA (in a capped year). There is also rookie Andre Brown who should return from injury.
Everything I can find has Bradshaw signed through 2010.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:01 pm

jeff_eaglz wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
jeff_eaglz wrote: Nice start of the topic - I'll share my thoughts.

Everything I can find has Bradshaw signed through 2010.
I think you are right. My bad on that one. 7/24/2007: Signed a four-year, $1.7 million contract.

Not exactly getting paid, is he? :oops:

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:50 am

Misfit74 wrote:
I think you are right. My bad on that one. 7/24/2007: Signed a four-year, $1.7 million contract.

Not exactly getting paid, is he? :oops:
7th rounders typically aren't well paid :wink:

turftoad
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby turftoad » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
jeff_eaglz wrote:

Yep, Brown could very well be the man for the Giants next year.
Go Broncos !!

Start: 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR (AND 1 FLEX, RB OR WR) , 1 TE, 1 KICKER, AND SOME IDP'S
12 MAN LEAGUE, NO PPR

QB: SHAUB, RYAN, TEBOW
RB: GORE, M. BUSH, J. STEWART, MORENO, MCCOY, A. BROWN, A DIXON, MARONEY, TORAIN,
WR: FITZ, MARSHALL, SIMS-WALKER, M. WALLACE, AUSTIN, HARDY, M. KELLY, DOUCET, MORGAN
TE: HEAP, GRESHAM
K: RACKERS, PRATER