Moreno vs Mendenhall

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
khrolltop
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby khrolltop » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:15 am

I don't have any of the 3, but I'd take Beanie Wells over either of the M&M boys.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 am

khrolltop wrote:I don't have any of the 3, but I'd take Beanie Wells over either of the M&M boys.
I don't think Wells is a top-15 dynasty back at this point, but has tremendous upside

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
dlf_stevea wrote:Mendenhall. In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret....I think he'll be a top-5 or 6 back dynasty for a long time. He has it all and is THE complete back a la Steven Jackson and Deangelo Williams. Just look at the 2nd half of this season as a good starting point. You guys know I've always been a buy-low Mendy guy and I think he's the best back in that class.

You could do worse, though...Moreno is a top-10 guy.
I think him and JStew are comparable, and I've been helping drive the Mendenhall bandwagon since he was drafted. Patience paid off for those who waited. People who sold him low or declined to trade for him if they could should be kicking themselves. Skip might never come around on Mendenhall, but I think he hates Mendenhall less than Roy Williams at least... :roll: :lol:
pretty sure i think both are studs. and i drafted both at 1.1, and 1.2 respectively in their drafts... im just sayin.

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:26 pm

khrolltop wrote:I don't have any of the 3, but I'd take Beanie Wells over either of the M&M boys.
Wow, that is bold. I have all three in my league #2, and so far Mendenhall impresses me the most, but he has disappeared in games too. I am hopeful that Wells is the real deal in Arizona, but he has looked softer than I thought he would be. Moreno may never be a top RB, but I think he could be solid for years to come.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
dlf_stevea wrote:Mendenhall. In fact, I'll let you in on a little secret....I think he'll be a top-5 or 6 back dynasty for a long time. He has it all and is THE complete back a la Steven Jackson and Deangelo Williams. Just look at the 2nd half of this season as a good starting point. You guys know I've always been a buy-low Mendy guy and I think he's the best back in that class.

I think him and JStew are comparable, and I've been helping drive the Mendenhall bandwagon since he was drafted. Patience paid off for those who waited. People who sold him low or declined to trade for him if they could should be kicking themselves. Skip might never come around on Mendenhall, but I think he hates Mendenhall less than Roy Williams at least... :roll: :lol:
JStew is an elite talent with the size of a 235 pounder and moves like a 200 pounder. Mendenhall is nowhere near JStews league my friend.

To qoute my good friend Spencer..."just sayin".

----------------
Now playing: Blink 182 - I Miss You

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:41 am

Pilate wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

JStew is an elite talent with the size of a 235 pounder and moves like a 200 pounder. Mendenhall is nowhere near JStews league my friend.

To qoute my good friend Spencer..."just sayin".

----------------
Now playing: Blink 182 - I Miss You
I agree with this assesment. If I had to rank them (I'll include the other names included):
Jonathan Stewart
Beanie Wells
Knowshon Moreno
Rashard Mendenhall

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 am

Wow!

On almost every current dynasty list I see Mendenhall is in the top 12. Yet, he's not getting a lot of love here.

Footballguys.com has him #11

Here he's #9: http://dynastyrankings.blogspot.com/sea ... 20Rankings

Here's another one at #9: http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2010/ ... cfm?pos=RB

Here he's #8: http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=14

I'm "just sayin"

:wink:
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:Wow!

On almost every current dynasty list I see Mendenhall is in the top 12. Yet, he's not getting a lot of love here.

Here's another one at #9: http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2010/ ... cfm?pos=RB

I'm "just sayin"

Spencer has started a revolution. :lol:

Regarding the rankings...we like to think outside of the box here at DLF. The other sites spit out the typical, "Matthew Berry" rankings. People come here for a fresh, bold outlook on Fantasy Football.

Where can you find owners like Vince other then this site?!?!?

Just sayin'.

----------------
Now playing: The Prodigy - Spitfire

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Pilate wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:Wow!

I'm "just sayin"

Spencer has started a revolution. :lol:

Regarding the rankings...we like to think outside of the box here at DLF. The other sites spit out the typical, "Matthew Berry" rankings. People come here for a fresh, bold outlook on Fantasy Football.

Where can you find owners like Vince other then this site?!?!?

Just sayin'.

----------------
Now playing: The Prodigy - Spitfire

I believe I actually started this "revolution" :lol: ....just sayin....but I stopped after a little bit.

and did Nate just give me some props? I think I stared at this post for 5 minutes trying to convince myself there was a cheap shot here somewhere. :wink:

Happy New Years to all!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:38 pm

kris_kapsner wrote: On almost every current dynasty list I see Mendenhall is in the top 12. Yet, he's not getting a lot of love here.
Because the bulk of what you get year in and year out on fantasy web sites is the regurgitation of what you see on the rest. Very few original thoughts, just the same tired opinions over and over. We may have a variety of opinions on this board - but the bulk of those opinions are based on what we see on the football field and not on what we are reading on the internet.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:37 pm

mendy.....with fast willy always injured mendy doesn't have to split teh carries taht moreno does with buckhalter....mendy is on a better team as well

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Mendenhall is the best RB who has been mentioned in this thread.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:45 pm

thevidon2 wrote:Mendenhall is the best RB who has been mentioned in this thread.

Im pretty sure Jonathan Stewart has something to say about this.....

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:48 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
thevidon2 wrote:Mendenhall is the best RB who has been mentioned in this thread.

Im pretty sure Jonathan Stewart has something to say about this.....
Yep, and it's, "When I grow up I want to be just like you Mendy!"

In all seriousness they are very close IMO.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Steelersfan wrote: Yep, and it's, "When I grow up I want to be just like you Mendy!"
ROFL

You should be doing standup, Mark.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.